TreeFX for Nordschleife - 3D Trees

Tracks TreeFX for Nordschleife - 3D Trees 1.51

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey,
very new here, I'm having issues installing. When I drag the file into CM, it says "nothing found" and "couldn't detect any content to install here". What am I doing wrong?

thanks in advance
You have to drag it into your Assetto Corsa installation folder not on the CM.

Nice mod but this really ruins my frames. I am using this along with the 4k texture mod. Not sure what's causing the frames to drop. I have a pretty decent system too. i9-10900k, 3090 RTX, 64GB Ram. Anyone else facing similar issues?

Also how to uninstall the mod and revert back to stock?

For sure, just extract the extension folder. additionally if you have other edits from different mods to your ext config file. You can just open this one and paste its contents into your existing one with the trees folder as well and it will work.

What exactly do I need to add to the ext.cfg file for those of us who are using technoracer's 4k/8k texture mod?

Nice mod but this really ruins my frames. I am using this along with the 4k texture mod. Not sure what's causing the frames to drop. I have a pretty decent system too. i9-10900k, 3090 RTX, 64GB Ram. Anyone else facing similar issues?

Also how to uninstall the mod and revert back to stock?
Everyone is facing the same framerate loss. Going from a simple 12 tris per tree mesh to a detailed 10,000 tris or so… do the math.

Delete extension folder inside the track to remove mod

What exactly do I need to add to the ext.cfg file for those of us who are using technoracer's 4k/8k texture mod?
Nothing, as far as I know the Technoracer's mod is only the textures and they are stored under the skins. Unless he introduced new ext_config file modifications that I'm unaware of.

If you are using the pyyer additions to the track you need to add this to your ext_config.ini :
[INCLUDE: ext_config-pyyer-nordshleife.ini]
ACTIVE = 1

If you have other modifications to your ext_config file and you only want to get rid of trees, deleted the [TREES] and the lines below it as well as [MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...] and lines below it.

If you don't have any other mods, deleting the extension folder will do the trick as John mentioned.

Does technoracerx's 4k/8k texture mod include his own trees? If so that could be why I'm getting such bad performance.
I don't think so, but the 8k textures themselves will be heavy on the computer, in addition to the 3d trees you will need a good computer to run both.

Well I think my system should be capable of handling it. I have an i9-10900k, with a RTX 3090 and 64GB of RAM. I was running technoracer's 4k textures along with the 17000 trees version. As soon as I took the tree mod out, my performance came back to normal. Even with the 8k textures my fps was flawless. So it definitely was the tree mod that caused a performance drop in my case.

@imgame
having this issue in vr where on the outer edges of the lens displays the trees dissapear and only visible through the center of the display. this only happens when the 3d trees have been installed. any idea on how to fix this? or is it supposed to be like that?

Last edited:
@imgame
having this issue in vr where on the outer edges of the lens displays the trees dissapear and only visible through the center of the display. this only happens when the 3d trees have been installed. any idea on how to fix this? or is it supposed to be like that?
This is due to Fixed foveated rendering. There are two possible fixes, 1. increase the resolution of the headset at the edges or disable it. 2. In some cases, if you disable FSR (AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution in Graphic adjustments) it can also help with transparent trees.

Last edited:
This mod was recommended to me by a fellow hotlapper and when I saw it I had to have it!

I have a problem though - The trees look funky.

Not quite sure what could be causing them to look like this. I have everything basically maxed out (okay probably not cause there's so many settings). Any ideas as to how I can fix this?

I'm on CSP 0.1.79 Shader patch 2144 and Sol forgot which version. Let me know if you have any questions so I can help

Attachments

• trees1.JPG
    trees1.JPG
    285.4 KB · Views: 66
This mod was recommended to me by a fellow hotlapper and when I saw it I had to have it!

I have a problem though - The trees look funky.

Not quite sure what could be causing them to look like this. I have everything basically maxed out (okay probably not cause there's so many settings). Any ideas as to how I can fix this?

I'm on CSP 0.1.79 Shader patch 2144 and Sol forgot which version. Let me know if you have any questions so I can help
Hey, from the screenshot I can't tell what is wrong with the trees. I only added the trees for the industry standard one, not for the tourist part. So let me know if there is problems with the trees on the actual track. Additionally, I added some color corrections to some leftover 2d trees, it might be that what is bothering you. You can just delete anything that is in the folder tracks/ks_nordschleife/skins/default and it will remove the color corrections of the old 2d trees.

I have a problem installing the files. I have Sol 2.2.9 and CSP 0.1.79. I place the files in the indicated folder, and when I open the game, the trees become almost transparent and I see very few trees. What should I do?

Attachments

• Screenshot_8.png
    Screenshot_8.png
    173.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_9.png
    Screenshot_9.png
    118.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_3-min.png
    Screenshot_3-min.png
    593.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_2-min.png
    Screenshot_2-min.png