rF2 Touring Masters @ Estoril 1988 - Wednesday December 29th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I know people on TS were saying that it seemed like people were driving with lights on at times and I noticed it too, maybe just the track?

I decided to play with the Volvo, thought that the long straights would make my favoured Merc abit boring here. I wasn't too bad with it, had some decent race pace in praccy and then with my qualy setup I was pretty much there. After that though I was consistenly about 1 second off the race pace that I should've been able to do. More annoyingly was that once the hards were passed 95% wear - according to DynHud - the grip just seemed to have disappeared. So I went from my 3rd on the grid and slowly and steadily dropped back with the exception of about 3 spins. In the end I finished about 8th. Enjoyable despite my own brainfarts and some slightly confusing tyre wear.

My first RD race for over a year. Ended up enjoying it quite a bit. First lap seemed a bit rough, nothing malicious just perils of the midfield I suppose, but then after things settled down i had some good fights on my from 15th or so to finish 6th. missed 5th by about 0.03 seconds, drag race to the finish line.

Pretty demotivating race :p Not only did I hav no chance at all to fight properly because of the M3's lack of speed on the straights, but the front left tyre was gone after 17 minutes, and I had no choice other than pit after 30 minutes, when I was loosing 5-7 sec each lap. Other than that, it was extremely fun. The first 5-6 laps was amazing, I got from my 22nd place on the grid, to fight for a 7th place, it was fantastic!
However, when the front left started to give away I went down to around 20th and ended 15th or 16th, can't really remember.

This time, it was the cleanest race I've ever seen here on racedepartment, even though I got bumped alot by a driver (cannot remember who). Just remember, you can't drive through anyone :p
Oh, and I think I touched Adam when exiting T-last, I was planning on a outside move (as I found that very effective earlier), but had to cross over, thougt I was clear, and floored it,- sorry!
At the end I became a bit "angry" for the first time for this race, when Toby was driving, a bit overagressive, fair enough that you had a lot more speed than us in the midfield, but the pass you did, was good, but it feels like it was just as much because of me and my car, than you ;). But then in the next corner, it looks like you tried to take height for a good exit to pass the guy in front, but remeber one thing, you have just passed a guy, that is right behind you, when you takes that much height, you are opening a huge room for others(me). When I took that chance, you just turned right in, and clipped me to a standstill, I was there, I had my line...

At least, after some races I'm getting to know how to race some people here. Som with respect, some hard, some stressing, and some, well, like they do :) Now I just need to crack the secret about getting the tires to last!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back