F1 2010 Time Trial Week #10 Yeongam, Korea (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Time Trial Week #10 Yeongham, Korea (Dry)

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Yeongham, Korea (Dry)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Monday 10th January at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3​

OK I have a confession, i have (rudely) neglected my duties as a RD Time Trialist by being tempted away to engage in some extra curricular online RACING :redface: as a direct result my time this week has suffered an i would like to ask the RD collective for their forgivness, an to show my genuine remorse, i plan to spend most of the time left to improve my current time of 137.5?? AMEN :tongue:

@Hammer great to see u keep our competitive threesome alive an well an i'll post my wheel settings along with my time tnte, unless u want them b4 ?

i'm now off to redeem myself :sorry::wink:

Cheers Wekkie.. going to try a spell later with your ghost just to see how long before you are a distant dot *lol*. I think I am ok in the first sector but lose out a lot in sector two. Be interesting to see if we are still on the same part of the track after the first few corners.

I would like to see your full setup if you don't mind.. I had been running the fastest engineer setup with a few little tweaks, mainly to the gears but then got my fastest time (beating my previous by over 2 seconds) by switching to my own low downforce setup.

OK I have a confession, i have (rudely) neglected my duties as a RD Time Trialist by being tempted away to engage in some extra curricular online RACING :redface: as a direct result my time this week has suffered an i would like to ask the RD collective for their forgivness, an to show my genuine remorse, i plan to spend most of the time left to improve my current time of 137.5?? AMEN :tongue:

@Hammer great to see u keep our competitive threesome alive an well an i'll post my wheel settings along with my time tnte, unless u want them b4 ?

i'm now off to redeem myself :sorry::wink:

Mike, you can have my forgiveness.. but only if you promise to remain behind my time ok ;)
Whenever you can post them would be fine.. just interested to see how we all compare seeing as we seem pretty well matched. I am hoping to grab a few laps tonight.. but it will literally be a few as I am working all day and am unlikely to get a chance until after 7 at the earliest. I am pretty happy with my 1:37.183 though but even if not for this TT competition I am going to get some more time at this track testing out some of the fastest guys setups just to see how I fare.

Now stop reading this and get back on the track you slacker *lol*

wekkie you gotta be kidding right?? you saying your linearity is set to 100%?? i doubt its believeable..

well that makes 2 of us as mine is at 100% as is my throttle an brake saturation ! Hope u dont mind me saying that u can come across as a very negative an cynical person ! just because someone has a different setting to someone else, even if radically different, doesn't mean they are lying an think you're a bit out of order inferring they are ! But of course i understand there may be translation issues that confuse someones real thoughts !!!!

LOL i've just come back on here to see what YOU or others are using, i got my time 137.7?? (not saved my .5?? but plan to beat it anyway) with a 6/7 an different gears etc, what set up are you on Pete ? PS i tried your wheel settings an wanders to much with linearity so went a bit higher,

I actually switched to a low downforce which is 2/1 (I think off the top of my head). Can't check out any of the other settings now as I am at work and don't get home until later this evening so it may be too late to get to you before the deadline.
What linearity do you use Mike?

No worries m8, 100% lin for me, tho i'm chopping an changing a lot at the moment to get a stable car, but my brake an throttle sats r 100% aswell, i wanna go low but back end always steps out but i'll keep tryin to find that elusive set up lol, now get some work done whilst i reel in your time MMWAHHAHA

My wheel settings are as follows

Steering Deadzone 5%
Steering Saturation 100%
Steering Linearity 40%
Throttle Deadzone 0%
Throttle Saturation 100%
Brake Deadzone 0%
Brake Saturation 100%

Force Feedback
Enviromental On
Enviromental Effects 100%
Feedback Strength 100%
Wheel Weight 100%

Thanks for the info Mike. Definitely going to experiment a bit more with all these different settings. I have kept with throttle and brake saturation pretty much from day 1 and also put the steering deadzone at 0% very quickly. The linearity setting I changed after readiong that it was at it's optimum around 50% but think it's time to try something different now.

My back end stepping out is not something I struggle with too much, it's getting the braking right that tends to cause me a lot of problems as I tend to lock up too easily and slide off.

Good luck.. but not too much ;)

Just finished my last attempy and improved by a tenth to 1:37.083... image uploading now to Photobucket for inclusion here shortly...

Here it is:-
10012011365.jpg

@ Mike & Hammerpgh - It would have been a really good lap if I didn't mess up at the end, I race it and a 1:35.1 and Chris Rees, Chris blows me away at turn 6 never to be seen again but the 1:35 only beats me on the last two corners. That said I didn't get anywhere near it tonight. :mad:

@Chris - Do you turn on the turbo boost at 6? I'm can stay within a couple of car lengths of you from coming out of turn 1 until we go into 6, by the time I come out of 6 you're almost over the hill!

I'll need to check what my wheel settings are, I had to mess about with them because the default was uncontrollable. I'm planning a crude way of keeping my wheel and pedals still, I'm going to nail them to pieces of wood and then have a ledge for the wheel one to hook against the dining table and one for the pedals to get jammed against my small living room table. Nothing worse than getting to the second last corner just to have the wheel run away from you. BTW Mike, I can't notice a smell from my wheel, my sense of smell isn't the best though.

Here's my final time, Torg22, Hammerpgh & MIKA FTO are all still going so these may not be their final times.

http://i54.tinypic.com/1z34fwz.jpg

Ah well, it's not for lack of trying. Many frustrating hours trying to break the 1:34.xxx barrier, but no can do. :( And all because of turn bloody 11. Could never quite get it precise and fast enough, so the ghosts I was in front of up to turn 10 always swept past me after that. Grrr. Well, I made 2/1000ths right behind Michael Gray with a 1:35.202 :)

Attachments

• F1_2010_game 2011-01-10 19-58-19-08.jpg
    F1_2010_game 2011-01-10 19-58-19-08.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 257
*lol* I was racing your ghost and was right there with you until the right hander leading to the final two left handers and you just got away from me there. Good little battle though.

Good time there Graham.. I am more than happy with mine although getting into the 1:36's with that last lap would have been nice.

Going to carry on with this track for a while as it's a good challenge and I know there's a little bit more time in there somewhere ;)

Good job all :)

Switched over to Andrew's set up and i'm now around about 1:34.7. Very nice setup. Originally started on Bram's, then onto Tamas' and now on Andrew's. Feel a bit all over the shop using so many setups! Not had anywhere near as much time to run laps this last week as i'd have liked so i'm going to keep pushing and stick with A's setup.

Might also try out your wheel set up Andrew, using Bram's for the G25 at the moment but i do miss the proper workout the wheel is capable of giving! Need to get my sweat on!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.