rF2 Touring Masters @ A1 Ring - Wednesday January 4th 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thanx for nice racing, wasnt my day, but I had fun while it lasted. In race 1 I wnet on the gravel beofre the last turn, after that the car was undrivable, spunn in almost every corner. In race 2 I spunn on breaking on the same spot, and the same thing hapend, car was undrivable afterwards.

I havent used rFactor online for a very long time, and I really miss the spotter from iRacing, how do you guys manage? Also I didnt know how time was left in the race or which position I was in. I have no GUI was so ever (I dont need one offline). Started push all the button on the steeringwheel, but didnt find any.

grats to winners and thnx for hosting.

hade a really nice race,
1st race, got puncher in lap 3 final corner, need to do a full lap with the puncher en 50 sec in the pits, so i was last at the eind of te race got to 7the

race 2 very goot start, second corner 4the, and i got second at the end of the race, because the guys before me spinned.

realy nice race, grats to the winners and everyone for the fair driving

Sounds like maybe you were on the wrong tyres Tobias. Softs will only last 1-2 laps before letting go. Need Mediums or Hards for the racing. Also, press 1-7 for various UI overlays

Good couple of races, had the right car today (Mustang) while there were a lot of Mercedez and Beemers in the field. As such, managed to claim pole on both races. A first for me.

R1: Got a good start and was able to pull out a small gap from the 2 behind. Luckily they kept fighting with each other which allowed me to run fairly unhindered to take the win. A small mistake into T3 allowed them to close to within 1 second but was then able to pull away.

R2: reasonable start but went wide at T1 allowing Jake through. Fought back and got back into the lead but wasn't able to shake him off this time. Lap 5 (Ish) and got loose into the 2nd left hander which allowed Jake back through, fought back up the hill but as Jake moved across to try and take the inside line, I had to do the same but the back end got away over the bump resulting in a spin into 2nd to last corner. Took a while to get going again and rejoined in 7th. Powered my way back to 3rd but really should have won the 2nd race as well, just one of those things.

I should point out there was nothing wrong with the move Jake made. was just my lack of car control that caused the spin more than anything else

Gratz to winners and Podium. Thx RD and all who raced.

Firstly I want to apologise to everyone who I took off.

Now going throught my racing it was fun, but I was a bit ****** because for some reason I lost my setup (I think after making changes I somehow managed to load default and then save it, silly me :) ) so I had to redo it just before the race (with my setup in offline testing I was doing 1:42's, but after losing it times went down to 45's 46's)

R1: Sorry guy in a black car (can't remember the name, was it Niels?), I collected him and had to wait for him to repass me which quite ruined my race. Later I had a steady pace which was a huge improvement compared to the other races I had before. So I was cruising in the back when guys in front started to do crazy stuff, so I picked them one by one to finish 5th. I think it is pretty decent result.

R2: I want to apologise to Andy Bonar which I took of in the second corner on the first lap. After that it was pretty much the same as in first race. I eventually finished 6th.

All in all I'm pretty pleased with the performance. The "Slow and steady wins the race" approach worked once again :p

Ah so that explains why Tobias fell off if he was on softs..

This was my first race with RD, first time with this mod and pretty happy with it. Had some nice scraping with Tobias in the same car we were pretty much equal, but the Jeff's mustang was just hard to keep with. If he didn't make that mistake I would have never won it. Appreciate the racing guys.

Rokas: What I've noticed with people that start playing with wheels is it's a struggle at first. If you switch to wheel you'll be slower at first but like anything it takes practice. In the long run yes you'll be faster with a wheel but it's not easy at first.

Yes I had the soft tires, didnt think I needed to care about the tire going off in a sprint race, Ive learned my lesson now.

Rodney: everything depends on driving style aswell ;)
Rokas: yes yes yes, buy a wheel ;) (it's so much more fun!!)

Firstly I want to apologise to everyone who I took off.

Now going throught my racing it was fun, but I was a bit ****** because for some reason I lost my setup (I think after making changes I somehow managed to load default and then save it, silly me :) ) so I had to redo it just before the race (with my setup in offline testing I was doing 1:42's, but after losing it times went down to 45's 46's)

R1: Sorry guy in a black car (can't remember the name, was it Niels?), I collected him and had to wait for him to repass me which quite ruined my race. Later I had a steady pace which was a huge improvement compared to the other races I had before. So I was cruising in the back when guys in front started to do crazy stuff, so I picked them one by one to finish 5th. I think it is pretty decent result.

R2: I want to apologise to Andy Bonar which I took of in the second corner on the first lap. After that it was pretty much the same as in first race. I eventually finished 6th.

All in all I'm pretty pleased with the performance. The "Slow and steady wins the race" approach worked once again :p

Yep you took me off ^^
Doesn't matter.
**** happens.

Mod Edit: This is a family forum, no swearing please.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back