F1 2010 Time Trial Week #7 Melbourne, Austrailia (Wet)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
6dquty.jpg

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Melbourne (Wet)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Tuesday next at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual/Auto

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

Well sorry guys but decided to go against my clan rules about TT in the wet so heres my time for the Mclaren.

Lotus Setup 7th gear 4 points higher (The gears are definately not good for the Mclaren)

1:24.938

Attachments

• Melbourne Wet.jpg
    Melbourne Wet.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 183
Andrew, I was just going to complement your speed in the Lotus, but now you've gone and proved it beyond doubt - smashing time! I really don't know how you did that. I'm just sorry your Lotus is no longer on the leaderboard. :)

I spent another few hours trying, and coming close only a few times, to beat my own best time. No luck! I really don't know what I was doing the first time that I can't improve upon. Seems I've hit a wall. I think I could take off a half second, optimistically, with a perfect lap, but I can't even approach a perfect lap.

well finally managed to get in 5-6 laps..
i managed a 1.27.9
great time andrew.. now its time for me to check out tuning.. anyone got any tips???
coz this is my worst circuit anyway.. and maybe the melbourne that i drive is different compared to others.. coz in mine.. i cant even put one tyre off the track.. coz i keep getting invalidated laptime..

anyway.. hope to play it later on..

It's not a different track, Fahad, you have to be right on the edge of invalidation. It's difficult and frustrating how easy it is to go off.

Tomas, just been racing your ghost with both your setup and the default one. With both I can beat you (barely) to turn 9, but you take a whole lot of speed through that chicane and I can't catch up afterwards. It's fun trying though. :)

Ditto, I hate Melbourne and I hate the wet. haha.

Although, as Andrew has knocked his Lotus time off the leaderboard, here's mine.

http://i52.tinypic.com/30j040h.jpg

Not quite as impressive but I'm actually happy with it.

@Hammerpgh - I'm in exactly the same situation and 1:37.xxx was my first valid time as well. I've yet to try cockpit view though, waiting for santa to bring me a wheel first.

@Tomas - Tried your set up in the McLaren and I can go much faster but I'm not sensible enough to get a valid lap.

@Andrew - I'm not sure you can really use my time to compare with yours but I did get a fastest lap with the Lotus (can I join your clan:tongue: ) and I know I can go much faster. I run out of courage at turn 13, I stay in 4th gear from there to 15 where I crawl round and ease up to the line. I've spun out too many times on 15.

@XXDeanoXX - If you're using an Xbox add me to your friends and I'll happily post your times with mine, I doubt a silver membership would allow you to post times though.

Ditto, I hate Melbourne and I hate the wet. haha.

Although, as Andrew has knocked his Lotus time off the leaderboard, here's mine.

http://i52.tinypic.com/30j040h.jpg

Not quite as impressive but I'm actually happy with it.

@Hammerpgh - I'm in exactly the same situation and 1:37.xxx was my first valid time as well. I've yet to try cockpit view though, waiting for santa to bring me a wheel first.

@Tomas - Tried your set up in the McLaren and I can go much faster but I'm not sensible enough to get a valid lap.

@Andrew - I'm not sure you can really use my time to compare with yours but I did get a fastest lap with the Lotus (can I join your clan:tongue: ) and I know I can go much faster. I run out of courage at turn 13, I stay in 4th gear from there to 15 where I crawl round and ease up to the line. I've spun out too many times on 15.

@XXDeanoXX - If you're using an Xbox add me to your friends and I'll happily post your times with mine, I doubt a silver membership would allow you to post times though.

I know what you mean Graham after the fast chicane of 11/12 I start to lose the rest of the lap unless im behind the ghost car then its pedal to the metal. Down to 3rd for 13 up to 5th and down to 4th for 14 up to 5th down to 2nd for 15 and flaw it all the way round the last bend sometimes its a little quicker to stay at 6th gear for over the line.

(All of the above is for the Lotus Only)

Thank you for all the congratz messages I shall be beating that number 1 time today there is easily another half a second to come, if only I can keep the car on the road.

@Graham and others your all welcome on our teamspeak server just ask.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 87 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 61 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 126 13.7%