The official F1 2012 launch thread

Found a couple more pictures of the Ferrari

ferrari1.jpg

ferrari2.jpg

Damn those sidepods are small. It´s been rumored that they have some very high-tech cooling solution for the inside of the pods.
Like a "paint" or coating sort of.

The car will also launch with ´11 front and rear wings. Probably to not give away anything until the tests.

Where do they shoehorn all the fuel in?
Yea it first of all should be noted that the guys drawing these pictures simply go by rumours and maybe 1% has actual inside information.

The last pic is overdone and unrealistic because of packaging :) But it gives you an idea of what they believe the car will look like.

Fuel sit´s in front of the engine behind the driver if i´m not mistaken, Ferrari put their KERS system inside the fuel tank as well.

I imagine the leading edge of the floor would have to be a little less square too?
Yea i think it will look more like the image above with an incorporated wing somehow.
It will be interesting to see what kind of effect the wings will have. If they are downforce generating or just cleaning up the air like we saw with the small wings on the Ferrari a couple of years back, 08?

One question though, will it be safe during crashes with such wings?
I actually came up with a second one, do you see this being banned by FIA before the first GP?
Yea they are actually part of the crash structure. That was why Ferrari had problems passing the crash tests from what i understand.

My guess is they are very strong in one direction but if it get´s hit at an angle then it will just absorb some energy and fall off.

It was the side-impact test that Ferrari failed on first time around, so you would imagine that the FIA would've paid a lot of attention to the side of the car on the 2nd test.

10787.2.jpg

Toro Rosso has confirmed that it will launch its new car - the STR7 - on February 6 at the Circuito de Jerez.

After the team announced that the new car had passed all of its crash tests and would be ready for the start of testing on February 7 it was clear that a launch would come before the first test. Toro Rosso has now confirmed that the car will be unveiled on the same day as Red Bull and Sauber, with Lotus also carrying out a media launch on February 6 following an online launch the previous day.

Toro Rosso has two new drivers for 2012 with Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne having replaced Jaime Alguersuari and Sebastien Buemi, and it will be Ricciardo who first drives the STR7 on the first day of the test.

Marussia is the only team to so far confirm that it will not be running at the first test, having delayed the launch of its new car until the final test at Barcelona. Mercedes will not launch until the second test but will be present in Jerez with a 2011 car to learn more about the new Pirelli tyres.

source

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back