rF2 Touring Masters @ Oulton Park - Wednesday November 10th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Well well well.. Waay off pace during qualify ;). Didn't really expect much either as I haven't driven for over a year. Then my GPU crashed with 10 minutes left of the race :(. Gonna fix it and will be back next time!

Thanx to everyone involved at RD for organizing this event. Love the RD races :)

Chris ,I hit you in the back as you seemed to slow going up and under the bridge. Unavoidable contact as it was an accelerating zone and you just slowed?

got hit a few times by errant cars and severe damage but kept going.

Ryan, we need a patch... loool

i was able to make the same time with Soft/Medium and Hard and with 85L fuel... :)
the tires wear is good i think(maybe Hard tires stay to long good??), i have only a bit more of 10%(on XD)tire wear after 45min and can stay in a good pace(max 1sec slower)

thx to all for fun racing and for organisation!! ;)

Similar tyre results as Greg for me in the Holden with hard tyres,i used half a green bar of wear on all 4 tyres over the 45mins with 90L in the tank,the thing could have raced all night on those boots :D.
Done some softs and meds running in practice and ofcourse qually softs but dont have much in the way of wear feedback on them,but i found a reasonable difference of laptime between the compounds,hopefully we had a meds and softs runner or two with 45mins worth of wear talk on them? :).

Thank You Ryo/Ivo & RD

I was on soft as with practice i could see they hold easy for the 45 min.
Didn't know you want some feedback, so I can't tell you much,
I believe only front left was yellow all others still green.

Well my first race on RD was fun, only one stupid mistake in first lap, again sorry McGregor.
I've here some nice information of the race guys, I found it always very interesting.
http://***********/2wxd2bh

Chris ,I hit you in the back as you seemed to slow going up and under the bridge. Unavoidable contact as it was an accelerating zone and you just slowed?

got hit a few times by errant cars and severe damage but kept going.

I pulled to the side to let Kjell through after contact, you had plenty of warning. Anyway, racing incident

Hum, the hards are set to wear more than they did in 2.3 :) - perhaps their increased grip means less sliding = less wear.

Lapping at the same speed with Soft and Medium Greg? That could be to do with the temps? Softs have more grip but get too hot, meaning they end up having the same grip as mediums? Or was that not the case?

Pffft I hate tyre physics, they hurt my head :)

dont know if i understand right but i was able to make the same time in the 5 first laps(i dont test it more than 5laps) with S, M or H
the only difference was the temps and the tire wear. only between S and M there is almost no difference in tires wear...

Remember guys - think about the tyres in context of last season - where there was very little wear and difference in grip, only temperature. I'm not looking for dramatics as we lose some of that close pack battling. I may even go back to the original tyre files if I'm not satisfied.

Well that was surely a wild first race here at RACEDEPARTMENT. Got a great start and then watched some of the crazy driving with a few big lock ups and incidents all over but none of it effected me. It was a pretty wild view from my seat. Hope next ones cleaner without incident.
I got into Okan and his Volvo very hard and had to pit for repair and just ran the race hard as I could to see how it ended up. Sorry though, I did try avoiding you.

Volvo seem fairly matched against the competition and tires seemed ok to me but I didn't race the mod at all other than the other day and today. Holdens seem to pull away quick but again I have very little experience with the mod so far,.
Finishing 11th was nice considering my race but I know I can do better with more practice.

When is the next race with this mod here by the way? I couldn't find any info on it thnx.

Told Greg i would try to pick a car that no one else would pick,did all practise laps in the holden but went for a last minute change to Mustang,all of a sudden there was 3 Mustangs on track just a few minutes before official practise.Then i changed for the Skyline.
The car is definatly alot better than the old version and seems to be just alittle slower in acceleration than Holden.
Went for 85 Liters and Mediums as Greg said he would be on hards.After only 3-4 laps i had seriouse engine overheating problems that forced me to change gears early and that is not the range the skyline want to be in. Also left front tyre was overheating with temps up to 125 degrees C. Other from that car handles nice and brakes alot better.Wear at end of race was close to 15% on 3 tyres and little bit more on the front left.

Told Greg i would try to pick a car that no one else would pick,did all practise laps in the holden but went for a last minute change to Mustang,all of a sudden there was 3 Mustangs on track just a few minutes before official practise.Then i changed for the Skyline.
The car is definatly alot better than the old version and seems to be just alittle slower in acceleration than Holden.
Went for 85 Liters and Mediums as Greg said he would be on hards.After only 3-4 laps i had seriouse engine overheating problems that forced me to change gears early and that is not the range the skyline want to be in. Also left front tyre was overheating with temps up to 125 degrees C. Other from that car handles nice and brakes alot better.Wear at end of race was close to 15% on 3 tyres and little bit more on the front left.

I was in the skyline aswell, I found that the engine did get a few warning but no smoke. Also i had all but the left rear green, and the left rear had gone yellow with 6 to go, you could tell when it went.

Compared to the orig TCL mod, there is much more grip that i had to get use to pushing into the corners, as i was expecting it to drift at every corner.

Was a good race, a few scappy bits, had one guy try to roll over my bonnet at the hairpin. I wasn't driving to my full best as i was still half asleep, as i got up and hopped straight on. Was good to race with you, but the early mornings are a killer.

Chris Butcher posting before he thinks? Really?! :tongue:

You know me Ryan :tongue:

Anyway, my views on the changes to the mod, The M3 actually seemed very unstable, whatever I did with the setup it just seemed to want to drift. Also, I seemed to have a considerable deadzone on the throttle despite the fact my controller settings and in game settings were set to 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back