Thursday 13th August 2009 - Rally Monte Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.
That first stage, Plane II... Man, it's something else. With the thick fog, you really have to be on that brake a lot of the time. Beware, right-foot brakers!

I think the Peugeot is the best car.

• Bert Van Waes

I'll check it out now for the first time, monte Carlo.

I'll test some cars too Mark, wil get back soon :)

Peugot is stable and easier to handle.
Ford is very fast but can snap at times.
Subaru is a good mix of both, but as it's a saloon, it is slightly harder to handle on the icy parts of the road.

I dunno, they're just my impressions after a few minutes of driving them.

• Bert Van Waes

Yeah, the subaru feels very good, but once yr slipping, it's a long recovery time... The peugeout feels very good. No problems, same with hyundai for me. Our little Freddy car :D But again, a bit slower on the tighter places. And that's where Peugeout really shines. I like Ford too, but it needs some tweaking. You can get away from the snappy feeling by soften it up a bit Mark, and Remove 1000Kpa from front and a bit more from rear so the balance is also a bit to the front.

The others i did'nt try yet.

The stages are really scary in the fog, it's a bit more difficult to spot slidey spots and the tiny bit of snow near road is insanely dangerous... :)

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Not sure that I will be able to make it for this one, but I'll do some praccy as I'm hopeful!
BTW Thanks Bert for the bit of setup assistance. Since I'm new to the rallyesim scene, the setup options for a rally car are a bit scary. I almost don''t wanna touch for fear of making the thing undrivable! So any info on some setup tips for this mod will be appreciated.

In the mean time is the proper setup for the stage also installed by default as the tyres are?

• Andrew Evans

i barely dabble with the setup - and if i do - i only change the stuff i know from evo (steering lock, brake pressure etc) :D.... once it gets into diff maps and such like, i go cross-eyed and short-out....

best option for the setup is to develop it in the standalone game where you can save it and refine it.... when you run a stage in the rally online, you only have to load it up in the tune car section.... of course, you can still make changes and re-save the file online... but obviously it's easier to be prepared beforehand...

need to spend some time, myself, having a play with all the setup options... NEED MORE TIME!

do you want me to stick you on the list ivor? need id + intended session, if so...

I haven't changed much in the setups either, main things I do is to get the brake bias to around 65:35 and turn my steering lock up. Sometimes depending on the car class its good to change the gearing too, but most of them are fine so it doesn't usually need a change. Only other thing I usually change is lower the rear anti roll on the FWD cars as they seem to be a bit tail happy normally.

There are a lot more setup tweaks than most people are used to, but a lot of the knowledge from Evo can be used over here, especially on tarmac events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back