rF2 Touring Masters @ Adria - Wednesday November 24th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Well, Shortest race ever for me:( Managed to switch on "free look" just before race start, as such, the view went haywire. Had to quit out from the race before it even started. Spent the rest of the race as a spectator. Grats to Darren on the win

Well after getting abuse from other drivers in practice, one of them decided to just drive through me in the race unbelievable. If this is the way people act around here maybe its better I stay away.

I loved every lap of that race,yet another duff start made it so the first half dozen laps were spent getting back to 5th where i started,very pleased with my first pass on Maspero despite the tiny ammount of room i was given there was only a tiny little rub of paint mid turn,but im clearly doing everything possible to remain tight tight left even through the exit leaving plenty of road for Maspero to work with,a very healthy chase down and pass on Rob Mayne,i felt Rob didnt really protest at all when i made my move and gave plenty room and then hung on well following me,my pull away was very gradual and i was making small dents in the gap ahead to Tom Drabble holding that last podium spot,no idea what happened but suddenly Degreef is in the picture up ahead with Tom making a move and then pulling away,i arrive on him next and notice how much he is struggling mid turn,i make one or 2 hash-bash clumsy attempts at a pass before getting it right at T1 and clearing off and holding 3rd to the finish.
Grats Darren and to all finishers.

Thanks You Adz/Ivo/Ryo & RD

had an ok race. I got a good start, then amazingly at the first corner a car went though me (i mean really going through like a ghost), and no damage :). so I carried on. At the beginning I hitreal hard T. Demolin in his M3, I'm sorry it was my fault. I just forgot to brake. thank goodness he didn't spin. Around the middle and the end I met him again, and had a nice fight for 10 or more laps which I lost. great job to him as he was really trying to pass me under breaking (my car was sierra). I was really fighting the car understeer cause of the front right has a real bad tire wear, it was red and almost gone. I think I may try the M3, as the sierra was just a handful. hope to see you all at the next race.

my pull away was very gradual and i was making small dents the gap ahead to Jeff holding that last podium spot,no idea what happened but suddenly Degreef is in the picture up ahead with Jeff making a move and then pulling away,i arrive on him next and notice how much he is struggling mid turn,i make one or 2 hash-bash clumsy attempts at a pass before getting it right at T1 and clearing off and holding 3rd to the finish.
Grats Darren and to all finishers.

Thanks You Adz/Ivo/Ryo & RD

I dont understand, I never even crossed the start line let alone the finish

nice race guys q 18th and finished in 13th, lost 2 position in last 2 laps for blue flag must let pass and so how usually result you are a Gentleman but lost position:D nice battle with Chris and Roy behind me along the race when Chris lost car front me see Marko did a few of laps together but in lap 24 (think) before line start he stop the car so I passed now there is Ivo in front push for catch him in lap 27 Ivo go in a sand and so easy passed him but in lap 29 he hidden behind the blue flag:D and passed me so I lost my 11th and then in lap 32 again blue flag for Arron and Oakley a bit hard find the space for let pass them because behind there is Ben that take the chanche for pass me so finished in 13th. Congratulation to all drivers

PS sorry:frown: Oakley for little hit in hairpin in last lap I was defending myself from Ben.

Thanks Adam Ivo and Ryan more RD for event

http://translate.google.it/?tr=t&hl=it

had an ok race. I got a good start, then amazingly at the first corner a car went though me (i mean really going through like a ghost), and no damage :). so I carried on. At the beginning I hitreal hard T. Demolin in his M3, I'm sorry it was my fault. I just forgot to brake. thank goodness he didn't spin. Around the middle and the end I met him again, and had a nice fight for 10 or more laps which I lost. great job to him as he was really trying to pass me under breaking (my car was sierra). I was really fighting the car understeer cause of the front right has a real bad tire wear, it was red and almost gone. I think I may try the M3, as the sierra was just a handful. hope to see you all at the next race.

As You said, I did not spun, so no problem. Quite hard race for me cause now after changes Its almost imposible to race on mids whole distance...My front tire were almost all red too.:wink: I had few more realy exiciting battles with Roy, Can and Abdul. Abdul according to me our contact in the chicane was typical racing incident. I think I left You enough space in the inside. It's racing:wink:. Please, correct me , If i'm wrong. Hope I'll see You all next week.

Ryan new intro to the mod is GREAT. And in my opinion new colizion sounds are a way better then the old ones and hope I wont hear it too often:wink:.

Thanks You All for racing.

Ooh man that was a learning experience indeed. The start was a flop for me loosing a coupe spots but I was ok with that being new here. Couple guys in BMW got loose and I had know where to go in avoidance and then got nailed by a few guys behind. Sorry if I messed any ones race up but was doing my best to be a gentleman driver and let the obviously faster pass me. But with my setup I thought would be ok for the Volvo it made it kinda tricky. the setup was from v2.5 and the difference in handling was very noticeable.
About 25 mins in my phone kept ringing and ringing so annoyed from that i spun out then I noticed it was work so had to bail out.. Sorry for that. Was fun while it lasted even if I do hate that track.. Congrats all.

learning experience my self... :D
made a bad tires choice for the race, had no more front tires more than 10 laps before the end... :s
had some fun in the end with Gary :) but need to say that its all... the beattle with the Volvo crew was since the first lap a bit "hard"...:/
i dont understand why ppl cant stay on his line when he is overtaking...
whatever...hope to see you all in next league or in a next event... :D
Thx Adam, Ivo and RD for organisation... ;)

pfff Mediums and a twitchy Rover wasnt really good of a choice.

Q: think 13th. Couldnt even hit the 21"s

Race: Always gets screwed because i want T1 to be safe. So the 2 or 3 position i had at T1 where on the exit gone.
Had a nice battle with Jo the fellow Rover driver. Could pull away when i passed the Holden. Had a 10 sec gap to Kjell and Amir. Ran some great fast laps and was quickly down to 4 seconds. Then Chris spun in T1 and i hit him, but also got stuck to him. Was abit weird. Ben passed me again after that. Pushed hard again, and finally got him. I dont really know what happened after that. Meds where very bad and i think i had a nice batlle with Valerio. Spun i think ones. Lol i dont know anymore really. Think i finished 11th. Sorry to maybe some guys that i was abit to pushy. But thats the only way to survive the race tonight. Hope we can go back to the old WTM S1 kind of races. They where abit more relaxed. For example the battle i had with Jo.

Dont know what to think about the Rover. Looked like the brakes became worse with they had heat in them.
Choices, choices.

Guys - I know there was a bit of niggle tonight, but just remember a lot of you guys are new to each other and your ways - so give yourself a little bit of time to bed in and learn each other before jumping at each other's throats eh? Everyone wants to win, I have no problem with that, but always do it in a sporting way, whether you're winning or losing.

You're all good guys, I can tell, so just take it a little easier. This is just club racing after all :). This applies to new guys and 'existing' guys too ;).

so i turn on rF and see a packed out rd server and decide to download the mod and track. Managed to join with 8 mins to go in qually so i just jumped on the track with the default set. Gear changes were nasty coming out of corners but i got used to it and managed to qually 14th. I used warm up to try and fix the gear changes so made the car a bit stiffer and softened up rear dampers. Jumped on track for a few laps but forgot to watch the tyre life. Had a good start to the race, working my way up to 8th i think. Was chasing down gary and someone els then the tyres started to fall off. Tryed to drive around it but there was no grip left and compounde with the rising temps i finally reached some 141 degrees and decided to just doordle around to cool em off hoping they would stay around 105-110 but no luck, straight back up to 128 after a few hotlaps so i pitted, put on some softs for the last ten laps and tried to go for the fastest lap. Was 2 tenths off on my first try and had no tyre life left for it by my next lap lol. Was nice to get back in some nice racing with the tcl mod. Probably want more tyre life from the mediums though, the lil merc cant really be too much for the rear tyres can it? :D

Thanks to the rd team for the mod and the club racing :)

I'd like to take back the comments I made after the Oulton Park event, because even though I was slow (don't get on with the supra anymore) I had a good time, and generally the racing was nice and clean, except when I was pushed wide when someone tried to overtake :)

Interesting bug Ryo, when I span and Ivo ran into me, his car seemed to 'stick' to mine

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back