Track VS Track: Imola versus Mugello

Mugello gets my vote. Love the long, sweeping turns and big elevation changes. I like imola but Mugello holds a special place in my heart.

Both are great. Maybe I like a little bit more Mugello for the beautiful chained fast corners in sector 2. On the other hand Imola is more technical.

Mugello for me. Great flow and driving cadence without being broken up by chicanes. Imola pre- Variante Tamburello, Variante Villeneuve and it would definitely be a tougher choice.

Mugello: Sector 1 is a tighter, off camber but less sweeping Suzuka S curves. Sector 2 has that up hill double apex right handed with a blind exit... not many tracks with something like that. Sector 3 has a couple flat chicanes, but another two long hairpins with multiple approaches and exits. Plus a crazy straight for intense drafting.

Hands down, Imola by far for me. I now know that track so well, I can take any car there and be competitive. It took time to tame it, but once you know Imola like the back of your hand, you can get very aggressive and squeeze the most from whatever you are driving. It can quickly bite you however if you get too confident. Since I spend more time in Project Cars, I haven't racked up that many miles on Mugello.

Imola by far.
Enzo Ferrari used to call Imola "the little Nürburgring" (obviously referring to the Nordschleife). And even in the current configuration Imola is to me a much more challenging track than Mugello, both for the corner design and for the need to ride those kerbs.
At Imola putting together a clean lap is the exception, not the rule.
Mugello is a very fast track with nice elevation changes, but honestly I cannot remember any scary corner.

Mugello was the first scratch made track that our team has created for nKPRO. For all of us at RSR has a very special meaning. It was our very first adventure, and a lot of other nice things came afterwards. That was our first testing ground. We learned a lot from it. Good old days.
Funny that the competition is againt Imola, our second scratch made for nKPRO. For this track @Mauro Delegà , the author of the track, had the possibility to inspect the track, take pictures on site.
I love to drive in both tracks, but without any doubts, for me Mugello is "the one".

Imola by far.
Enzo Ferrari used to call Imola "the little Nürburgring" (obviously referring to the Nordschleife). And even in the current configuration Imola is to me a much more challenging track than Mugello, both for the corner design and for the need to ride those kerbs...
I remember Jenson Button statement from the beggining of his career.
He was at Williams BMW that year and Berger was there too. It goes something like this
"Gerhard Berger told me how important is here (in Imola) to use kerbs as much as you can, if you want to go fast".
Now you remind me of it.
Either you also know about that statement or you really have that racing instinct. :geek:

Last edited:
Mugello all the time, best italian track imo.
If it was the old layout of Imola it would be a close race but the new layout is not as good. Still better than most Tilke tracks though.

Imola, it has a mixup of turns with different approaches. Mugello is great too, but the same feel to many of the sweeping turns. Guess that's because of MotoGP.

Imola by big margin. There is some tracks which I've never liked, Silverstone, Mugello, Vallelunga etc. Driving on ie those tracks always feel forced, they are not tracks which I would drive just for fun.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 24 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 8 6.1%