Track VS Track: Imola versus Mugello

Mugello for me. I like them both but Imola is a bit tighter; IMO in race, you have to wait (or provoke) a mistake while Mugello allows to choose differents lines to overtake, leading to hotter and more open battles.

Mugello all the way for me, I like Imola as well and have probably played more versions than anyone else as I have the AMS pack AND have the Bike version with the start/finish chicane in Ride 2. Imola is (as someone mentioned) too stop/starty...which is a problem with alot of car (primarily F1) tracks. I'm a biker at heart so sweepers are my thing, fast esses beat slow chicane any day of the week.

I don't like the modern Imola because of one very annoying part ..... "Variante Alta". I hate this chicane. Therefore Mugello gets my vote.
But otherwise, i love driving the historical Imola '72 in Automobilista. It's a blast with the Formula Retro.:cool:

Imola was the first track I ever took a spin around in Assetto Corsa, and to date, almost no circuit is as rewarding. I remember when Assetto Corsa was updating, whenever they'd release a new track, I'd pit it against Imola :laugh:

For the past couple of years, I've watched nearly all 24H Series 4+8H races at Imola, all enjoyable. Still one of the narrowest most beautiful tracks around. Like a good supermodel, she stays thin :geek::sneaky:

I don't like the modern Imola because of one very annoying part ..... "Variante Alta". I hate this chicane. Therefore Mugello gets my vote.
But otherwise, i love driving the historical Imola '72 in Automobilista. It's a blast with the Formula Retro.:cool:

Variante Alta indeed is the most annoying chicane in racing, just the chicane at Spa before start-finish is more rubbish. Imola ’72 is a great great track. :thumbsup: Fast and flowing.

Imola for me. But it holds sad memories from my favorite era of F1. Where my F1 hero died.
Imola is a classic F1 track. I enjoy sim racing on on it. But I also love Mugello. Beautiful flowing track. It's really good in AC and RRE. And I have doen a Bike track day there and it was sublime.

Imola is not a bad track but it has some annoying features. While the faster chicanes are not horrible there are quite a few of them. Variante alta is just horrible corner. I remember hating that corner all the way back in f1 2001. The section that follows from variante alta is great though. That fast sweeper into the last 2 corners is really hard to get right in cars with less downforce and longer braking distances. And acque minerali is one of the most underrated corners in the world imho. Imola is great track for cars without traction control. Getting all those chicanes right requires good car control and you need to be aware when to get back on throttle. Too soon and you get power oversteer. Too late and you lose time.

Mugello is a hidden masterpiece. I had never driven it before in forza 3 or 4. It was just great and it is still not seen enough in sims. Once I learned the layout it was so much fun to just keep pushing harder and deeper into the corners. The arrabiatas are just great challenge. In F40 those corners are just absolute bliss but scale up well up to f1 cars. Even the slowest corners are fun because they connect nicely to the next ones and you get nice rotation so they are not understeer corners. And for online racing the really long straight gives really good slipstreaming.

Out of the two mugello is more fun. Imola is greater than the sum of its parts but mugello has better parts and no really annoying corners.

Mugello is one favorite tracks, modern Imola is one of my least favoured track. I hope F1 stays away from Mugello, F1 has ruined so many tracks over the last ten to fifteen years. Micky Mouse chicanes ruins proper racing. These types of chicane causes spread out races. You only have to watch MotoGP to prove this. it's always much closer races on fast flowing tracks such as Mugello, Philip Island and others of this type. I think F1 one could be much improved with this approach and bring back some of it's lost fans.

I guess for more variety Mugello, but just coming back from visiting Monza last week, I don't really think either of the tracks offers anything close to Monza.
Now that I've been there seeing all the little details in the track in AC makes it all the more real. I walked all over the place seeing even parts of the older track, and its really amazing whats there.
I saw parts of Imola as well and being there just wasn't the same as Monza. Theres a place I won't soon forget.

Does anyone in the world love Variante Alta ? :D
It is tricky and you can never really master it but after a while (and while and while...) you learn how to like it. Almost ...love it. :geek:
Call me crazy but I do like the chicanes. Guess the game from my avatar made me chicane-crazy dude. And that game was oh so full of them. @@

Does anyone in the world love Variante Alta ? :D
It is tricky and you can never really master it but after a while (and while and while...) you learn how to like it. Almost ...love it. :geek:
Call me crazy but I do like the chicanes. Guess the game from my avatar made me chicane-crazy dude. And that game was oh so full of them. @@

Agreed, Variante Alta is a massive pain the butt. If those damned curbs weren't so pronounced, it'd be a lot easier!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back