F1 2010 Time Trial Week #11 Sao Paulo, Brazil, (Wet)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Time Trial Week #11 Sao Paulo, Brazil, (Wet)

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week.

Post your times for the weekly track competition here

This weeks track is Sao Paulo, Brazil (Wet)

You must upload evidence in the form of a screenshot (PC)/ photo (Ps3/360) of the leaderboard with your gamertag showing. This is because we cannot verify leaderboard results easily over the 3 platforms.

The leaderboard also shows whether assists are used or not, wheras in game photos of times do not, so will not count.

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Monday 17th January at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3​

@devil great job on bringing your time down so quickly.. told you it was worth joining.

Cheers! From last nights 1:15.033 I have managed to shave nearly 2 secs off today so far...

1:13.159

Been playing around with the wheel settings, mainly ive got rid of my 5% deadzone, bit twitchy on the straights now, but think its helping me control the car better in the corners. Not convinced - but trying!

Here's a little clip of me getting it wrong at turn 12 - nice bit of sideways action :) but I did manage to drive away!

Omg Omg Omg, no I didnt break the 1:08 barrier yet, but I just saw I got to feature in Michael's video, so anyone wanting to know how I get through turns 1,2,3,4 and possibly 5 go watch the video unfortunately I dont feature that much for the rest of the lap :)

@Michael damn good video and I have no idea how you managed that last spin I thought you had it nailed beutifully up until then.

Oh yeah time improved from 1:08.100 to 1:08.098 posting proof hardly seems worth it right now not for 0.002 of a sec

1st session last night, 30 or so laps using Andrew's set up plus ghost, absolutely blistering pace! It's helping a lot, but only on the first few corners so far! 1:12.579 but expect a significant improvement in the next few days.

'The best classroom of all times was about two car lengths behind Juan Manuel Fangio.'
Stirling Moss

F1_2010_game 2011-01-12 19-32-38-69.jpg

:
THANKS FOR GRASSING ME UP JAMES LOL, BUT having said that i'd like to say that i think i've overcome my fear/hatred of driving in the wet WOO HOO, lookin forward to this week

Eh?!?

:mad:James, i feel like i owe u an apology as i used your ghost to push me to the time that's now ahead of u !!!!! (but i quickly dismissed such a ridiculous idea lol) i await your counter time :D:wink:

I will no doubt improve on this- how dare you beat my by 1000ths ! I'm getting worried its all a bit close at the back, 2 exact times last week, 1000ths away this week, its all a bit much!

Xbox guys - its not to late to join in tonight... 9pm for a sprint session

@James Mike was referring to the fact that you mentioned several guys were on the track as you exited in one of your earlier posts ;)
Would love a go at that sprint but still haven't got my gold membership sorted out yet :(
Going to get a bit of track time shortly instead though :)

Ok anyone using my setup ill give a run down on braking points and gears.

Turn 1/2/3
You should just redline at the 150 board brake just before the 100 board 5 downshifts into 2nd back end may step out if you have managed to redline it getting to the braking zone but have no fear try and steer and stepping out to your advantage try and clip the first apex and have it lined up for full throttle from there using the curb on the right and usually dipping the left wheel onto the left curb to.

Turn 4/5
Braking point for turn 4 should be about 110/120 4 downshifts into third (start turning in on the 3rd downshift) again use half the curb on the left take too much and it will push you out to the right as soon as your lined up preferably on the left curb full throttle all the way round to turn 6 (Dont panic if the car feels like its slipping it holds just fine unless you manage to get it onto the astroturf.

Turn 6/7/8
Braking point is the 50/60 board 2 downshifts into 4th with a dab on the brake (start turning in a fraction of a second before the downshifts) and quickly up again to 5th and full throttle around the corner only using the 2nd curb on the right as soon as you get to touching the curb on the left 3 downshifts into 2nd for turn 8 and try and get the whole car across the curb for a good launch round turn 9.

Turn 9/10/11/12
As quick and tight as you can dont use the curb you will spin about half way round 2nd gear and again upshift to 3rd and pretty quickly into 4th to negate wheelspin try not to use the curb on the right when you exit turn 9, just before you get to the curb on the left for turn 10 downshift 2 gears into 2nd and you can use half the curb on the right (try not to use the curb on the left hand side exit it wont give you a decent launch) full throttle up to 5th gear for turn 12 you will just about get to the end of 5th gear just after the curb on the right downshift 3 gears into 2nd dont use either curbs inside one will launch you to the outside and the outside one will either a spin you or b if your lucky will just give you a bad launch for the final stretch. Take the least line of resistance to the finishing line.

There you have it my fully comprehensive 1:08.098 ok maybe not but its close enough.

Im so close its not funny anymore I did about 90 laps getting it down from 1:08.98 to 1:08.025 im completely broken been up since 3am now its half past midnight I gotta go to bed. I must dream happy thoughts 1:07 thoughts....dream harder dammit!!

Attachments

• Sao Paulo Wet.jpg
    Sao Paulo Wet.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 227
I was gonna say!

No RD xbox entries yet... although I see Mika is already at TT when i switched teh xbox on!

Top no assists xbox time is 1:09.589 (40th place)

edit; my 1st clean lap was a 1:13.187... nice easy one to beat boys!

@JAMES This is what i meant by "thanx for grassing me up" lol, As for How close its becoming at the back, I think its proof that we're all pushing each other to improve our driving skills an long may it continue, an now i see we have ANOTHER rear gunner in MR Sixpence, welcome aboard M8 an looks like you'll soon be right up with us !!!

@Andrew great run down of a lap here, really helpful, many thanks. Would Be great to see that for each track :)

I pretty much already do as you have outlined but need to improve a bit through turn 1 and get corner 4 sorted a bit better as I know I lose time through there. I actually was dropping down to 4th for turn 6 as you have suggested but then found I could keep more speed and hold a better line through there and subsequently through 7 as well by only dropping 1 gear to 5th instead. I don't think I'm too bad through the twisty section but know there's plenty to be gained through turn 12. I have been using the inside curb there as otherwise I tend to be too slow but I'll try as you suggest and avoid it to see if that gives me a better time.

Anyway thanks again, it's good to be able to experience first hand the 'Andrew Bortz School of Racing' :D

Cheers.

@Mike see mate there's no escaping the watchful eye of TT Big Brother *lol*

Agree on your comment about how close things are at the back and good to see a new member of the 'backpack' although he has improved his times pretty quickly so we'll have to see if he remains amongst us or disappears into the distance with the front runners. Interesting to see that there's a bunch of people around the 1:08-09's and then another bunch of us around the 1:11-12's but nobody so far into the 1:10's.. which of us will make it there first!!!

Managed to get a good session of around 60 laps last night and was more than happy with the progress. Things were a bit odd at first though as my best time from my previous session was a 1:13.9 and in the first spell of about 10 laps I twice beat that ghost but the time was posted as only a 1:14.4 Had me very confused.:confused:

Anyway, I had started off using Andrews setup and was getting close but just making the odd mistake to screw the lap so decided to go with slightly more downforce (4/3), soften the springs to 5/5 and adjust the gears slightly and found I was much more consistent and soon had my time down into the 1:12's :)

I then changed my approach to turn 6 as mentioned in an earlier post and rather than drop 2 gears to 4th I just dropped to 5th and found much more speed and stability through there and subsequently the car was much more settled in the approach to turn 8 where I had been having a few braking issues previously.

I was using James ghost for this session (very close to Mike's time so knew that if I could get past him I would more than likely jump two spots....) and the last dozen or so laps I was consistently up with him but was losing out around turn 12 and consequently just falling short.

However, I knew it was coming as the longer sessions always suit me and I know I will get quick times in the last few laps and finally I held it all together apart from one mistake where I missed my gears at turn 4 which probably cost me at least a few tenths, got a good entry and exit for turn 12, made sure I got the maximum speed out of each of the gears and went across the start \ finish line in 1:11.756 just one tenth ahead of James and fractionally less ahead of Mike :D.

I really do enjoy this track and will hopefully get a couple more similar length sessions in before Mondays deadline. Definitely know there's more to come, turn 4 is one that I can gain some time on as I know I can be quicker through there and also turn 12 definitely holds some time for me so I am hopeful of improvement still to come.

I'll post my screenie over the weekend if I don't get any improvement.

1:10 here I come *lol*

Hammer BLESS YOUR LIL HEART LOL, i get as excited reading your posts as you do racing the times lmao, well done on the new time an the race is officially on for that first breach of the 110 barrier lol, gonna try some new set ups as a bit stagnant with my current one, DING DING ROUND 2

Omg done just over 100 laps in under 4 hours finally lap 28 of my last stint brings me under the 1:08 barrier oh and I quit for this week ive done far to much driving so I know im not in your guys fight but theres my opening blow :p

1:07.967

Attachments

• Sao Paulo Wet.PNG
    Sao Paulo Wet.PNG
    193.6 KB · Views: 224

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements