Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 2013 Season 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Top work snthenumbers. I no longer play 2012 as i have moved on to 2013 however i loved what you did with my 2012 game.Came here to say thanks whilst i remembered to.
It is unfortunate to hear that you will not be involved with the latest release. Your mods will be sorely missed in 2013.

Unless you buy the new version of course :) It is very cheap for the standard edition for PC.

Hello Snthennumbers, I would first like to congratulate you for the wonderful update that you realize, this is a work of high quality, the games is now a very high accuracy, so close to reality.
I want to ask you a question as you did for the database of 50%, how would you reflect the same tire wear mode for 25% race? do you need to double the values of tire_wear front and rear of the F1Teams table or double the wear_level of track_tire_wear_level table or both. I try to limit to one pit stop in the race with the same critical tire wear of your v1.4 database.
I noticed that the new rate of wear you added does not appear in the track_model table in the 50% database.
(Sorry for my bad English).
Thank you again for your time spent for achieving this fantastic Mod.:thumbsup:

Hello Snthennumbers, I would first like to congratulate you for the wonderful update that you realize, this is a work of high quality, the games is now a very high accuracy, so close to reality.
Glad you like it so much! Thanks!

I want to ask you a question as you did for the database of 50%, how would you reflect the same tire wear mode for 25% race? do you need to double the values of tire_wear front and rear of the F1Teams table or double the wear_level of track_tire_wear_level table or both. I try to limit to one pit stop in the race with the same critical tire wear of your v1.4 database.
I noticed that the new rate of wear you added does not appear in the track_model table in the 50% database.
Don't adjust the tyre wear rates in the f1teams table from what I've set them as...you'll just create a massive headache for yourself.
I'm not sure if 25% wear can be done because the game gets more and more picky as you set the max_distance values lower in the tyres table. But in theory what you would do is lower the max_distance values in the tyres table by some amount (it's not straight forward like you would expect. In other words, cutting the max_distance values in half for a 50% race does not give the expected results...so you'll need to play with these values a bit. Then you'll need to adjust the values in the track_tyre_wear_level table. Higher values mean the AI stays out longer (I don't think going higher than 0.99 is a good idea...1.0 and above seems to create some weird results...but I'm not 100% sure that you can not use values higher than 1.0, so again...play around with it.) You'll then probably need to adjust the track_model table > tyre_wear_level column as you test the wear values you've created to ensure the AI is pitting how you want them to pit for each track.

Next, the challenge is getting the max_distance values in the tyres table to play nicely with the wear values in the track_tyre_wear_level table. Then, once you finally have all of that worked out for quick races and have the AI pitting when you want them to pit, you'll probably need to make further adjustments to the max_distance values in the tyres table so that the pitstop strategy in Career mode is the same as in quick race mode - remember that wear rates in quick races are lower than they are in Career mode due to the cars in Career mode not being fully developed.

.......see why it took me so long to release version 1.4?

Nice Job with the 1.4! That's a long list of improvements. Quick question, can I apply 1.4 on top of 1.3 and continue with my career mode o do I need to start a new one so that the changes are in effect?

Hi snthennumbers, hope I'm not going to fall into to the 'not having read stuff' camp...(!) but having installed the 1.4 Mod on a vanilla F1 2012 install as per the instructions, the DRS will only work for me in the DRS race zones when I'm in Practice of Q1-Q3 for a GP weekend in career.
Any help will be much appreciated!

Hi snthennumbers, hope I'm not going to fall into to the 'not having read stuff' camp...(!) but having installed the 1.4 Mod on a vanilla F1 2012 install as per the instructions, the DRS will only work for me in the DRS race zones when I'm in Practice of Q1-Q3 for a GP weekend in career.

Thats how it was in 2013, and it's due to aagancia's DRS mod which is included with this mod. That's normal behavior.

Ah right, thanks for clearing it up - was going only by the standard intro blurb you listen to when going thru the young driver thingy at the start.
That said, I didn't realise they had introoduced that feature for the 2013 season. Must pay more attention on a Saturday and Sunday!

Yet another person who clearly hasn't read the overview page...I love singling you people out :)

The question that I asked is not in the overview page. I know the new update won't corrupt my profile but I just wanted to be sure that it will work with an on going career mode without any weird issues.

Btw really nice that you give me this "hasn't read overview page" crap when you know I have been closely following this mod and even offered my help with version 1.4...

The question that I asked is not in the overview page. I know the new update won't corrupt my profile but I just wanted to be sure that it will work with an on going career mode without any weird issues.

Btw really nice that you give me this "hasn't read overview page" crap when you know I have been closely following this mod and even offered my help with version 1.4...

There's nothing in the update that would cause any issues in an ongoing career. The only issue I can think of is if you did 5+ laps or so in Q3 and therefore had 5 laps of wear on your tyres for the race, installing 1.4 may make your tyres more worn for the race. Aside from that you're good to go.

Remember the alternate team mate mod will corrupt your profile if you use that

Hello snthenumbers ! just a question : can i just use your ai files in the 1.4 2013 mod if i still running your 2012 mod (v4) ? thanks

That's a question that should have been posted on that mod's discussion page...but sure, you can do that. You won't get the full effect of the competitiveness against the AI with just the ai files though, FYI

Dave Morgan said:

Thats how it was in 2013, and it's due to aagancia's DRS mod which is included with this mod. That's normal behavior.

hi
i just notice same issue with DRS like "Dave Morgan".
Usally in Practice and Q1-Q3 you can use DRS on all track NOT only in DRS zones.

Pls can we have some fix on DRS in Practice and Q1-Q3 to can be use on all track
or just way we can turn off that DRS mod.

THX for help

hi
i just notice same issue with DRS like "Dave Morgan".
Usally in Practice and Q1-Q3 you can use DRS on all track NOT only in DRS zones.

Pls can we have some fix on DRS in Practice and Q1-Q3 to can be use on all track
or just way we can turn off that DRS mod.

THX for help

...what part of my response to Dave Morgan didn't you understand? The FIA rules state in 2013 that you can only use DRS in the DRS zones. Period, end of discussion.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back