The official F1 2012 launch thread

Thought we could gather all the info on the teams and their respective car launches in one thread.

Januray 26th
Caterham CT01 (forum thread)

February 1st
Mclaren MP4-27 (forum thread)

February 3rd
Ferrari F12 (forum thread)
Force India VJM05 (forum thread)

February 5th
Lotus E20 (forum thread)

February 6th
Red Bull Racing RB8 (forum thread)
Sauber C31 (forum thread)
Toro Rosso STR7 (forum thread)

February 7th
Williams FW 34 (forum thread)

February 21st
Mercedes W03 (forum thread)

If you know some more dates for the teams let me know,

Mod Edit: Added links to forum threads for people to discuss... JC

Potential look of the Ferrari nose. This confirms Domenicali´s thoughts about the car when he said it´s wasn´t pretty :)
I think it looks pretty cool ;)

670356937199c26561b3z.jpg

*Updated sketch that i think is legal,
6710465341_4ab73fe6b2_z.jpg

Lovely simulator as well!
http://www.f1talks.pl/2011/12/27/w-sercu-maranello-symulator-ferrari/

Just read the design above would be illegal but from what i´ve read, we can expect something similar :)
Yea dolphin was the first thing that popped into my head as well hehe,

The car passed all of it´s tests now aswell, they came in with a ultra-light chassis hence the failure but now everything seems like it´s good to go.

The noses on those pictures have pretty large turning vanes beneath them. Aren't those illegal in 2012 because the area below the nose cone must be free of bodywork? This is something I've been wondering for a while now because those are not the first '12 sketches with turning vanes on them...

On the aesthetics: Ugh. Lucky the one above is illegal. The one below is okay-ish though.

Thanks Chris,

It seems Ferrari is also developing their own version of the F-duct front wing that Mercedes "invented".
Hopefully all of these innovations don´t spread the top trio to much, i really want to see who´s the best man in as close to equal machines as possible.

Some new stuff about the Ferrari :) Very interesting stuff i have to say.

14764_ecco-la-ferrari-2012-con-soluzioni-rivoluzionarie.jpg

An article on omnicorse.it describes a preview of the new ferrari talking about exposed crash structures with aero function, narrwo sidepods with large footplate.

- comment on F1technical

Really intrigued to see the car now if it turned out to have exposed crash structures with aero functions.

According to the Gazzetta dello Sport and Omnicorse Ferrari that I will be presented Feb. 3 at Fiorano, will represent a clean break with the recent past.

The form of the new cars are impossible to imagine, but we can summarize the set of innovative solutions of which the project will be equipped Ferrari 663, applied by the group headed to Pat Fry and orchestrated by Nikolas Tombazis usually gave a hand to which the technical consultant Rory Byrne. Just Byrne studied for this car one of the innovative solutions which will be provided with the project: the deformable structures that need to protect the passenger compartment in case of impact (on account of this solution that Ferrari has taken longer than usual to overcome the imposed by the FIA ​​crash tests) in the area of ​​the car .. Until the 2011 season, these structures were cross dogs this year will be forfeited and carbon in real airfoils and aerodynamics play a role. The Technical Regulation allows to do this as long as the height corresponds to three and a half times the length. Simplify as much as possible the technical concept with an example: imagine two airfoils (with an incidence of up to 5 degrees) connected to the flow diverter which usually are on the outside of the sides and has the important task of hanging up the rear flows arriving dall'anteriore.

Even the sides will be an important addition to the project will be so close that does not exploit the full width afforded by this regulation (140 cm) but are higher than the previous layout. This design of the sides involved the complete renovation of the cores become more narrow and long hours. The objective of this particular form of the sides is to maximize the airflow towards the rear of the car to compensate for the reduction of downforce at the rear due to the abolition of the exhaust blown.

The Ferrari that we will see the presentation will take a very standard solutions of discharges: the terminals that will blow in the lower profile of the rear wing. In any case, we're already working to optimize this concept as they have done both McLaren and Red Bull. The purpose of the technicians from Maranello is to have the highest exhaust to increase the efficiency of the upper profile.

The sides will end very low by using pull-rod suspension and a new transmission from the vertical space at a premium.

Engineers have also decided to reintroduce the front suspension pull rod. This solution was no longer visible in Formula 1 from 11 years (2011 Minardi designed by Gabriel Tredozi). This solution makes it possible to lower the weight low and clean the area where the wheel, with sophisticated aerodynamic taken to apply the brakes, trying to better address the flow of air coming from the wing
front and feed the bottom of the car and then the speaker

Another important aspect that has influenced a good part of the project, the choice was built by Pat
Fry to have a more stretched out riding position with the belt line of the frame that does not exploit the maximum regulatory limit of 625 mm. The result is a hump of very limited connection with the nose that she will not be among the highest among those who see at the start of next season in Melbourne on March 18.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back