F1 2010 Time Trial Week #10 Yeongam, Korea (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Time Trial Week #10 Yeongham, Korea (Dry)

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Yeongham, Korea (Dry)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Monday 10th January at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3​

Here we go! I was able to do 1:35.495 with Bram's setup. The top of the leaderboards in PS3 if I remember correctly is @ the 1:32's, OUCH!
korea.jpg

I just mustered a 1:37.083 in Red Bull. Knocked 2 secs off my best TT time, and there is more to get out of it yet though.

The highest xbox 360 time with no assists is 1:33.262 with no assists, custom setup.

RD'ers in my friends list who have set a time, current time as follows.... (not necessarily attacked in anger yet)

Me (Sir Jim of Slim) 1:37.083 (Red Bull) >*
Chris Rees (Torg22) 1:37.784 (Mclaren) >*
Justin Lindsay (ionlygotonearrm) 1:38.715 (Mclaren) >*
Tom Taylor (scfc taylor) 1:39.413 (Mclaren) >*
Marcel Campenaar (DutchFLC) 1:43.669 (Ferrari) >*
Kev Wardle (oneilsg140) 1:44.838 (Mclaren) >*

nice.. tamas is up there..
i should ask johnnyw to join this competition..

@roman5 - really dont think it be considered as a disadvantage. some ppl have found the ferrari to be better during turn in.. and redbull very stable.. i even tried the mercedes gp.. it was pretty good..

I just mustered a 1:37.083 in Red Bull. Knocked 2 secs off my best TT time, and there is more to get out of it yet though.

The highest xbox 360 time with no assists is 1:33.262 with no assists, custom setup.

RD'ers in my friends list who have set a time, current time as follows.... (not necessarily attacked in anger yet)

Me (Sir Jim of Slim) 1:37.083 (Red Bull) >*
Chris Rees (Torg22) 1:37.784 (Mclaren) >*
Justin Lindsay (ionlygotonearrm) 1:38.715 (Mclaren) >*
Tom Taylor (scfc taylor) 1:39.413 (Mclaren) >*
Marcel Campenaar (DutchFLC) 1:43.669 (Ferrari) >*
Kev Wardle (oneilsg140) 1:44.838 (Mclaren) >*

James > Is these TT times or just the fastest that someone has been around Yeonghang in any enviroment? I dont know what i set the time :S

You'll never guess but...... i'm currently uploading my very first recording of a lap (well anything) to youtube !!! its a big learning curve ie, getting the right lap from replay, to recording it on my iphone (so crap quality) to uploading it to youtube WOO HOO lol, its not a earth shattering time an was with a "Quick set up" but the point was for me to be able to put a vid up if anyone wanted to see a more, erm achievable time LMAO,

@James, have sent u a friends request on xbox, tho yr not obliged to accept it of course, if anyone else wants to add me or get me to add them just say,

OMG i do believe it's worked lol,

@Hammer, the time was 139.679, got the lurgy so will be havin a go later, an hopefully spend a bit more on this track. btw i dont know how long it takes snail-box to update the leaderboard but my 140.045 i think, was showin last time i looked but again, my personal best ghost i'm racing atm is the 139.

Well I've decided to have a go. Wow, no assists at all is a steep learning curve, because I'm used to a full racing line and medium traction. Fortunately, I'm used to no ABS and manual gears for my wheel, so that makes life easier. Also, I never tried yeongham before today, so I've got my work cut out. :D So I've spent the last few hours just learning the track with racing line, and now without any racing line. I've been watching johnnyw's video to see how he does it. After several hours I've yet to put a laptime down and not invalidate myself, but that's ok. I'm not after laptimes yet, just learning the track properly. If I can get a respectable time, I'll post it.

Hey Roman, welcome an don't worry yr not alone, there's a few of us who r still learnin the tracks as well as mastering the (much more satisfying an enjoyable) art of driving wit no assists, myself included, i didn't put in a lap time for the first couple of TTs but soon found thr wr others in the same boat, ie not superfast, an we have our own (if u like) little battle. if yr already use to drivin without ABS an using manual, yr over the worse imo lol, just enjoy it :D

Hey Roman, welcome an don't worry yr not alone, there's a few of us who r still learnin the tracks as well as mastering the (much more satisfying an enjoyable) art of driving wit no assists, myself included, i didn't put in a lap time for the first couple of TTs but soon found thr wr others in the same boat, ie not superfast, an we have our own (if u like) little battle. if yr already use to drivin without ABS an using manual, yr over the worse imo lol, just enjoy it :D

Heh thanks for the words Mike. I'm sort of over the worst yeah, although no traction control means it's taken me a few hours to learn how NOT to spin out :D Well, the only part of yeongham giving me problems now is how to take turn 11, it's very difficult, but I'm sure I'll find the knack. You're right though, it's more satisfying with no assists.

@Mike - nice to see a video by you.. if you dont mind, just a small pointer, u could actually try to brake a little more late.. oh and about the replay things. Hit the F6 button to hide the display controls from the screen..

@Roman5, it wont be difficult, the hardest change is probably from automatic transmission to manual.. just go easy on the throttle, just drive as you would drive a normal car, and once you get the confidence, i will tell you this, you can literally slam down the throttle..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back