F1 2010 Time Trial Week #7 Melbourne, Austrailia (Wet)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
6dquty.jpg

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Melbourne (Wet)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Tuesday next at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual/Auto

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

@Fahad Unfortunately the video doesnt do the drive justice, I really am on the edge all the time and the back end is always through most corners not at full traction, only some of the corners in the video could you hear the wheelspin, Where as alot of the videos/setups I see here are all biased towards a very stable car that sticks through all corners, mine are biased towards oversteer (which is why I can turn alot more than usual with these wing settings although there is of course way more risk of spinning out especially in the wet).

@Mike yes changing one setting has an effect on the whole car but your not gonna get a feel for what changes what unless you make small adjustments lots of times, when I do time trial ill rarely do less than 30 laps worth of testing/trials 2/3 laps each time on a variant setup unless of course I have my setup that works already then ill just do pretty much the whole 30 laps on the single setup. Currently only Melbourne and Montreal im happy with Interlagos is getting close but still needs some time.

Well, managed to get some laps in over the weekend. Got down from my original 1:37 to 1:34.321 early Saturday morning before my 5 year old daughter got up and started asking when she could have Mickey Mouse on.... Didn't get much time yesterday but at around 11:50pm I finally got the wheel out and decided to have half an hour before bed to try to get the time down a bit more. I had plenty of laps where I was well inside the time but one little error of running slightly wide would invalidate the lap but at least I could see there was plenty more for me to lose. Then on my final lap I finally got a clean one and dropped the time to 1:33.487... great I thought and I finished the session quite pleased with the improvement. The end of session screen came up with my new time showing with the improvement of 8 tenths over my previous best. I happily continued without taking a picture thinking I would do that on another occasion if I didn't improve but as I exited to the paddock I got a message come up saying I had been signed out of Xbox Live. I quickly signed back in as I wanted to check my time on the Leaderboard to see if I had made it into the top 500 (*lol* small victories and all that...) and was very frustrated to find that my previous best lap was still showing on there :mad:. I know the time was not that great but even so when you aren't up with the elite those small little improvements are what you aim for and to lose it was so annoying. I am sure I will get below it before I submit my final time but still wasn't happy.

Surely the time should be stored locally shouldn't it? I mean if I didn't have an internet connection it still has to store my best times so what happened to this one? Any clues anyone?

the save game will store your personal best at 1.33.487.. but unfortunately, if you are disconnected from live.. the LB doesn't take in your personal best time.. i has happened to me several times.. and its really annoying..
another bug of the game..

@Fahad, yr right I'll stick to quick set up, wings an brake, still workin out whether to brake an downshift at same time or brake first etc, but I will get there an watchin other vids, seems pointless as there grip an braking power seem is on a different planet its of no use to my car/ability lol (ATM anyway) maybe we could link up for a race sometime on xbox an u could give me some pointers (wen u got the time ;-)
To be honest I thought the same thing about watching the videos as those guys are way faster than I can ever hope to be. However, having watched them I could see several areas that were costing me a lot of time and as a result I changed my approach to certain corners and immediately found over 2 seconds. I was taking far too wide a line at turns 1, 6 and 9 whereas they were being cut far more aggresively than I had ever thought they could be in the videos so I tried that and it was so much better. Still a long, long way to go but I wouldn't give up on watching the quick guys... you may never be able to achieve those times but you can certainly see things that will help you to improve your own laps. Now I need to work on turn 3 and the really quick 11 \ 12 both of which I really struggle to hit the turn in point for!!!

the save game will store your personal best at 1.33.487.. but unfortunately, if you are disconnected from live.. the LB doesn't take in your personal best time.. i has happened to me several times.. and its really annoying..
another bug of the game..
Thanks Fahad.. glad to know that I am not alone in my frustrations at that. Guess it's back to the track later tonghit for me then!!

no really.. i wouldnt bother much.. i knw it possible from the beginning.. but this is not my track.. im just awful at this track..

Dude, you just did a 1.25.3.... you are not awful at this track, however much you might hate it.

How about taking a screenshot of the summary page that comes up before you exit to the paddock? The one with your old best time and your new best time? This is the second time you've posted an excellent time that didn't get recorded, but you can still provide proof.

Just realised I hadnt put up my best time since putting up the video.

This is my final time for this week as ive a long work day tomorrow and wont get time enough to put a lap together.

So everyone enjoy!!

1:24.265 Mclaren PC

Attachments

• Melbourne Wet.jpg
    Melbourne Wet.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 202
dear lord these invalidaded laps are killing me. I'm consistently faster then my current pb (which is still down in the 1.30s since I'm unable to get a validaded lap lately lol) but I keep pushing it just that tad bit too far and get my lap invalidaded. I've literally done 20 laps without having a single valid one.

very frustrating track to TT on, some amazing times you guys have posted!

Got lots of time on my hands today so will battle through the frustration and see if I can get a semi- competitive (and valid :D ) time

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.