This may be slowing you down without your knowledge

If you look in Custom_Shaders_Patch.log you will find the line:

"2022-03-24T19:43:24:415 [11640] | DEBUG | Python exception: FFBClip"

One million times or more. Every time it clips it writes a log. This happens every one thousandths of a second on some setups (esp G27-G29 who want heavy feel so don't mind clipping).

Is there any way to disable this FFBCLIP logging? I don't want my CPU cycles going to a realtime log every 1/1000ths of every second I sim

You should mind clipping. Once the FFB clips you lose all detail in the FFB and it's a constant force that doesn't change with suspension load until it stops clipping. I know the struggles of using a Logitech wheel (started AC with a G25 in my case) and trying to get good FFB out of it.

If you haven't yet, try the FFBClip App and a LUT file, that should give you max strength without clipping, which should also no longer create the log entries.

Oh and to answer your initial question ^^ You can disable logging in Content Manager under Settings > Assetto Corsa > System
1648157251271.png

Last edited:
It's actually a python error because of that app being installed, I can't really say why cause I haven't looked. I don't have it installed and get no log errors when my ffb clips. It's not necessarily related to the ffb clipping, that's just the name of the app. Could try removing the app or figure out why it throws an uncaught exception.

Last edited:
You should mind clipping. Once the FFB clips you lose all detail in the FFB and it's a constant force that doesn't change with suspension load until it stops clipping. I know the struggles of using a Logitech wheel (started AC with a G25 in my case) and trying to get good FFB out of it.

If you haven't yet, try the FFBClip App and a LUT file, that should give you max strength without clipping, which should also no longer create the log entries.

Oh and to answer your initial question ^^ You can disable logging in Content Manager under Settings > Assetto Corsa > System
View attachment 552459
Thank you. Yeah I know about the disadvantage of clipping. The thing is that I have been sim racing since 1993. I've also raced single seaters in real life. The problem with a G27 isn't the light default weight. That isn't the reason I want a heavy wheel setting and tolerate clipping.

It's because of SAT (Self Aligning Torque). I really need to feel what the wheel is doing in terms of SAT. (Centering). I have spent years tuning sims (and AC in particular).

I have tried LUT files, wheelcheck, Gamma 0.85. I have finally settled on something that makes AC feel very close to real life and on a par if not better than rF and rF2 (on a G27). I finally turned off all post processing in controls. Basically turned every artificial setting off (PP, center boost, experimental, gyro , filter, minimum force, enhanced understeer, soft lock.

The only things turned on are Hardware lock and road and slip (5% and 20%) and Auto-Adjust scale to match car's steering lock, and Basic and McPherson active in FFB Tweaks under settings-> CSP.

I am very happy with how the steering feels now on this old G27.

I will try your suggestion regarding turning logging off. I hope turning off logging for Assetto Corsa stops CSP from logging too.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea