Trigger warning... moderate Fanatec rant incoming...worth reading, IMO...

Throughout my working career I have been in sales, customer service, and management with companies such as IBM. So, I know what it's like when one's company is extremely busy trying to keep up with an unusual volume of new orders. As a result, situations with customers often aren't always attended to as quickly as they should be. With that said, when business is good (and it is good now with sim racing component manufacturers), companies also have to 'walk the walk", not just "talk the talk" when it comes to dealing with returns and complaints.

My timeline with Endor/Fanatec, to this point on July 25th, 2020:

* June 8th... Ordered & paid for sim components on their website
* July 17th... Received components (Fedex)
* July 21st... 7:30am-EST, sent cancellation email to their website
* July 23rd... 10:00am-EST, called USA Endor #, "There is no one available now to take your
call" and "The voice message box is full..." So, could not leave message.
* July 23rd... A bit later, I texted their Cust Service #, giving them all info they needed
to send me a return authorization # so I could send the boxes back.
* July 24th... Called & left message in 'reception' box with all info. No contact from Fanatec.
* July 25th... This morning 8:00am-EST, sent registered, second day letter with all info.
* July 25th... Left another message w/ all details again at their website.

Now, you might be thinking... "Well, it's only been 4 days since you initially contacted them about wanting to return the components...give them a chance."

But, here's the critical difference.... On their website, it is stated we have only 14 days to cancel/return components ordered. From July 17th (when I received the order), 14 days gets me to July 31st as the drop-dead date.... Seven days have already past now..... I don't want to start thinking they are trying to burn the time I have to return the order. I'll assume they just don't have enough folks handling returns/complaints.

Yesterday, I did some research on the California Better Business Bureau website (a formal consumer protection site). There was a concerning number of Fanatec/Endor issues like mine listed there. I hope I don't have to contact them(BBB). Hope to hear from Fanatec Monday/Tuesday at the latest.

Last edited:
Andrew... thx for link. I contacted the guy for more info... I couldn't tell how old those posts were. Are they current?

Just an FYI...I have purchased an F-GT cockpit from Next Level Racing at a store near me. I reached out to Next Level Racing with some questions. I sent 3 emails, and had responses within hours, and this was during Covid-19. Much better than Fanatec, however, I am glad they got back with you. I am still waiting on them, but not holding my breath.

@Andrew_WOT first link looks really nice. On the NLR stand here is another review from Barry. He is very thorough.

Upvote 0
Yes, I'm now considering this Next Level Racing Wheel Stand. Forget the basement as a destination for sim car racing for me.

I'm trying to figure out moving around a few small pieces of furniture so I'd have a spot for it in the computer room when not using it at my computer desk. I think the specs are L25"xW22"xH28"... not positive. If it's that narrow I can prob fit it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dimensions :L26xW21XH29 available at B&H Photo ($299 - Free Shipping) + your state TAX

Cheaper than returning.....upgrade rig later, when you have the time / space

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Actually Barry was not so enthusiastic about it in the video above and suggested to go for sim-lab Evo instead, seems like space used (with chair) will be about the same.

Upvote 0
Dimensions :L26xW21XH29 available at B&H Photo ($299 - Free Shipping) + your state TAX

Cheaper than returning.....upgrade rig later, when you have the time / space

Jim... There's shipping box dimensions and assembled rig dimensions.... Here's what I'm seeing as assembled size of NL Stand> 31"x34"x25.

The key for it to fit in this room, when not using it and away from my desk, is the width.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All I can find is the GT1 Evo... that's designed for a seat, which I don't want. A rig that has the length for a sim seat is too long for the computer room (could not then store it aside here).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Specifications:
  • Supported Height – 120 – 210 cm or 4ft – 6ft 9 inches
  • Product Dimensions – L 66 x W 54 x H 74cm or 26 x 21 x 29 inches
  • Product Weight – 20 kg or 44 lbs
  • Boxed Dimensions – 59 x 14 x 76cm or 23 x 5 x 29 inches
  • Boxed Weight – 24kg or 52 lbs
  • Part Number – NLR-S013
P.S. Early on I used Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe v2 to mount CSWB v2 w/ CSP v3 worked out well for what is was (they did not have CS SQ mount at the time but I do not think would work out - not rigid enough IMHO ) I also use to fold it up to set it aside. Used soft rubber furniture leg coasters under chair wheels to help keep it from moving around (hardwood floor). Also at that time the Brake performance kit did not exist so the brake pedal could be kept light. You can fabricate your own CSP v3 mounting straps from steel plate stock and utilizing 1/4 in. x 12 mm Nut Connecting Cap w/ 1/4in machine bolts all found at Homedepot ( I did).

For what you are trying to do with your current space limitations ... it is all a compromise right now. Hey, I started out with Logitech Momo Force clamped to the desk, with the "standard Momo force pedals with a tennis ball mod under the brake pedal resting under the desk on tilted piece wood base to try to get away from "Bus Stomper Effect" and GPL shifter mounted to the desk with a clamp. All removable (15 minutes set up time before I could race GPL).

I watch Barry's video reviews also because they are thorough and tough. But he also has quite a bit financial equity and freedom to throw around. Plus I think he is used to finer things in toys .... if I remember the your idea was to have some fun and relaxation by getting back into simracing. So try not over analyze it too much, get something decent for your money and just enjoy ..... it can be as cheap or expensive as you want .... there will always be someone, something bigger, better, you name it . Enuff from me tonight ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Several weeks ago when I bought my new computer chair I replaced the stock wheels with lockable casters. I think that will keep the chair stable when braking. If not, then I'll get those straps from Home Depot to hold chair & wheel stand together.

Upvote 0
Actually Barry was not so enthusiastic about it in the video above and suggested to go for sim-lab Evo instead, seems like space used (with chair) will be about the same.

Missed this post somehow...

The key for me is when not sim racing, I am using my PC much of my time.

So, I have to get the sim racing gear away from my computer desk and place it somewhere else in the room. My prior thought was the typical desk mount of the WB & rim. But the moving of it out of the way was a complete PITA, and the setup positioning was far from ideal.

So now, I'm moving furniture around, hoping to create enough space for the NL WB stand to sit to the side of my desk when not in use, yet not be obtrusive enough to aggravate the powers that be..............

Life is a negotiation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Actually Barry is not too enthusiastic about any product unless it fully meets his standards or is perfect in all respects :whistling:
Doesn't mean the product might not work for you :coffee:
Everyone's situation is different ;)

Upvote 0
Actually Barry is not too enthusiastic about any product unless it fully meets his standards or is perfect in all respects :whistling:
Good point. He has access to all the great stuff that mere mortals don't always have access to. I love his reviews, but you do have to keep in mind what he is coming from compared to what we may be coming from.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I've got an impression that he is always 99% positive about everything he reviews, providing just facts and observations leaving the final analysis and conclusions to the viewer.
Never seen him stating "this product is bad", but you need to read between the lines.

Upvote 0
Just a thougt:

if you have tight space restraints, why not measure up and do a sketch of the space you can use?

Then sketch a wheelstand that meets your requirements and use one of the online configurators
to design your own. I have read about at least one aluminium extrusion shop that does have a configurator and will calculate your partslist. (Could someone please insert the webadress here :thumbsup:)

Then you can meet all your requirements and add a profil with a clamp so that you can fix your chair to it.

Build right it will stow away in the space you can afford with unscrewing everythin every time.

Make it extra sturdy so can build it into a complete simrig when "finding the space";)

Just try it, its not rocket science nor open heart surgery.

MFG Carsten

Edith.

must have seen earlier this year when searching for ideas for my own rig
(which i build from used profiles a friend gave me)

Something like that could be built to fit under or around your desk, if necessary it could even be made foldable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just a thougt:

if you have tight space restraints, why not measure up and do a sketch of the space you can use?

Then sketch a wheelstand that meets your requirements and use one of the online configurators
to design your own. I have read about at least one aluminium extrusion shop that does have a configurator and will calculate your partslist. (Could someone please insert the webadress here :thumbsup:)

Then you can meet all your requirements and add a profil with a clamp so that you can fix your chair to it.

Build right it will stow away in the space you can afford with unscrewing everythin every time.

Make it extra sturdy so can build it into a complete simrig when "finding the space";)

MFG Carsten

Edith.

Something like that could be built to fit under or around your desk, if necessary it could even be made foldable.

Cool web site. Like the way the rig attaches to one's computer chair.

Upvote 0
Just a thougt:

MFG Carsten

Edith.

Nice idea for a starting design on securing chair for lateral movement, just need a way too lock in swivel. I would not spend the money for plans but like you said design your to fit your exact situation :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Upvote 0
Just a thougt:

MFG Carsten

Edith.

Carsten...ok, I give up..... Who's Edith?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back