Triple Monitor (same model/brand) not showing 144hz in NVIDIA Surround

Hello everyone! Hello admin! permission to post here and feel free to move it where it should be.

I'm new to triple screen setup and recently experience this issue. I will try to give detailed information so you can check it better.

What I'm trying to achieved?

I want to use NVIDIA Surround for my Triple Monitor setup MSI OPTIX G241 24 inches 144hz 1080p (All monitors are same model/brand) and be able to use all monitor all together running in 144hz.

What are my PC and Monitor Specs?

Motherboard:
MSI MAG Tomahawk B550
CPU: RYZEN 5 3600
GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 3060 12GB (2x Display Ports | 2x HMDI Ports)
RAM: 32GB

What are my Monitor Specs?

3 x MSI OPTIX G241 24 inches 144hz 1080p

How my Monitors connected to my GPU?

2x Display ports/Cables (Monitor 1 and Monitor 2) both running on 143.855hz Freesync ON
MSI2.jpg
MSI1.jpg

1x HDMI Cable running on 144.013 Freesync ON

MSI3.jpg

What is my current issue?

When I tried to setup NVIDIA Surround I'm only able to use 60hz refresh rates even all of my monitors are using 144hz. See NVIDIA Control panel screenshots below
nvidia1.jpg
nvidia2.jpg
nvidia3.jpg

surround.jpg

Then I tried to enable only 2 of my monitors using Display ports I was able to use the 144hz.

surround2x1.jpg

What is my initial finding?

I'm thinking maybe it is because I'm using 1x HDMI to the 3rd monitor and the refresh rates are not totally the same with the 2 other monitors that are using Display ports. Even the 3 monitors are showing 143.855 and 144.013 hertz. Switching to 3rd display port is not an option to me since my GPU only have 2 DP. I really need help on this one. I don't want to but HDMI to DP adaptor and waste money again if this is not the proper solution. Right now I don't know if my cable is HDMI 2.0 or 2.1 but its from Promate that can run 4K. Maybe changing the refreshrate of my 3rd monitor manually using software will do? Even the 3 monitos should have the same specs. I'm really out of idea here and really frustrated.

I also did some research about it but nothing came up with a proper solution. I'm hoping someone can help me with this issue and be able to use all of my monitors with nvidia surround.

Thank you everyone!

Attachments

• nvidia2.jpg
    nvidia2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 1695783357615.jpeg
    1695783357615.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

i. Important: Nvidia Surround allows for combining displays which are not identical (eg in size or available resolutions or output protocol). When mixing different display types the display driver maintains image synchronization between displays (This synchronization prevents common issues like image tearing or out of sync frames across the displays). However, this synchronization requirement can lead to the driver disincluding certain resolutions and refresh rates. To guarantee that all available resolutions and refresh rates on a particular display be available in Surround it is necessary to use identical displays and connect them to the gpu with identical output protocol.
I'm sorry to say this, but your graphics cars is not compatible. You need one with 3 x DP.

However it is possible to not use NV surround
although I have no experience on how good that works.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back