Thursday 13th August 2009 - Rally Monte Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( Monday was better.

Attachments

• RBR.png
    RBR.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 312
Ohhh man was flying.... then stage 7 lost concentration. Only did half a stage practise and conidering I think I did well but im so angry at myself for stage 7 and 8. Not happy but enjoyed it anyway.

Got to express my ego for abit anyways :good:

Thank you Mr Evans :)

Attachments

• Times Monte Carlo.jpg
    Times Monte Carlo.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 247
  • Andrew Evans

you don't need to post yer times unless you think the results are wrong... i cannae sit here and check them all one-by-one!

harsh but lovely for me... only 4/8 finishes... am setting some decent sector times... just need to find ze consistency!....

another brutal rally coming up next week... gonna post it in a bit... but the week after we're gonna try a 2-day format.. a tues and weds/thurs....

a do love a nice bit of rbr.... off to sort resultoes....
eusadancei.gif

That was awesome. My eyes hurt, wasn't blinking the whole time. The concentration required :p

Can't wait for next weeks end of the world rally.

Thanks a lot Andrew for organising these, finally something I'm good at lol. Great fun. Seeya next week.

I'll attach my times.
Monte Results.png

This was difficult!
I think I only had one stage without drama...

But something is wrong with the result for the first stage see attachment

Anyway good fun :male-fighter2::male-fighter2:

Attachments

• MonteCarlo.jpg
    MonteCarlo.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 254
  • Bert Van Waes

I loved it too, the second and third stage were awesome. I was on full focus there and it all went perfect, but the stages after that i was too confident and suddenly all was the opposite way. My co-driver suddenly said in between a hard chicane: "Hairpin" and immediatly after it yelled "straight!!". Coming out the chicane sliding all over the place, i rammed the throttle for the straight, only to suddenly feel smth coming up from the back of my head, saying "chicane" whilst flying into the bushes straight ahead. Man, man. This sim rules!

I fell off a cliff twice on SSE 5 it think. For the rest that stage was a blast, but those two drop downs looked totally noobish inbetween, haahaa, megafun these stages!!! It put France in a total new perspective.
I gave up on one, and like Buxton it was in turn 2, whamm, wright into a tree, only two stages in front of his i think...

While i was driving i was wondering how it would be with snow tires??
I didn't dare it to try it out, but hmmm.:curl-lip:

Grats Mark and Kodiak, i believe, but have to wait results to be sure, but my guesses are i'm third... Wooot :)

If i get the time in i'll make a video again, Cheers Andrew mate, this was a good one, it really came down to finding the limit while being rather slow and still on the edge. Rally how it should be! :victory:

Greets

If i had the speed I had on stage 7 and 8 I think I would of grabbed second.

LOL Adam, if only I didn't have connection problems and missed the first three stages, I might have .................... :violin:

We all have if "if only's", especially with this Sim. :smile-big:

For my first attempt at RBR , I really enjoyed this, but what a challenging Rally to gain my initiation. It would be great to see a couple more Oceania guys on TS with us for the future, but hopefully Peter, Cam and I can have lots more fun together. :in-love:

EDIT: Is there any way to list the cars driven in the results, it might be interesting to see what cars each of us were driving???

• Andrew Evans

EDIT: Is there any way to list the cars driven in the results, it might be interesting to see what cars each of us were driving???

not really, unf... cause some people chop and change motors between stages...

• Andrew Evans

i've never really given it much thought tbh... would the majority of you prefer that you have to stick with whichever car you start the rally with?

(i had been considering forcing everyone to use the same car for some events)

• Andrew Evans

nod... i hear that... ok, will update the ripper rally with this info.... :D

(this way we can also show the car in the results)

i've never really given it much thought tbh... would the majority of you prefer that you have to stick with whichever car you start the rally with?

(i had been considering forcing everyone to use the same car for some events)

Quite a good idea, I've only changed cars twice. Once was in the Finland rally where the Celica was 4WD and the others weren't and the other was Ireland - chose the Fiesta which seemed to like to spin instantly :p

The cars in RC_1 are all pretty equal anyway and there is nothing to stop you from testing offline to see which one you prefer :)

I didn't mean to start this debate (I'm the nooby here with RBR), but I'd like to see what other cars people are using, it adds an interest.
I'll always use the same car for each rally stage anyway, just for the realism, but I'll probably try out lots of cars from Rally to Rally, I love trying new cars out.
I used the EVO 7 for Monte Carlo and found it ok for the slippery stuff, but it seemed a bit under powered for maybe dry conditions.
Our Oceania group was good, Peter (Focus), Cam (Peugeot), and I (EVO) all had different cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back