F1 2010 Time Trial Week #7 Melbourne, Austrailia (Wet)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
6dquty.jpg

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Melbourne (Wet)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Tuesday next at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual/Auto

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

@Mike dunno about racing talent, although being a bus driver certainly gives me an edge when going round corners :p

As long as its not Montreal in the Wet. I like my Lotus being in 2nd place there, dont wanna have to improve on that.

Good work all certainly a few more ppl for this TT than the last few.

@Andrew - Be sure to tell me which bus so I don't get on it. :tongue:

@Mike - It had to be done, didn't actually do me any good though, the kids ended up downstairs annoying me before I got halfway through the first lap, best I could do was half a second slower than my best..... It's turn 15 I tell you, I've managed to go wide in 1st gear and I've spun off it 50 times if I've done it once.

If we're going for a points system I'll post my 0 points for the season now!

What I need is one of these: http://playseat.com/shop/catalog/product/gallery/image/44/id/29/
A bit of skill and a minor miracle. :D

I want one!

Can't help but notice that 6 fastest times are all PC users, someone told me there was a sticky corners mod? No one uses that do they? Or maybe I just need to try harder...

Having seen some of their videos I quite believe it. :tongue: And I thought it was just that I'd skidded around in front of them and cleared the water off the track.

I think the reason is more because the PC users have all been playing longer and with G25/27 wheels whereas most of us Xbox users are newer (I've had the game about 3 weeks I think) and use the control pad. I can already see how much of a difference even a cheap wheel is going to make. It was at the top of my list to Santa.

I want one!

Can't help but notice that 6 fastest times are all PC users, someone told me there was a sticky corners mod? No one uses that do they? Or maybe I just need to try harder...

I actually read most of the post in that thread, there was a mod for sticky kerbs but was reassured to see Tomas from on here arguing the case for not using it as i basically was a cheat (which i totally agree with) the guy who "created it" ended up removing it (i think) due to the hoo ha an there was some debate as to whether or not it was able to be used on line ! some guy (tho he acted like a child) was very keen on it an ended up havin a LLLLLLLLLLong erm discussion wit Tomas as to why he thought it wasn't a cheat an would not listen to reason, even i wanted to slap him an i was just reading it lol, anyway like i said Tomas was adamant (not the prince charming one) that it was against all the rules an principles of our TT comps which was good enough for me, as i to, had wondered about it !!! so its down to skill an practice practice practice

I actually read most of the post in that thread, there was a mod for sticky kerbs but was reassured to see Tomas from on here arguing the case for not using it as i basically was a cheat (which i totally agree with) the guy who "created it" ended up removing it (i think) due to the hoo ha an there was some debate as to whether or not it was able to be used on line ! some guy (tho he acted like a child) was very keen on it an ended up havin a LLLLLLLLLLong erm discussion wit Tomas as to why he thought it wasn't a cheat an would not listen to reason, even i wanted to slap him an i was just reading it lol, anyway like i said Tomas was adamant (not the prince charming one) that it was against all the rules an principles of our TT comps which was good enough for me, as i to, had wondered about it !!! so its down to skill an practice practice practice

That's good then. Guess we just need to get a LOT better! lol

I don't think anyone is using a cheat (it wouldn't be good if you could use sticky tires online and in time trial!), but there may be advantages to the PC. If nothing else, it lets us use better Logitech wheels like previously mentioned, and I think a good wheel makes a lot of difference. In that sense the playing field may be a bit uneven. :-\

Anyone know what track's next? I could do with the early practice. :)

@Anthony - When you start the new thread can you change Gears to Manual, it has caused a bit of confusion over the last couple of weeks, Auto counts as an assist.

@Mike - as far as i know.. you can register a time with modified surface material xml file.. so unless there is someone who knows a way around it.. but this games does have lots of bugs..
anyways we can rest assure you that, none of the times submitted are cheats here.. we have been participating in this competition for some time..

@Anthony - bro if you are watching, i will help you out by posting the final results of the week.. if you dont mind..
results will be update in 10 mins

Result : Time Trial Week #7 - Melbourne, Australia (WET)

Here are the Top 5 for this weeks Time Trial
Time Trial Week #7 - Melbourne, Australia (WET)

1. Andrew Bortz (McLaren) : 1.24.256
  2. Fahad Gaffoor (McLaren): 1.25.095
  3. Tomas Torasen (McLaren) : 1.25.259
  4. Steve Stoop (McLaren) : 1.25.631
  5. Shex (McLaren) : 1.25.705
This week i believe we have had the most number of participants, and it was definitely nice to see a lot more people taking part. So congrats to everyone for participating in this weeks Time Trial

Waiting for Anthony to pick the next track

Well this was a fun yet also frustrating one. Rain on a track where the slightest sneeze off the kerb invalidates your lap sure was a challenge Don't think I've ever had so many invalidated laps. :D

gratz to Andrew for a really scorching time, and yay for this TT competition taking over most of the leaderboard top 10 for this track in the wet

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 113 88.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 17.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 21 16.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 47 36.7%