Hi all, I had a thought and I am not sure if it is stupid or doable, so here it is. Btw, I have not found anything about this specific idea in the forum yet and hope I´m doing everything correctly here. Otherwise, let me know please.

So, atm I play AC with CM on my laptop (i7, rtx3070ti, QHD) which I have attached to a monitor with FHD resolution. The monitor is bigger and can be positioned better than the laptop screen, of course, which is why I like to use it. However, this limits my AC to 1920x1080.
Would it somehow be possible to set AC to UHD on my FHD monitor, so that the picture still fits on the screen and additionally has a sharper resolution than before? I thought I could enhance the resolution by having the computer render in UHD and even if the monitor has less pixels, the picture would be just the decisive bit better. So far my idea.
But either the frame grows "out of" the screen and I only see a part of the picture or it is automatically reset to the original FHD despite me setting a custom resolution.
I have played around with the video / graphics settings in CM a lot and been trying out Nvidia scaling options, but it hasn´t led me to any useful solution so far.
I know, a new UHD monitor would be the easiest solution, but I don´t really want to spend so much money right now.
So, do you think this can be achieved? If so, how?

Input and experience is greatly appreciated, thanks a lot.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back