AMS2 Ultima GTR @ Jacarepaguá - Sunday 2 January 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Peter Kasbergen

RD AMS2 moderator
AMS2 Racing Club Sunday v3.jpg

SUNDAY AMS2 RACING CLUB WEEKLY EVENTS ARE BACK STARTING JAN 2nd 2022! HERE WE GO!

RaceDepartment AMS2 Racing Club weekly events are back! Over the coming period, RaceDepartment will be hosting several weekly events in Automobilista 2 on different weekdays. I will personally be managing the Sunday races, which will be for RD Premium Members only. So please, do not share the password with others. For now, the races will be hosted every Sunday evening, starting at 19:00 hours. As AMS2 features a large selection of cars and tracks not present in other sims, the races will feature various combinations to help you discover some hidden gems in the game and -most importantly- allow all of us to have some fun in good, clean races.

The format of the races will be the same every week:
  • 30 minutes free practice (19:00-19:30 CET)
  • 15 minutes qualifying (19:30-19:45 CET)
  • 45 minutes race (19:45-20:30 CET)
  • fixed setup (default)
The track, cars and weather will vary from week to week. There could even be some multi-class racing down the line, provided we get enough people on track. If you have any requests or suggestions, please let me know!

The first RD AMS2 Racing Club Sunday race will take place on Jan 2nd at 19:00 CET and will have the following setup:

Host Settings
  • Lobby Name: RaceDepartment #2 ULTIMA
  • Password: hnyrdams2
  • Max grid size: 32
Car & Track
  • Car: Ultima GTR
  • Track: Jacarepaguá Historic 2005
Race

20220106-race.JPG

Realism

20220106-realism.JPG

Rules & Regulations

20220106-rules.JPG

Please sign up by adding a comment and be sure to watch the RaceDepartment Club Rules video:

Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join the Discord here and check out the #read-this-first to setup your premium account. I hope to see you all on track next week!

Entry List
  1. Peter Kasbergen
  2. Douglas Aird
  3. GeekyDeaks
  4. Andrew Leach
  5. Jason Chamberlain
  6. Driver name
  7. Driver name
  8. Driver name
  9. Driver name
  10. Driver name
  11. Driver name
  12. Driver name
  13. Driver name
  14. Driver name
  15. Driver name
  16. Driver name
  17. Driver name
  18. Driver name
  19. Driver name
  20. Driver name
  21. Driver name
  22. Driver name
  23. Driver name
  24. Driver name
  25. Driver name
  26. Driver name
  27. Driver name
  28. Driver name
  29. Driver name
  30. Driver name
  31. Driver name
  32. Driver name

Last edited:
I'd like to join, but I cant for the life of me get the car to switch gears. The game sees my paddles and lets me map them, but once in car it dosent work. I know this is very basic, but erm...help? :O_o: Gears set to manual, auto clutch, all that...

I'd like to join, but I cant for the life of me get the car to switch gears. The game sees my paddles and lets me map them, but once in car it dosent work. I know this is very basic, but erm...help? :O_o: Gears set to manual, auto clutch, all that...
I would definitely create a new thread here and explaining that problem with all the needed infos and bits https://www.racedepartment.com/forums/automobilista-2.555/

For sure a dev or another knowledge source will help!

I did go there, was about to open up a new thread and under the thread recommendations to read before posting, someone said I should try and assign the wheel as 'custom'. That oddly did the trick. I guess Reiza didnt think about the APM module for Fanatec formula wheels when they configured the game. Now I just have to assign EVERYTHING manually in the game...*sigh*.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.