Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience - Porsche 3.jpg

Porsche Cayman GT4, 911 GT3 Cup and 911 GT3 R.. these are the new Porsche models coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience in the next few days....

Porsche have made something of a sim racing comeback in the past 12 months, and next to join the growing list of simulations to feature the iconic German brand is RaceRoom Racing Experience, announcing no less than nine models from the marque will eventually make their way in sim, with the first three now confirmed and due to land sooner than you might think...

Porsche 911 GT3 R
RaceRoom Racing Experience - Porsche 1.jpg

Another model to enter the seriously impressive and growing line up of GT3 specification cars in RaceRoom Racing Experience. Powerful, agile and a serious pleasure to drive and race, the 911 GT3 R is one of my personal highlights from the upcoming DLC.
RaceRoom Racing Experience - Porsche 2.jpg

Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
RaceRoom Racing Experience - Porsche 8.jpg

Based on the many National and International one make trophy series, the 911 GT3 Cup is a perfect online car thanks to its forgiving nature and neutral balance, despite packing serious horsepower and having capabilities of producing some incredible laptimes. Caution advisable under braking thanks to a lack of ABS and somewhat flavoursome tendencies to get out of shape on significant deceleration zones, this is a fantastic addition to the sim.

RaceRoom Racing Experience - Porsche 7.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience - Porsche 6.jpg

Porsche Cayman GT4
RaceRoom Racing Experience - Porsche 4.jpg

One of the most interesting cars from the first Porsche DLC pack thanks to its introduction of GT4 regulations to RaceRoom for the very first time, the Cayman is one surprisingly difficult car to master despite its lower performance. Again coming as a single make trophy model, the Cayman packs significant punch despite its size, really giving drivers a tough workout behind the wheel, especially on cold tyres. I predict this car quickly becoming a bit of a fan favourite online.

RaceRoom Racing Experience - Porsche 5.jpg
RaceRoom Racing Experience - Porsche 3.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively to PC on a free to play platform with additional content available at a further cost.

Love RaceRoom? Want to share the excitement with your fellow community members? No worries, we have all this and more at the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum right here at RaceDepartment:
Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to some Porsche action in RaceRoom? Any particular stand out cars from the first wave of DLC you are looking forward to driving? What other models from the brand would you like to see included? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Hey folks,

My sincere apologies that the live stream scheduled for today (19/12) failed to materialise. Issues outside of our control meant unfortunately we all couldn't be together at the same time to make it happen.

On a happy note we are targeting tomorrow evening at 8pm UK for our next attempt! I expect it to be seriously hilarious watching me try not to spin that Cayman...

Further news will be posted on RD if and when we manage to get the stream ready for tomorrow (20.12).

Again sorry for the confusion :)

Paul, if the opportunity presents itself would you ask Sector 3 if there are any plans to be able to select cars to fill the field within a class, in particular the GT3R, for offline races?

I've been doing a few multiplayer gt3 races now that it supports tripples. Wow, great title. I've had a few odd crashes though, and an unusual incident when driving the AUDI R8, I use an SRH dash and for some reason selecting any gears between 1 and 5 makes the screen flicker like its on the limiter, doesnt do it with any other sim or car so far.

It feels like you are at a race weekend. I would like some kind of penalty for those who quit out after a couple of laps, but other than that, great improvement.

Paul, if the opportunity presents itself would you ask Sector 3 if there are any plans to be able to select cars to fill the field within a class, in particular the GT3R, for offline races?

Something like this? https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/locking-out-old-gt3s.9854/
How to isn't explained too good, but it seems to work. Reference/proof of concept video in here: https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...s-coming-to-raceroom.8706/page-23#post-137041

...other GT4 cars...

Although the Cayman we'll get isn't exactly a FIA homologated GT4 car ;) (the Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR would be)

Looking forward to this!
Loving the new GT3s handling and, with the sounds providing deeper immersion than the other sims, this title is starting to see more playtime at present and for the foreseeable future.

@Paul Jeffrey Any chance of asking them about Aston, Jaguar, Ferrari and Lamborghini licenses?
I mean, they just got Porsche, and I'm guessing they will pay for this license through DLC purchases, so really hoping a similar deal could be struck with the remaining marques as per other sims? ;)
Also, I know it's cheeky, but to make sure they have the full track line up for WEC and Blancpain series? soz! :whistling:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back