F1 2010 Time Trial Week #10 Yeongam, Korea (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Time Trial Week #10 Yeongham, Korea (Dry)

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Yeongham, Korea (Dry)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Monday 10th January at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3​

@Roman5, it wont be difficult, the hardest change is probably from automatic transmission to manual.. just go easy on the throttle, just drive as you would drive a normal car, and once you get the confidence, i will tell you this, you can literally slam down the throttle..

Hi Fahad. Yeah, manual gears I've been doing all year with NFS shift and now F1, so that's no problem. I'm flat out whenever I'm confident of parts of a track I know, but I'm not confident enough yet on the latter part of yeongham. I've sort of half mastered this track now, certainly up to turn 11 I've got it fairly well down now. But from turn 11 I'm struggling to get enough speed there because I don't know those bits well enough and my exact braking points. They're a really tricky sequence of quick rights and lefts. Getting there though! :)

Heh, yep Fahad, I've been hard at it for 11 hours, 7pm to 6am, almost non stop. :redface:
Learned the track, and got used to no racing line and no traction. Eventually!
Finally got something on the scoreboard, I'll see what tomorrow brings. Happy enough for my first day though. :)

I believe I have to declare what I used. PC and Thrustmaster Ferrari FF wheel.
http://i54.tinypic.com/289epo4.jpg

Attachments

• F1_2010_game 2011-01-06 06-07-21-66.jpg
    F1_2010_game 2011-01-06 06-07-21-66.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 243
Thanks Chris, and hi! :) It's good fun isn't it. I've been ahead of my current ghost loads of times in the last hour, but I'm getting tired and the more I do it the more my ghost is now overtaking, so I'll probably take a break. I get too addicted sometimes.

Fahad, yeah, I just improved with a 1:37.173, so the 1:36's are around the corner. Just keep messing up when I'm ahead of my ghost, lol. Pressure! :tongue:

Morning all,

Managed to get a decent spell in last night and put down about 50 laps at this circuit. After the first 4 or 5 it was like 'OMG!!! I am never going to remember all those turns..' especially the twisty mid section!! My first full clean lap was around 1:55 *lol* but I gradually got it together and the times quickly began to fall. I was racing your 1:40.064 ghost Mike and was managing to be consistently ahead for the first sector but you blew me away mate in the twisty bits in those early laps… I'd gain some time back in the final sector but didn't think I would get that middle bit right for some time. I had a rest after my first stint of 36 laps with a best time of 1:40.110.. so close yet so far :wink:. Trouble was that when I went to the paddock to have a go at videoing the replay of that lap I got the dreaded not signed into the server message and was none too happy when I saw that I still didn’t have a time on the leaderboard!! That particular issue is really bugging me as it's happened several times now. Wasn't overly bothered this time as I knew I had a better time just around the corner but I know if I ever do put in a really good lap that I will be very pi$$ed if I find it doesn’t get uploaded :mad:

Anyway, I'm waffling… what's new I know!! Went back in and put in another 15 or so laps, getting very close to getting under the 1:40's.. I actually got a 1:38.848 but it wasn't valid as I put a wheel very slightly offline at turn 13 (I think..) :S Had a couple more close ones but then decided to have one final lap and viola.. got it all right… well, as right as I am capable getting it anyway :wink: a 1:39.247… ok it's still well off the quick guys but I was pretty happy with that :)

@Mike As I was shutting down the Xbox I noticed that you had come online so I am not expecting to be ahead of you for long :wink: Several times when I was running close behind our respective ghosts (your 1:40.064 and my 1:40.110) it was great to watch them having a virtual battle :wink: they were so close all around the track. One thing I did note was that you were taking turn 4 quite wide whereas I was taking it very tight and seemed to always gain time on you there….. might be somewhere that you can gain a few tenths or so.

@Ramon welcome aboard the TT Express…. or the TT chug chug where I am concerned :redface: You've made the right move to get away from the assists… I have enjoyed the experience so much more since I took the plunge and it was this TT competiton that presuaded me to do it sooner rather than later. You put in some impressive practice there mate.. and it certainly paid dividends with that time you posted, looks like you are going to be a bit advanced of the little battle Mike told you about that a few of us have going. But we are getting there :)

Cheers all..

I would definitely rather have it than not have it at all but I don't see what would be so difficult in giving the user the option to turn them off. I also think that maybe they should disappear a little quicker than they do when coming up to corners and you are right behind them.. that is where the problem with them really occurs.

Actually guys, for any of you that race on PC, this is what I do to get rid of ghosts and it works most of the time. You have to first set a PB on a track, and then beat that once. So just do a slow first lap, then beat it easily. Then move the PB folder out of the games main savegame folder to somewhere else such as a backup folder, but leave the autosave folder and files where they are.

C:\Users\yourname\Documents\My Games\FormulaOne/savegame/PB188003.000_e00008ecefe4850b_0

What I do is set my first laptime. Then I beat that laptime, (ghost is still easy to get past at this stage as it's usually when I've first learnt the track and nowhere near my fastest), and then I move the PB folders out. Then I can select any ghost to race from the leaderboard. What happens then is a message comes up saying 'ghostcar autoload failed' (meaning it can't find my PB ghost), and then it downloads the ghost I selected and then continues into the TT track I selected. Or I can simply not select a ghost to race, just get the 'ghostcar autoload failed' message, and then do laps with no ghost. I usually find that once I've beaten my PB again, a new ghost appears, but if I quit to the paddock and then go back in, it's normally not there anymore. If it is, you'll probably find another PB folder has appeared in your savegame folder which you can delete again. It's actually really quick to do once you know which folders to go to. You may or may not have success doing this, but it should work.

OK guys not sure if I am going nuts or what but prior to starting out on this track I went online and downloaded a map of the circuit to try to help me get to know it a bit better. However, the track I printed out doesn't seem to be the one we are running on. I have checked out several other places for a track map and am finding the same thing.. Has the circuit changed recently? For example at formula1.com they have turns 5 and 6 as a lef-right chicane followed by a hairpin.. this seems typical of a lot of the maps I am finding but in the game we have turn 5 as the right hander followed quickly by the left hander leading to another straight.
Similarly after turn one we have the quick left hander and then the the long straight with the two bridges followed by the tight right handed turn 3 then another staight followed by the hairpin.. the maps seem to have turn one followed by a short straight leading to a fast left handed bend onto another straight leading to the aforementioned chicane….
Am I missing something here!!!

just a quicky b4 i do the dreaded shopping,
@Fahad, thanx for the tip, i'm all for advice tht makes me faster
@Hammer, same as above an will get a good stint in later, i was actually racing online with some new buddies, the first time i've bothered on F1,
@Roman, BEHAVE lol, thts a good time m8, something for me pete an hopefully soon Graham to get our teeth into !!!!
anyway, TEMPUS FUGIT an all tht, check ya later guys

just a quicky b4 i do the dreaded shopping,
@Fahad, thanx for the tip, i'm all for advice tht makes me faster
@Hammer, same as above an will get a good stint in later, i was actually racing online with some new buddies, the first time i've bothered on F1,
@Roman, BEHAVE lol, thts a good time m8, something for me pete an hopefully soon Graham to get our teeth into !!!!
anyway, TEMPUS FUGIT an all tht, check ya later guys

Nice one mate... how did the online racing go.. been wondering about trying that out for a while myself. The Xbox Live Gold membership fee has put me off so far but I think they are doing a special offer at the moment so maybe time to take the plunge.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back