Tracks Twin Ring Motegi [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean why the aggresiveness towards urd when mitja chose urd and not the other way around?
I don't get why that matters.
Their egt cars were declared finished like... AGES ago. and we all know their px cars will likely not get updated/in an abandoned state.
Yes, and I wish I knew that before purchasing.
So why the aggro here on an unrelated thread?
It stopped being unrelated once URD was mentioned.

giphy.gif

I never paid for a track mod before, so I have to see if that gets me interested enough to spend some money, but I agree that there is nothing shady going on here, URD made some quality mods in the past. And if @Mitja Bonca wants some money for his hard work that is more than fair

Edit: Well that was not true:roflmao:

Last edited:
I'd gladly pay for it, I just don't want to give URD money until my already purchased content is finally updated.
I think URD will just be the medium, because they already have the necessary means to perform the transactions. I think Mitja will still get most of, if not all the money for his track

@SunBro
The fact that Mitja supports URD doesn't mean his customers have to. URD's Bayro EGT utterly dissapointed me with its less than stellar 3D model, poorly optimized LODs, ok physics and lackluster sounds. The theme has continued in every subsequent release of theirs, while their competitors break new ground.

While Mitja's release is superior to regular URD releases, supporting him means supporting URD, and I don't support groups that do the bare minimum. So it would be good to know how big of a share they get for each purchase of the track, just as ltcars stated above.

Yeah, probably urd has the selling platform ready to use? like VRC does or some others. Sergio loro uses sellfy (or sth like that) and 90sgsp just use PayPal and manage the delivery manually afaik which is extra work
Its not the problem of having money on paypal, the problem is how to get it to you country and pay the tax for it. You need to have your own company, and that goes on and on... yes, if that would be a real deal, then I would go into this, but since I do this only for fun. I hope you get the point.

I can certainly understand this recent development. Two years of work--you should get something for it and all the attention to detail. While I think URD is okay (most of their mods have physics issues) I would gladly purchase it from Race Sim Studio. I think of all the modding groups, I have the highest respect for their work. Everything I've tested from them are the best mods I have. Of course $8-12 (US) is within a reasonable range for a quality track mod for AC.

Last edited:
Ok, here is the thing and I`ll say it simply. And this is how we decided:

The track will be released under the URD (United Racing Design) modding group, and will be a paid mod.
And since we haven`t been able to get any official license because it`s simply too pricey, we have to release it under a fictional name, including all names, commercial banners on track site as well. The track will is called Tochigi Racing Ring.
Final release will include 2 layouts, GP and oval.
Currently is still in the final optimization, specially for the use of Custom Shader Patch of Content Manager.
ps: all official banners and stuff will be released here on rd soon after release.

I know it comes as a surprise, but like many things in life.
It was already my intention to send to you a donation so my question are only: when, how and how much. Maybe I will even save some mony compared my doantion intention :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes