Cars The Need For Speed

Not proper tires yet (took them from the 512) but we have rims :cool:
screenshot013.jpg

screenshot015.jpg

Because I love making tuned versions of cars, would you mind if I collaborate with Jason to deliver some crazy 993 build as well? :thumbsup:
Well he owns the physics so I guess is not my decision. On the models side, I'll release the Carrera first, but the idea is to do the 4S and the Turbo at least, for which Jason has physics already.

Well he owns the physics so I guess is not my decision. On the models side, I'll release the Carrera first, but the idea is to do the 4S and the Turbo at least, for which Jason has physics already.
Pretty sure Jason will be fine seeing as we've collaborated before. More-so up to the project lead to okay it. ;)

Reactions: SVS
Yeah, that :coffee:

That's easy, the 4S is a turbo without the turbo engine and rear spoiler. Most people just don't know about that. Before the 993 Porsche sold a WTL package which literally means 'factory turbo look' so you get the visuals but not the engine :). 993 4S has turbo optics without spoiler, it has all wheel drive and turbo brakes but engine is NA with a tune to 320hp.

I live it exactly because it's so pointless .

There are probably a few more differences than that, this being Porsche, but yes, that's essentially what the S is. The S and 4S, however, weren't released until '96 and '97, which puts them out of the scope of the rest of the NFS cars, which are all 1994/1995 models.

Personally, I would prefer to keep the NFS release to just the two Carreras, with the Turbo/Ss in a separate download like we did for the Diablo SE30 Jota. I'm not really in love with the idea of distributing extraneous models or upgraded fantasy S1 type stuff in the core packs. Primarily a matter of staying on-theme with our "official" cars, but also being mindful of download file size.

I fully support all the other stuff as standalone downloads, though, and I'm willing to do an S/4S if Dan wants to model them. Same goes for any variants @Kyuubeey has in mind. (Arch, one really useful thing would be replacement physics for a '94 FD to replace Kunos' Spirit R, and maybe a '94 Supra. As it stands now those two aren't the best fit, and you're the JDM wizard.)

Speaking of tires, what brand/model of period correct tires would be for this one?

Oops, somehow missed this question... From a Porsche TSB:

Approved Summer Tire Manufacturers and Types
205/55 ZR 16 - 245/45 ZR 16:
Bridgestone S-02 N3
Continental Sport Contact N1
Michelin MXX3 Pilot SX N2
Toyo Proxes F1S N0

Edit - It also has lists for the S and Turbo, when the time comes.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 50 36.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 80 58.8%