Trigger warning... moderate Fanatec rant incoming...worth reading, IMO...

Throughout my working career I have been in sales, customer service, and management with companies such as IBM. So, I know what it's like when one's company is extremely busy trying to keep up with an unusual volume of new orders. As a result, situations with customers often aren't always attended to as quickly as they should be. With that said, when business is good (and it is good now with sim racing component manufacturers), companies also have to 'walk the walk", not just "talk the talk" when it comes to dealing with returns and complaints.

My timeline with Endor/Fanatec, to this point on July 25th, 2020:

* June 8th... Ordered & paid for sim components on their website
* July 17th... Received components (Fedex)
* July 21st... 7:30am-EST, sent cancellation email to their website
* July 23rd... 10:00am-EST, called USA Endor #, "There is no one available now to take your
call" and "The voice message box is full..." So, could not leave message.
* July 23rd... A bit later, I texted their Cust Service #, giving them all info they needed
to send me a return authorization # so I could send the boxes back.
* July 24th... Called & left message in 'reception' box with all info. No contact from Fanatec.
* July 25th... This morning 8:00am-EST, sent registered, second day letter with all info.
* July 25th... Left another message w/ all details again at their website.

Now, you might be thinking... "Well, it's only been 4 days since you initially contacted them about wanting to return the components...give them a chance."

But, here's the critical difference.... On their website, it is stated we have only 14 days to cancel/return components ordered. From July 17th (when I received the order), 14 days gets me to July 31st as the drop-dead date.... Seven days have already past now..... I don't want to start thinking they are trying to burn the time I have to return the order. I'll assume they just don't have enough folks handling returns/complaints.

Yesterday, I did some research on the California Better Business Bureau website (a formal consumer protection site). There was a concerning number of Fanatec/Endor issues like mine listed there. I hope I don't have to contact them(BBB). Hope to hear from Fanatec Monday/Tuesday at the latest.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years