Triple Screen Support Coming to ACC!

Chris

Premium
FB_IMG_1571199787306.jpg
Earlier this morning, Aristotelis of Kunos Simulazioni teased an image of Assetto Corsa Competizione being displayed on three monitors.

For many racers, triple screen support is absolutely essential for racing. Without it, games will go completely untouched, unpurchased and left to collect dust on the virtual shelves of the Steam store. And it's completely understandable. Racing on triple screens is a totally different ball game to a single screen. Outside of Virtual Reality, it is the single most immersive way to play racing games currently.

However, with a single social media post from Kunos, they could see the inclusion of thousands of simracers who have been waiting eagerly for Assetto Corsa Competizione to become compatible with Triple Screen setups.

In what capacity it will be available at release remains to be seen as the cryptic post gave little away, other than support for triple screens and the interior of the newly (but not yet announced) McLaren 720S GT3. No release date, no word on how it will work with Unreal Engine. But... The most important thing is that it's coming.

Unreal Engine has been something of a limiting factor for the Italian studio as the engine does not natively support triple screen rendering. Meaning that to get it to work would require convoluted workarounds, often resulting in warped and skewed images on the side monitors.

However, with the hard work of Kunos, that looks set to be a thing of the past.

Will this development be the catalyst to get you to fire up ACC for the first time in months? Or to buy it in the first place if you haven't already? Let us know in the comments below.

If you like what we do here at RaceDepartment, follow us on Social Media for more great content and all the latest in the world of SimRacing!

It's a case of "seeing is believing" in more ways than one. If they can get it working then great stuff, and I'm certainly not going to complain. Everything that improves the title, can only be good for the community, right??

Looking good. I am thinking about buying ACC and have a triple screen setup. I'd be interested in hearing what the framerates are like if anyone else is running an rx580. I don't mind dialling down settings, if necessary.

My 2070 Super is getting almost maxxed out at 5925x1080p on Brands hotlapping with the Audi.

I do have my settings fairly high though so not surprising really.

Triple Screen setup is done from the view menu once you're in-game - you also need to set it on from the video menu too I think.

Pleasantly surprised at the performance in triple screen.

Set to high@5925x1080 and it's running mid 60's to 73 ( my fps cap for freesync ) with a 24 car grid at Brands. It does sit around mind 50's on the start grid though.

Anyway, much better performance than I was expecting.

Going by this : https://www.techpowerup.com/review/msi-geforce-rtx-2070-super-gaming-x/27.html

You can expect around 50-60% lower fps than my 2070 Super.

So you'd be looking at setting the in-game gfx to at least medium or low I'd expect.

I just tested at low & hit around 100fps with a 24 car grid at Nurburg in the dry.

My cpu was at 45-50% usage and the gpu was sitting at 50-60%.

And to be honest the game looked so ugly & blocky I would say it's not worth it.

AC, Raceroom & rF2 will look & run better than ACC on your 580 I'd expect.

Last edited:
Going by this : https://www.techpowerup.com/review/msi-geforce-rtx-2070-super-gaming-x/27.html

You can expect around 50-60% lower fps than my 2070 Super.

So you'd be looking at setting the in-game gfx to at least medium or low I'd expect.

I just tested at low & hit around 100fps with a 24 car grid a Nurburg in the dry.

My cpu was at 45-50% usage and the gpu was sitting at 50-60%.

And to be honest the game looked so ugly & blocky I would say it's not worth it.

AC, Raceroom & rF2 will look & run better than ACC on your 580 I'd expect.

Thanks for checking that out for me. I don't mind knocking settings down, if necessary. :)

Looking good. I am thinking about buying ACC and have a triple screen setup. I'd be interested in hearing what the framerates are like if anyone else is running an rx580. I don't mind dialling down settings, if necessary.
I have a GTX 1080 | i7 7700k | 32gb Ram and the FPS are good using 1080p resolution.
I play almost everything in EPIC except the texture quality and reflections i set on High. I block my FPS to 59 to match my 60hz IPS Screens.

I have a GTX 1080 | i7 7700k | 32gb Ram and the FPS are good using 1080p resolution.
I play almost everything in EPIC except the texture quality and reflections i set on High. I block my FPS to 59 to match my 60hz IPS Screens.
Can you share your graphic settings? Jumped around AMS,R3E then ACC, and found it too cartoonish. Need to adjust as I came from Rift, and now set up my triples.

Hey guys,
I’m running 3 x 2k 32” 144hz monitors.
7780 x 1440 total
Is there a guide or link for the best/optimal NVIDIA settings and also ACC settings along with anything else which will maximise triple screen support?

I’m struggling to get my FPS over 60 consistently and smooth with quite a few setting turned down.Currently running a lot of things on High with a few things like mirrors etc on Med.

My system :
Ryzen 2700x
Asus Prime x470 Pro mobo
Asus RoGro Strix 2070 OC Gaming GPU

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%