The Sim Index

To be honest, not really David. Your obsession in badmouthing a game on so many forums and sites isn't healthy and definitely abnormal.

People with a normal state of mind simply play a game, value it good or bad and in case of the latter they ignore it and move on. You however, take every opportunity on every website, forum, thread or post to repeat the same views over and over gain. YOUR views to be more specific and you confuse your views with the truth.

The level of frustration and time you spend on your counter campaign raises some questions: did you loose your job recently or did something else traumatic happened? (serious question, not kidding) It's certainly not healthy what you are doing and you make a great case study for gaming marketeers and psychologists for sure so actually you are doing at least a few people a favor.

Lets assume, not saying you are, that you are right and all the arguments you have raised over the last couple of months are the truth. pCARS is the worst thing that ever happened to the simracing community. What do you gain with your campaign?

- Do you sleep better at night knowing that you educated a lot of people?
- Do you really believe you can influence sales in a negative way with a one-man-show?
- Does it make you happy/a better man?
- Are you proud to tell your girlfriend/wife/parents/friends what you did today online operating under your real name?

The results of your actions, at least for me, have a negative result on how people look at you. I for one don't take you serious anymore at all.
Your sim index thread is hilarious and full with subjective views about how simracing games should be valued (in your opinion). I always see the same strange arguments about FFB, GTR Evo and the almighty best car of all times the F3000.

Maybe you should just develop a device that puts shakes and rumbles into your steeringwheel as I doubt you actually race anywhere with other people online (at least here you haven't raced with anybody before) but you just happen to like the vibration in the steeringwheel that gives you a pleasant feeling right?

Why don't you just stop pretending you are an expert in gaming as you make a complete fool out of yourself by posting so much nonsense on the internet (under your own name also) and confuse it with the truth.

You don't like pCARS and for sure a lot of others don't like it in the current state either. Same for me to be honest. I am skeptical since the early announcement of the game and the recent developments haven't changed my views at all.
Just like you I also don't think this is THE simulator we have been waiting for the last few years and yes I am also annoyed by seeing all the daily "news" about a screenshot build notes or whatever nonsense SMS is sending us through their (purchased) community channels but at least you have a choice to read them or to just ignore them. Just choose the latter and stop reading it and read what you do enjoy and at least give SMS a chance to come up with a decent final game first before making a final judgement.

If it's still SHIFT 3 at the time of release I will simply not buy it as I haven't enjoyed the first and second part of that series. Not buying a product is the best sign you can give to a developer.

Ranting 24/7 annoying the entire community with your truth doesn't and makes you no different to the people that announce the SMS truth all day either. Both are very annoying to read and respond to.

The thing is Bram, when I say truth, I mean what I genuinely believe, whereas it seems to me that the views of pcars supporters are either lies, exaggerations or based on what they hope it'll be, and as you know, there are other people across other forums who reject pcars as a sim, regardless of whether they know me, like me, dislike me.

As for me "pretending to be an expert", that's your term not mine, all I did was rate the games comparatively and used my own basic knowledge of cars and racing etc...nothing more....and as I've said before, people are free to reject anything I say and also crucify my opinions if they can.

I am not saying you are the only person nagging on about pCARS or what is a simulation or not. Both the haters and the fanboys have the same characteristics but only a small percentage of them take it to the next level where it becomes almost obsessive.

The later seems to be happening to you and I am curious where that comes from and what you are hoping to achieve with your campaign.

Normally I really don't care what people write on other forums or websites as that is really not my business of course. But if you take a look at the iRacing thread somebody here pointed us to, people are really disgusted with your behavior and they go way out of line to tell you that also.

Are you really enjoying that? Do you get a kick out of people being disgusted with your on going rambling and ranting?

Don't forget that you are posting with your real name David and that in the future everything you posted today will stay on websites until the end of times. At RD we have a real name policy for a few reasons and one of them is that the majority of the people all of a sudden starts to behave like adults when posting under their real names instead of their nickname.

In your case I really hope that a future employer will not Google you as your behavior now damages both your virtual as your real life reputation. Maybe something to consider?

I really don't mean the above in a bad way to bash you or something. I am just genuine interested why such things happen on internet forums and how it can be changed to the better.

If you would transform all negative posts in constructive posts in the future you actually contribute a lot to the this forum seeing your daily post rate.

Constructive contributions are valued so much more by our readers and members than repeating rant posts. Thats the part I labeled boring in the other discussion thread.

Anyways, thanks for the honest answer David :thumbsup:

The thing is Bram, when I say truth, I mean what I genuinely believe, whereas it seems to me that the views of pcars supporters are either lies, exaggerations or based on what they hope it'll be, and as you know, there are other people across other forums who reject pcars as a sim, regardless of whether they know me, like me, dislike me.

Well, at least you can admit that you are actually referring to your opinion when you say truth but hopefully you see the difference.

You do absolutely have a horribly biased agenda which can be seen across websites as previous posters have shown.

There are Project CARS supporters that have said the game is amazing with believable physics and the best FFB they've ever felt. There are also people who have tried it and it sucked for them. Those are all opinions but who is lying? No one. The game is in Alpha (not pre-Alpha, actually) and I have experienced builds where I wish they stopped tinkering with everything because it drove and felt amazing. A few builds later they had to implement new tire changes and everything falls apart. The devs rebuild, fix bugs, implement new features, etc.

Supporters are judging the game based on what they have played and what they hope it to be at launch, yes. That's called being supportive.

P.S. - A real sim gamer would reference Team VVV YouTube videos/updates. There's a guy that enjoys DiRT and F1 2011 as much as rFactor 2 and Project CARS and doesn't waste time debating tenths of points between game features.

P.S. - A real sim gamer would reference Team VVV YouTube videos/updates. There's a guy that enjoys DiRT and F1 2011 as much as rFactor 2 and Project CARS and doesn't waste time debating tenths of points between game features.

He's trying to make a living, and by including arcade games he broadens his audience, it hardly takes a genius to figure that out.

How is that VVV thing a point? Didn't enjoy F1 as it isn't realistic on throttle and brake. Dirt 1 had a lot of potential for a rally game but they went in a different direction to please the Ken Block and Arcade audience. Would I buy these if I had a ~ 10 year old son as a present? Maybe :) . Maybe I'd even buy it for Vita, and drive it casually, but the Vita F1 version isn't really that good.

And how exactly are you in a position to say what a real sim gamer would do? :unsure:

Everything is open to discussion, im my opinion using numbers in reviews makes it automatically hard to justify objectively, but (almost) everyone is using numbers to rate something. "His" F3000 isn't alive enough for me but I can see why he and other drivers like it. Then again I generally don't like light weight open wheelers that much, as he said you have to drive it technically but then dive into corners like mad for late braking to be quick. Not so good thing for me driving the car, while others like it. In S2U on the other hand there are a hand full of cars that are better then others, mainly due to no major bugs present. Some cars (and there are 100+) are aweful to drive if you push them. In that example for me the rating would differ by probably more then 10 - 20% just by the chosen car (and set-up), but as I said those numbers are really hard to quantify and probably always a bit subjective. Still the numbers don't change the review or in my case, what I simply state :)

Also NkP/FVA seems like a common dominator for both sim racers, modders and even developers as it has quite good vehicle dynamics and generally all cars and possible set-ups feel very polished.

He's trying to make a living, and by including arcade games he broadens his audience, it hardly takes a genius to figure that out.
And he seems to enjoy most of these games / sims. Nothing wrong with that, and also as I said on portable or even splitscreen multiplayer pure sims don't make that much sense for me anyway.

And he seems to enjoy most of these games / sims. Nothing wrong with that, and also as I said on portable or even splitscreen multiplayer pure sims don't make that much sense for me anyway.

That's fine, we're all entitled to like/buy what we want....for me at least, I favour sims because they work best with my steering wheel.

http://www.mediafire.com/?s50ouk252fd8isi

re-rf2's 1960's F2.

This is my G27 ini file with modified FFB effects.....make a copy of your original and then drop this into mydoc/rf2/userdata/controller..........then go ingame and LOAD this file which is named G27b90.

Like Simbin's great US Muscle Car Camaro and Dodge, the F2 is a tricky car to drive but very controllable, and given the F2 has the best FFB overall and without question the best simulated braking FFB, it's easy to understand why.

1960's F2 on the sim index....

1...physics.....9.6
2...steering precision 9.5
3...FFB.....9.65
------------------------
9.6/10.

This only relates to the F2, it's not a score which all rf2 cars would receive atm, but it's an extremely encouraging sign that given enough time, ISI's base content could easily contain the best sim cars ever made, and obviously this is my opinion and it should be stressed that I'm using a G27, speaking of which, I have no complaints about how the F2 feels at Malaysia or Spa using my G27 ini, ie, there's no excessive rattling whatsoever.

It literally only takes a few corners to appreciate how good this car is, and with the connected feel to the road, the quantity and quality of FFB, the beautiful feel on the front end under brakes and steering low/mid/high speed, it's easy to appreciate the fun factor of this car is extremely high.

rf2 and this car is interesting because rf2 still has the high downforce/heavy FFB slot, so at the right speed and on the racing line, the FFB loads up and the car has much more grip, but you're not always going to hit the spot and this is where you'll have to work the wheel and pedals to ensure the car does what you want.

The F3 is also an impressive machine, but I have doubts about the F1, in fact, I wonder if people have tried the F1 and went WTF, and bypassed the F2 for the F3, as to me, this is a ton more fun than the F3, maybe not at Monaco, but pretty much everywhere else.

Another thing to remember is that ISI have clearly been a bit sloppy wrt to the G27 and perhaps G25 as well, but in my case, the modified ini does the trick, especially with the F2/3, but if I had a CSRe+CSP's/T500, my FFB score would have to increase, as people with those wheels don't seem to need any FFB tweeks.

If I recall correctly, until a few weeks ago, you and others referred to this "fixed centre point" rotation problem with pCARS. There were even a few posts by a former (?) WMD member detailing his perspective on the problem in the Banned For No Reason thread.

The "floaty" sense and problems with grip some mention - any similarity between rF2 and pCARS then? And about the fixed center point thing?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back