Twitch app : what features do you want as a streamer/viewer?

7TV/BTTV support, transparency and resizability of the chat box, ability to hide the text input box, font size adjustability.
7tv emote support is mostly done : I've done channel emotes atm (300 remotes, maybe 600 now?). Just need to add the global ones which won't be hard.
Bttv will probably not happen as the api does exist but isn't documented and i feel 7tv is plenty. Maybe I'll look into it in the future but no promises).

Resizing is a done deal.

Will add an option to hide the chatbox+probably some dynamic fading or something.

Font size is fixed for now but i understand it's fairly important considering the different screens res/vr headsets people might use. I feel the current font size is decent for all and i will wait for feedback once the app comes out to see how important resizing really is.

Few more ideas/QoL things:

• Make !server !track commands static on the channel that you're logged in with, not the current joined chat. For ex. if I enter your channel, the commands will stop working on my own stream and I have to rejoin my chat every time. Not a big deal, just see no reason to make cmds fixed on
  • Save a few last joined channels, or allow to create a list of favorite channel which you can join with a single click. Personally it's a bit annoying having to reenter the full channel name every time, especially in VR
  • Improve scrolling. Its basically impossible to scroll slowly with vr controllers, maybe add an a feature where if your mouse cursor is on the top/bottom of the chat, slowly scroll up or down at a fixed speed.
Not sure how doable are these, but would be nice. Other than that it's been great :inlove:

Few more ideas/QoL things:

• Make !server !track commands static on the channel that you're logged in with, not the current joined chat. For ex. if I enter your channel, the commands will stop working on my own stream and I have to rejoin my chat every time. Not a big deal, just see no reason to make cmds fixed on
  • Save a few last joined channels, or allow to create a list of favorite channel which you can join with a single click. Personally it's a bit annoying having to reenter the full channel name every time, especially in VR
  • Improve scrolling. Its basically impossible to scroll slowly with vr controllers, maybe add an a feature where if your mouse cursor is on the top/bottom of the chat, slowly scroll up or down at a fixed speed.
Not sure how doable are these, but would be nice. Other than that it's been great :inlove:
For context: the app includes automated invite links. So if someone in twitch chat types "!server", the app replies with an invite link for the current server. Password sharing is optional and has to be enabled per server. With a check for admin privileges to avoid accidentally sharing admin passwords.
The !track commands currently gets track download URLs from a spreadsheet i maintain. I'm thinking of replacing this with local databases thet each streamer can maintain.
If no url is saved for the track, a link to a quick search based on the track name is showed instead.

I think I'll make it check if you're Live and connect automatically to your channel if so. (As an option)

A list of favorite channels is planned.
Ideally with a check of live channels.
Not a priority but will definitely add it.

Is scrolling still bad on vr controllers with scrolling staying fixed when you let go off the scrollbar?

Last edited:
bit of an update
acs_M2Of3t4cZW.png

gif bellow showcasing some features:

I know the name isn't changing on the top left, will fix :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back