Track Designing Competition

Funny Story, I had a diagram all setup and I put a link to that, but I accidentally copied your link instead of mine :p. Not knowing what to do, I just erased it and quickly tried to think up something else to put in the post.

What I was trying to say before: My limits might sound a little vague, so to help those out that do not understand, you can pretty much build any where within the blue line (course) except for the water and golf course: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com?r=6231082

Well done Milos!

Sorry to keep adding things, but these thoughts just occurred to me: Please designate where the start/finish line is too. Pit in and exit is not that much of a concern because this place is so wide and has so much room I will not ask anyone to include it.

My limits might sound a little vague, so to help those out that do not understand, you can pretty much build any where within the blue line (course) except for the water and golf course: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com?r=6231082
Nelson, I'm not so sure the military base area would take too kindly to having a racecourse set up in it. :p
Too bad about the 6.5 km limit. There's just SO MUCH that could be done here! .. It could be the Nurburgring of Hawaii -- aside from being totally flat of course .. and not covered in greenery. ;)

My first attempt is already almost double the maximum length. <sigh> oh well :roflmao:

Oops, I must not have been paying attention there :redface:.

But yes, I tried to make a course containing nearly everything, and I thought it was too absurdly long for a WTCC and IndyCar track. I chose 6.5 because that is about as long as Road America which IndyCar is thinking of racing at next year which would make it the longest (I think) track they visit.

Maybe if I am a winner in the next few weeks, we can go to Chicago or Atlanta airports with a 25 km limit :D

Really? IndyCar might be coming to Wisconsin? Too cool!! I've been to Road America with Boy Scouts oh so many many years ago. It's one of my all-time favorite tracks. :D

From what I recall reading, they want to race the same weekend as the United Sportscar Series.

So it has to be on the Airport? Surely that would stop anyone from coming into the island, so why bother hosting the race?

I wanna do a Street Circuit in Honolulu, the streets are better suited to being a track than the airport.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6231201

No one ever said it had to be realistic :cautious:! The scenario calls for the airport, not the streets. Sorry Jimlaad.

6.5km is too short. I want to use the road on the bridge, but even the shortest route is over 8km, and anything else that is interesting is too far apart.

6.5km is too short. I want to use the road on the bridge, but even the shortest route is over 8km, and anything else that is interesting is too far apart.

I am truly sorry, but the competition has already started, and I have come up with the scenario. I am not too keen to change the limit seeing as it as already started and doing so seems abrupt and inconsistent. The next time I win we will most likely go to Chicago airport with a 25-30 km limit so you can look forward to that. Why not try something like Kedy or Milos? :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.