The "let's get Ross to spend all his money" Thread

Moin Moin,

Wollte mich mal umhören ob wer von euch ein T300Rs Besitzt und mir seine Einstellungen in RaceRoom geben könnte? würde gerne welche haben um mir das Handling in rennen zu vereinfachen

Mfg

Mod Edit: RaceDepartment is an English speaking website. When posting on public message boards, please use only the English language.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moin Moin,

Wollte mich mal umhören ob wer von euch ein T300Rs Besitzt und mir seine Einstellungen in RaceRoom geben könnte? würde gerne welche haben um mir das Handling in rennen zu vereinfachen

Mfg
You need to use english in the forums.
Du musst Englisch in den Foren benutzen.
You're looking for Thrustmaster T300R settings in RaceRoom.

For what it's worth, my current settings (based on the RealFeel profile available in the mods section) I'm more or less happy with, except I think I still need to tweak the strength as with these, some cars are quite heavy and others quite light:

Overall 90 %
Constant, periodic, spring, damper 95 %
Auto center by the game

In R3E:

FF Intensity 100
Smoothing, spring, damper 0
Steering force intensity 85
FFB Minimum force 2
Understeer 75
Vertical load 60
Lateral force 50
Steering rack 100
Slip effect 40
Kerb vibrations, engine vibrations 0
Shift effect 15

You have a T300 now @Martin Fiala? What's your opinion of it? The reason I ask is because I had a go on my housemates VR / T300 setup in AC yesterday for 30 mins or so, and it felt pretty good. He's away so I have all weekend to have a play, but he doesn't have R3E so I'm just curious for an opinion on how it feels in this sim. Wondering if it's finally worth replacing my trusty G27.

@Ross Garland Yeah, I upgraded about a month ago. There's a thread in the hardware section where I've discussed the upgrade and I also posted some first impressions there. In short, it surprised me in lots of ways, because it was quite unlike what I've expected. I'm amazed by how much it feels like driving a real car with real tyres and steering rack and not like using a FFB gaming controller, which is how I'd describe the DFGT. And the "dynamic range" of the forces is also much higher, so there's a lot more difference between light forces and strong ones. The upgrade didn't certainly make me faster (in fact the opposite might be true, though it might also have something to do with replacing pedals first with the T300 stock ones and now with the G25 and also getting used to a different feel), but it definitely feels so much better.

Also it's so much quieter, which I really like since I usually race late in the evenings or late at night.

As for the difference in R3E, I think it pretty much follows what I've just mentioned - it feels more like a real car and there's more dynamic range, so the FFB feels more real and more refined, but obviously it's still the same R3E FFB and I would say the difference of AC FFB on DFGT vs T300 is more or less about the same as the difference of R3E FFB on DFGT vs T300.

Thanks for the info Martin, detailed as ever. :thumbsup:

I'm still in two minds at the moment. A T300 is definitely an upgrade to a DFGT, but I'm not sure if it's a definite upgrade to a G27. I spent a lot more time on my housemate's rig yesterday, and since I was over the initial amazement of using VR for the first time, I focused more on the feel of the wheel. It definitely felt pretty good, but then I jumped back on my own rig for the race last night and was blown away by how much better mine felt.

Trouble is, I was playing AC on his and R3E on mine, and I've always preferred the FFB in R3E. I don't have AC installed right now to do a direct comparison, and even if I did a difference in 'feel' might be down to his personal settings rather than the wheels themselves. I'd love to stick his wheel on my rig so I could have a proper play about, but since it's all bolted to a play seat that isn't really an option. :(

Oh well... to be honest, I've just spent a fortune on a bunch of other hardware specifically for sim racing, so perhaps a new wheel should be left for another day.

Or another year. :p

I went from a G25 (Which I used to love) to a T300,I've kept my Nixim modded Logitech pedal cos the TM basic pedals are Toy pedals :D,But the TM Wheel is a massive improvement,Its Quieter,Smoother and @Ross Garland you can add an F1 wheel rim ;).Great piece of kit for the money and definately a step up from Logitech.

Well, it looks like a compromise would need to be made somewhere. With VR taking up three USB ports and my G27 + Bodnar pedals taking up two more, that leaves none for the shifter if it was separate. Well, there are two on the front of my rig but they've become dodgy as hell. Only really any good for USB powered things, not for an actual data connection. :(

I recently upgraded from G25 (bought in 2010) to T300RS and I think is a great improvement. Only negative thing is the pedals. It's hard for me to get used to the T3PA, even with the conical rubber mod. In fact, I've already decided to buy a Clubsport V3 and sell the T3PA.

It's funny. Technically speaking, I've made no decision on whether to get a T300 because upgrading to VR cost me a bloody fortune. However, I seem to have bought myself a USB hub which I currently have no particular use for... :O_o:

Edit: Yeah, who am I kidding? Bought.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back