tyres_app_ext

Apps tyres_app_ext 4.8

Login or Register an account to download this content
Please Stop This submitted a new resource:

tyres_app_ext - CustomShadersPatch carcass/brake temps

Shows some CustomPhysics values from CustomShadersPatch, also works as normal tyre app on vanilla AC. Unpack to AC folder under steam. Brake temps only as option in ContentManager->Settings->Apps->"tyres_app_ext" (see down below) - and they are off by default! All other options also in game. Aero values are just displayed like AC spits them out. Todo: tune in Font colors, wait for CSP to report Max Tyre Temps in the future.
View attachment 531852
Here: Carcass temps in black...

Read more about this resource...

Very nice! However, I am having trouble seeing the Brake Temperatures at all. I have them enabled in the settings, but nothing. Is it car related? Is it CSP version related? (I used the RSS FH2021 v3). Would love to be able to know why it isn't showing up, as that is the main feature that caught my eye. :)

Last edited:
Very nice! However, I am having trouble seeing the Brake Temperatures at all. I have them enabled in the settings, but nothing. Is it car related? Is it CSP version related? (I used the RSS FH2021 v3). Would love to be able to know why it isn't showing up, as that is the main feature that caught my eye. :)
ye sorry, i edited this into the description after posting the app :(
1641877123676.png

edit: IER p13 has some

Last edited:
Amazing work.
Comment: Maybe I missed but it would be ideal to have the tyre pressure as a delta from ideal as well as the actual pressure
Question: I cannot figure out what the green lines (almost vertical) represent on the right side of right tyres and left side of left tyres. Would appreciate your input.
Thanks again, I've always thought we were missing such a thorough tool.

Amazing work.
Comment: Maybe I missed but it would be ideal to have the tyre pressure as a delta from ideal as well as the actual pressure
Question: I cannot figure out what the green lines (almost vertical) represent on the right side of right tyres and left side of left tyres. Would appreciate your input.
Thanks again, I've always thought we were missing such a thorough tool.
Ok, i might add an option for delta pressure.
Green vertical thing is camber, edit: i might have the unit and then display wrong...

Showing those extra values might get changed to make more visual sense.

Last edited:
Yep, exactly! Well, I thought so.
I noticed a strange feature with this indicator: it can change both up and down during the ride, which I find strange. Or has it always been like this with tyre wear in the AC?
Yes, tyres best condition is after some distance, not when completely fresh, you see when looking at some tyrewear-curve:

km|condition

0|99
0.18|100
9.0|100
16.2|99
19.8|98
36|95
(ferrari gto 250)

Last edited:
Please Stop This updated tyres_app_ext with a new update entry:

v1.2 - 25 jan 2022

-redone slip angle+ratio as circle+triangle, in red when braking, in blue when sliding from power
-TyreSlip and ndSlip as fading rectangles on the upper/lower edges of tyres
-Mz self aligning torque as small yellow triangles on the wheel centers, growing outward/inward

-with "more" enabled:
+front/rear RideHeight bars
+x/y gforces, in green
+cars x velocity as x, current CG height as y, in red
+cars angular velocity x/y, in blue
+Dy in gray->red besides each tire

-fixed pressure...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Please Stop This updated tyres_app_ext with a new update entry:

v1.5 - 3 feb 2022

-fixed pressure/wear color again
-fixed updating if tyres are changed
-fixed reading ideal pressure, if not found current is used (trigger live reading with "read curr" button)
-fixed wrong circle/triangle direction for left tyres (slipangle), made them more visible when all is red already
-bigger Dy display, values for rideheight (w/ "more" enabled)
-added pink circle that grows until FRICTION_LIMIT_ANGLE is reached
-improved min/max temp reading
-buttons hidden (faster) on session startup...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This newest update is strange to me. It does not seem to save my settings when I exit out of the game. Also it seems I have lost ideal temperature for tires as well as how far away from ideal I am on tire pressure.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.