AMS2 Ultima vs GT3 @ Barcelona, Thursday 22nd June

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Also after the first spin tires never cooled down even a bit. Not sure if that is how it should be or a setup issue. More used to rF2 where they overheat badly but will cool down, with massive flat spots though.
I did some testing with the Porsche over lunch at the same track and I was struggling to get the tyres to overheat on the default setting. I had to turn off the TC and ABS, then keep spinning the rears up to get them into the orange, but by the end of the main straight they were back in the green. I suspect it might have been setup related. Have you ever driven the car before on a different version of the game and made changes to the setup? The reason I ask is because it is recommended to reset the setup to default after an update to the game as people have reported odd behaviour when trying to carry their setups forward.

I did some testing with the Porsche over lunch at the same track and I was struggling to get the tyres to overheat on the default setting. I had to turn off the TC and ABS, then keep spinning the rears up to get them into the orange, but by the end of the main straight they were back in the green. I suspect it might have been setup related. Have you ever driven the car before on a different version of the game and made changes to the setup? The reason I ask is because it is recommended to reset the setup to default after an update to the game as people have reported odd behaviour when trying to carry their setups forward.
Thanks guys, appreciate your input!
No, haven,t driven this car before in AMS2.
Below is what I had used (seems it survices the session / game closed, very sure it was this).
Pressures were higher than that when I changed to the Porsche so I lowered them as it was better with the Ginetta as well. I hate understeer so I added a click here and there.
Balance felt good for the first few laps, then it started to become difficult which with the rather warm track is why I suspect the tire settings were just off
I just saw that resetting to defaults puts them even lower than what I used so maybe the switching car within session did something funky.
I have to add that I use simhub overlays for everything and have turned off the default hud completely. My overlay showed 120+ degrees for the left side. No idea how it is here but in rF2 thats a big no no but maybe the numbers are wrong or that is still fine in AMS2.
Either way, will also do some testing when I get to it.

20230623182730_1.jpg
20230623182739_1.jpg

My overlay showed 120+ degrees for the left side. No idea how it is here but in rF2 thats a big no no but maybe the numbers are wrong or that is still fine in AMS2.
That is a big no-no in AMS2 also. I only really know this from the testing I did with the SuperV8 as it was in the same ball park.

Balance felt good for the first few laps, then it started to become difficult which with the rather warm track
Oh drat! I just realised I have been totally forgetting about the date/time when setting up the events! I need to re-do my testing I did yesterday on the same conditions and also you have reminded me to check the one I setup for next week. Thank you! :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.