The Situation in Ukraine / Crimea

Well Crimea accepted the quasi protectorate of Russia as the referendum has shown, so now its Putins move. However I am not sure if the annexation of Crimea will do Russia good and Putin with his government seems to know that as they are caught between two stools. Putin wasn't clear about his next steps... so it is obvious.The Russian people of Crimea might desire to join Russia but it is difficult. Seen from a international standpoint, the referendum is most likely null and void. Almost if not none of the global community will accept the result of the referendum as it is against international law and therefore against the state sovereignty (statehood) of the Ukraine. Besides the modalities of the referendum are questionable too as a lot of the doings were put into fashion of Russia supported (not only) by Russian nationalists.

So as of yet, it is not clear what will happen. Reading the crystal ball won't prove anything.

Hopefully the crisis in the Ukraine does not escalate into anything further although the signs aren't looking good.

Fingers crossed us NATO nations don't get involved.

Oh boy. Guess there's a lot of misconceptions here. It's never good to only trust in western mainstream media. Nato nations... are already involved since the very beginning. What are you talking about? They are the reason why this overthrowing was possible in first place.

You do realize that the overthrowing of the ukrainian government, was initiated and executed by the NATO, Germany.. US. etc? Do you? They have now been replaced with an ultranationalist, illegitimate... unelected government. The aggressor here is clearly NATO/EU/USA. Not Russia.

And the same ultranationalists... and Western mercenaries are currently running through the streets and massacring oppositional civilians. As seen in the Odessa massacre from 2nd of May.

@Christopher Hall-Nelson posted an an eyeopener on Facebook today. **VERY NSFW** link **VERY NSFW**

This is becoming the same type of conflict as in Syria where I am not longer going to watch the news on mainstream TV but get my independent sources from the web.

Its propaganda all over again in a conflict that is getting dirtier every day.

The first World War started with assassination of one single individual in Serbia and we are now exactly 100 years further in time we have obviously learned zero from our own history.

Disgusting.

After that, I will probably say the obvious by stating that a civil war in Ukraine seems inevitable.

The war will probably take place in the eastern half of the country, especially Crimea.

The situation is getting way out of hand.

It seems like Russia wants to intervene, but, it will be met with backlash.

I hope the people of Ukraine remain strong in this difficult time.

EDIT - Look, I hate both Obama and Putin; they are not that different from each other. Obama is worse, though, and, I would be so angry if my country got involved in this mess, whether directly or indirectly.

The thing is, we could sanction Russia, but, it would have very little effect.

Sorry, I'm speaking rather incoherently.

Last edited:
@Christopher Hall-Nelson posted an an eyeopener on Facebook today. **VERY NSFW** link **VERY NSFW**

This is becoming the same type of conflict as in Syria where I am not longer going to watch the news on mainstream TV but get my independent sources from the web.

Its propaganda all over again in a conflict that is getting dirtier every day.

The first World War started with assassination of one single individual in Serbia and we are now exactly 100 years further in time we have obviously learned zero from our own history.

Disgusting.
I've got to add a little here, though not to say anything against your post, more, back it up.

Left right and centre, no matter where you look, the same hate, the same war and the same bullets get fired at the ordinary folk who only want to go to work every day, come home to their families, and feel safe.

The ordinary man/woman has learned from the past 100 years, and thats, the government, doesn't matter what country you are from, are all out to make money off of the hardworking masses, so they can spend it to making more money in such things like war and land grabs.

Whatever the ruling class do, its for their benefit, and to hell with everyone else.When it comes to helping to people, you can bet they have their fingers crossed behind their backs, knowing that all they ever do is to further fill their stomachs and wallets.

I for one say, **** them.

It is not right that our blood get spilt, our backs get broken and our families get killed, just so they can fill their coffers!
Never again will I spend one moment in support of a government whose agenda is to screw over foreign citizens as well as their own, when all it is for is money, but still have the nerve to say, we need to back those poor people up by selling them lots of weapons.

Filthy filthy money.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back