Track Map Display (Extended)

Apps Track Map Display (Extended) 4.7.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
fantastic job for making it to lua, but I have 2 problems now
1. After pinning the app, I can't unpin it and can't access the settings
2. Is there anyway to make the size of the app bigger, because I don't seem to find 1 in settings
How do you even pin it? I didn't think that is possible for a lua app.

In the bottom right of the app, there is a small grey triangle, it's not too easy to see (in the mini map it might not even be visible, as there is a render bug with the circular fade, but it's still working), but you can just click that and resize it by dragging, like a window in windows. You can use all the other edges as well to resize in use direction.

It's also visible in the youtube video in this section

Last edited:
To make the map bigger click then use the zoom button in the top left corner of the map.
These buttons should no longer exist in 4.0. if you still see them, you're still using rhe old python version. The spp will not be automically replaced, you will have to delete the old python one manually or at least activate the new one in game

How do you even pin it? I didn't think that is possible for a lua app.

In the bottom right of the app, there is a small grey triangle, it's not too easy to see (in the mini map it might not even be visible, as there is a render bug with the circular fade, but it's still working), but you can just click that and resize it by dragging, like a window in windows. You can use all the other edges as well to resize in use direction.

It's also visible in the youtube video in this section
You can by right clicking the upper part of the app, and there's pin options

once you have pinned the application you cannot remove it and it also blocks the access to the option
You can by right clicking the upper part of the app, and there's pin options
Ok I could reproduce this now. I'm still not sure what causes this. For now I'd suggest that you manually reset the "pinning" by removing the MapDisplay entries in Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\state\imgui.ini and do not pin it again for now, to not cause the same issue again.
I'll have a look into it and see if I can find the cause.

Last edited:
This seems to be a bug in the CSP Lua app implementation that occurs if you have no text content visible. I've now added a blank text element and that fixes the issue. Will upload the patched app soon

This will be due to that particular servers rules/setup.
I don't think so because it works well with the python version of map display

image.png

Last edited:
I don't think so because it works well with the python version of map display

image.png
Thanks for sharing and especially for the screenshot, i'll look into it. Seems like the json of the specific ferrari is invalid for some reason. I guess that f1 2004 ferrari is a mod? If so, do you maybe have a download link to that?

Or could you maybe share with me only the file content/cars/<GrandPrix f1 ferrari 2004>/ui/ui_car.json if that's a pay mod?

Last edited:
Thanks for the new LUA version, it is fooking awesome!

Is there a way to adjust the very big margin the map have around the track image since I like to put the track map in bottom right corner but I have to move the whole app window quite a bit outside the screen area and then can't click on the gear icon?

Thanks for the new LUA version, it is fooking awesome!

Is there a way to adjust the very big margin the map have around the track image since I like to put the track map in bottom right corner but I have to move the whole app window quite a bit outside the screen area and then can't click on the gear icon?
Currently theres no way, since (including the possible image rotation) a circle withing the app is fully usable. You can see in the debug tab with the lines how the space is used.

I could include some "zoom", but some maps might be cut off then if you use rotations. Or just a "disable rotations" mode, to simply use the full size for all maps. But it's currently explicitly build like this, so that all maps have the same line widths and you have all options without any different "zooms"

Last edited:
Hi, found an issue that prevents class-based coloring from working in the full track display. Nothing is shown under the Classes tab and when that tab is selected all the tabs to the right of it disappear, but they reappear when I click on another tab. Mini works fine and all the other functions of Full seem to work fine (including static coloring and position coloring.) CSP 0.1.79 installed and running, tried reinstalling manually.
error.jpg

Hi, found an issue that prevents class-based coloring from working in the full track display. Nothing is shown under the Classes tab and when that tab is selected all the tabs to the right of it disappear, but they reappear when I click on another tab. Mini works fine and all the other functions of Full seem to work fine (including static coloring and position coloring.) CSP 0.1.79 installed and running, tried reinstalling manually.View attachment 663587
Thanks for reporting!

Can you recall how the problem originally occured, was it something like using the copy/paste or were you even using the config when it started failing?

And could you send me the stored config, so the file "Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\state\lua\app\map_display.ini"?
The error visible in the red text block is not directly causing the empty config, so it might be a bit more complex

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 463 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 283 42.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 305 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 179 27.1%
Back