F1 2010 Time Trial Week #10 Yeongam, Korea (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Time Trial Week #10 Yeongham, Korea (Dry)

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Yeongham, Korea (Dry)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Monday 10th January at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3​

I'll need to get a race against your ghost tomorrow before I decide, I was matching you without too much trouble last night and I've only had 2 hours on this track compared to about 40 at Melbourne, I just can't get it all right on the same lap. I'm liking your use of gears, although I find changing so dramatically after learning a track makes it difficult, I tried changing from the default 6 to Andrew's 7 on a wet Singapore and it took ages to get used to the gear changes. I'll see how it goes tomorrow though, may just give it a try. Thanks.

It just looks like that in the videos, I do actually brake 130-140m in first with Large/Medium and about 120m in the second corner.I have actually wondered how some can brake so late in the videos but now when I made my own I saw that too I understood it just looked like that in the video for some reason.Thx

Thanks for the clarification wekkie. Interesting how the video shows braking later than you're actually doing it. Well then, I eventually figured out the correct brake combo (same as yours) and I obviously do the same braking distances. All I have to do now is (try) and put a better lap together. :D

I'll need to get a race against your ghost tomorrow before I decide, I was matching you without too much trouble last night and I've only had 2 hours on this track compared to about 40 at Melbourne, I just can't get it all right on the same lap. I'm liking your use of gears, although I find changing so dramatically after learning a track makes it difficult, I tried changing from the default 6 to Andrew's 7 on a wet Singapore and it took ages to get used to the gear changes. I'll see how it goes tomorrow though, may just give it a try. Thanks.

Thing is even if you find, like me, you drive better with higher downforce, it may be to late for this track BUT there's always the next one an when you're more confident with your set up, you will push harder an improve, (well, after many invalid laps lol) forgot to mention a MAJOR factor in my humble improvement was my wheel settings ! i'll post mine if you're interested, good luck m8y, jus seen you come sign in but thought i'd let you get on without the distracting "Mika-FTO has sent you a message" pop up, at a crucial point in your hottest lap lmao,

wekkie, whatever you're smoking, I'll have some please. :D I tried your little trick of not braking but just downshifting at high revs to 4th going left into turn 9.
I get it to work sometimes but it's risky. I have to swing hard left much earlier. That can invalidate the lap if I'm too early, and if I don't turn in early enough, it invalidates the lap by going too wide on the opposite grass because I'm not braking. I can see how it would shave time off though.

Hadn't turned a wheel on the track until this week, really tough! Only had time for a couple short stints so far and on a 1:35.3. Struggling with turns 11 and 12. About to get put some time in just now, got some nice tips and hints so here's hoping i can get a 33! Tough battle going on at the top!

Well wekkie, I must say, whenever my ghost got ahead of me coming up to turn 9, the no brake downshifting got me past it. :D

Anyway, I've managed a 1:35.712 after a marathon session of frustration, shouting at my car, blood sweat and lots of tears, lol. It's turn 11 where I'm losing time, need to nail it better.

Attachments

• F1_2010_game 2011-01-08 09-35-54-20.jpg
    F1_2010_game 2011-01-08 09-35-54-20.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 191
Well the best I might be capable of is 1:34.xxx but I'm not optimistic. I was struggling to get below 1:36 and might have reached my skill limit. We'll see.

Well done for pushing that cheater californian guy down !:fwd2:

Okidoke, practiced a bit more this morning when i got out of bed, well i say this morning but more like afternoon.

Have now managed a 1:33.595. Im not to dishappy with that as im surprised i managed to knock nearly a second off my previous time. Annoying i was about 3 -5 tenths of a second up on this lap aswell on one lap going into sector 3 but manged to buggar up the last couple of corners, tried to do it again but got frustrated and ended up keep spinning into turn 1 hehe. I think i need to perfect my braking still...

Snapshot_20110108_3.jpg

Me being moderataly happy.

Snapshot_20110108.jpg

"Moderataly happy" Chris lol, nice time m8, so is that on xbox ? I can see your Tag but didn't know if you go on PC too ? would love to know your Wheel/car settings if ok ? my MS wheel is no good fot TTs now as paddles broke so can only use auto, which i actually dont like using now !

Ok Grif you got a fight on your hands now, I cant lose now it would be my fourth week in a row and I intend on keeping the weekly crown (Its nice and sparkly)

Im right on your heels now with a 1:32.362 but im spent for now. Tomorrow however is another matter all I got to do is manage to get out of bed to have another crack at it :p Hats off to you and Sviv if you guys never managed a 1:32 I would probably still be thinking oh yeah 1:35 im a driving god :p

Would love to knock just those few tenths off though and put cheater in his place.

Well im glad I carried on doing some more tonight cheater boy is now knocked off his perch

1:32.178

Tomorrows target has got to be a sub 1:31 me thinks good luck with this ghost Grif :p

Attachments

• Yeongam Dry.jpg
    Yeongam Dry.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 225
"Moderataly happy" Chris lol, nice time m8, so is that on xbox ? I can see your Tag but didn't know if you go on PC too ? would love to know your Wheel/car settings if ok ? my MS wheel is no good fot TTs now as paddles broke so can only use auto, which i actually dont like using now !

Cheers hehe, yeh that is on xbox. I think my pc would have problems running this game as it only just about manages browsing the net. I can let you know my wheel settings tommorow, nowt special i think and i dont use force feedback as my table will break.

As for car settings i will have to double check but i think i done that time with 3/1 wing, 52/48 brakes and large brakes with medium pressure. 60/40 weight distribution i think. Highish anti roll bar/dampers (whatever it is). Lowest ride height and nearly the stiffish suspension. Fast throtle mapping and all the allignment stuff is well over to the left. Gear ratios is all a straight line going downwards about 3 notched to the right.

Can i just say its a shame your having to use auto as a lot of the time is made up from the harsh downshifting and braking that manual allows.

MS official wheel btw

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back