Resource icon

Toggleable Autorace + Chase Cam + Better Race Graphics (alpha) 1.2a1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello! First of all, fantastic mod. I love playing this game, but micro managing my racers beyond pit stops was always such a drag for me, so this mod is a huge help.

I did notice one thing with it when I used it. I installed this mod after the first race of the first season, as predator racing. William Evans crashed and got hurt in that first race, so I used the back up driver for the race. However, while I was in the race, the auto drive worked fine for Santa Ana but didn't seem to work at all for the back up driver (Linares). Is this a bug?
glad you liked my mod and thank you for reporting the bug. keep an eye out for the fix

WOW! This mod is simply great! What you did here is beyond words for me!!!
Thank you so much for this!!!

May i ask if it's possible to make a Toggleable autorace + Chase cam + Perfect Setup with your latest bug fixes? I liked those mechanics at first playing the game, but after a while it becomes a drag to always do the same thing over and over again :p

WOW! This mod is simply great! What you did here is beyond words for me!!!
Thank you so much for this!!!

May i ask if it's possible to make a Toggleable autorace + Chase cam + Perfect Setup with your latest bug fixes? I liked those mechanics at first playing the game, but after a while it becomes a drag to always do the same thing over and over again :p
Thank you.
I've already included perfect setup, look for the "+PerfectSetup" folders:)

Last edited:
Thank you.
I've already included perfect setup, look for the "+PerfectSetup" folders:)

Oh i didn't notice it! I download it from work, sorry about that :redface:
That's just great than! I'm testing it right now and everything seems to working fine! No bugs that i noticed it!
Thanks again for making this :);)

Question, is it pretty easy to edit the camera angle using dnspy. On the version with the standard zoom chase cam, I would like to fiddle a little more with the camera angle.
I couldnt find where you made your changes.

2nd I apologize in advance for a non "this mod" question, but I thought you might have a quick answer (if you don't mind) :)
in the module DriverFormDesignData there is a line: [XmlElement("MaxDriverFormTimeCost")]
public float maxDriverFormTimeCost;
which is responsible for ("maxDriverFormTimeCost": X.XX) in the save game file.
My attempts to change this line make it disappear from the save game file so I think I am on the right track, but I want the code to just spit out a static line ("maxDriverFormTimeCost": 0.35) without any variable references. Should be easy to do right, Im a little green with my coding and I am an idiot :)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Question, is it pretty easy to edit the camera angle using dnspy. On the version with the standard zoom chase cam, I would like to fiddle a little more with the camera angle.
I couldnt find where you made your changes.
look for the method "UpdateRotationForChaseCam" in "FreeRoamCamera.cs".
the first line is the target rotation angle

2nd I apologize in advance for a non "this mod" question, but I thought you might have a quick answer (if you don't mind) :)
in the module DriverFormDesignData there is a line: [XmlElement("MaxDriverFormTimeCost")]
public float maxDriverFormTimeCost;
which is responsible for ("maxDriverFormTimeCost": X.XX) in the save game file.
My attempts to change this line make it disappear from the save game file so I think I am on the right track, but I want the code to just spit out a static line ("maxDriverFormTimeCost": 0.35) without any variable references. Should be easy to do right, Im a little green with my coding and I am an idiot :)

Thanks.
I don't have a lot of experience with xml serialization but try this and see if its always 0.35, if not then analyze it and see where it gets assigned to something else.
Code:
[XmlElement("MaxDriverFormTimeCost")]
public float maxDriverFormTimeCost=0.35f;

if you have any follow up questions please send them to me as DMs. I'll be happy to answer them.

look for the method "UpdateRotationForChaseCam" in "FreeRoamCamera.cs".
the first line is the target rotation angle

I don't have a lot of experience with xml serialization but try this and see if its always 0.35, if not then analyze it and see where it gets assigned to something else.
Code:
[XmlElement("MaxDriverFormTimeCost")]
public float maxDriverFormTimeCost=0.35f;

if you have any follow up questions please send them to me as DMs. I'll be happy to answer them.

Hey, Thanks again for all your help. I used DNS spy to get that same bit of code. Didnt really work. But hey now I got a little project to figure out. Im not really a fan of the form system so Im just trying to lessen its effect (right now I do a replace in my save file).

Thanks again for the info. Ill have fun playing with the camera tongiht!
and Thank you again for the mod!

First of all thank you for your work I really like to use your mod, but it would be possible to adapt this mod to fire 2019 mod since they seem incompatible because that mod to work needs to install the same file as yours, if I could do it cool

First of all thank you for your work I really like to use your mod, but it would be possible to adapt this mod to fire 2019 mod since they seem incompatible because that mod to work needs to install the same file as yours, if I could do it cool
The author of the mod is usually pretty responsive, so you may get an official answer.
My understanding of the Fire Mod is that the Csharp file they provide is recommended, but not required.
Also note a review written recently:
jfindley1595 Version: 1.1b2
Excellent Mod, Jjust what I was looking for! Works with Fire 18 as well!

So you should be able to use this mod with Fire 18.

Last edited:
it says it very clearly in the description of the mod it is obligatory to install the .dll file, that's why it would be incompatible with the auto race, no?

So according to the steam page:
This download of the FIRE 18 Mod from Steam Workshop contains an optional modded Assembly-CSharp.dll and txt's that you need to run it as intended.

Obviously, Fire18 works best with their DLL. Other users, as I have listed, have stated that they are using this mod with Fire18, so it should work. You will most likely lose some features of the Fire18 mod that are built into their DLL file.

You may find some better answers in discussion forums about the fire mod and what the repercussions are for not using their dll.

I'm sorry fam I'm so caught up with stuff right now and I don't know anything about that mod. it's unfortunate that there's no official script modding support so we're left to either merge or choose modded dlls.

Hi, I want to use this mod, but I want to use it alongside The Flaming Red Mod, how do I add your mod without breaking the game and having to reinstall.
Taking a quick glance at the Flaming Red Mod, I think its pretty certain that his mod requires his custom csharp.dll file.
Therefore, this mod will not work with the Flaming Red Mod. You will have to chose one or the other.

Hi, I want to use this mod, but I want to use it alongside The Flaming Red Mod, how do I add your mod without breaking the game and having to reinstall.
Yeah, unfortunately, you would have to choose one of the dll's. tho there might be a collaboration with red in the future.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back