The "let's get Ross to spend all his money" Thread

Moin Moin,

Wollte mich mal umhören ob wer von euch ein T300Rs Besitzt und mir seine Einstellungen in RaceRoom geben könnte? würde gerne welche haben um mir das Handling in rennen zu vereinfachen

Mfg

Mod Edit: RaceDepartment is an English speaking website. When posting on public message boards, please use only the English language.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats for the new wheel, I'm sure you'll enjoy it! :thumbsup:
considering some kind of play seat to get me away from my desk. :roflmao: (It would need to be a fold-away thing though as I don't have room for a proper one.)
Have a look at the Playseat Challengethen; I got one with my T300 just a year ago, and I don't regret it! It is really comfortable, even with long sessions. Very easy to fold and move away, even with the wheel and pedals attached to it. It is really cleverly designed. It is of course not as rigid as a real play seat, I sometimes feel the vibrations from the wheel through the seat; but I find it brings some extra immersion...:p

Thanks @alexSchmurtz! When I ordered my wheel on Amazon yesterday I was looking at exactly that. It looks perfect for what I need but is a lot to pay if you're not sure it'll do the job or not. Sounds like it does, so maybe I'll check my dwindling bank account and make another purchase. :cool:

(And if it's rubbish, I'll come back here and blame it all on you!)

:D

Well, it was definitely worth upgrading from my G27 to a T300RS. The difference isn't subtle, it's literally night and day. Very smooth FFB even with vibration and bump effects, things which make the G27 rattle like crazy. I'm sure my housemates will appreciate the relative silence on race nights from now on. (Except when I make my customary howls on making a mistake, of course.) ;)

As for the playseat... what's another few quid going to matter after all this expense? :O_o: If anyone else is interested in the one Alex linked to above, it's much cheaper if you buy it on Amazon.

Edit: £25 for an h-box mount, which is essentially just a metal bar?! Time to get creative. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
@Ross Garland I don't know how strong you like your FFB,If you like it strong and you like your thumbs attached to your hands don't put them through the wheel :roflmao:.Glad you're as happy with it as we are with ours :thumbsup:.
Thanks, I thought that might be the case. It's strong as hell if you crank it up, but right now I'm using a slightly modified R3E default profile. Feels really good to me so far, though I'll still have a play and see if I can make it even better. :thumbsup:

I wasn't sure how big of a difference T300 makes coming from G27 as opposed to the DFGT. Good to hear that it's also quite substantial.
Yeah, it really is substantial. The more I drive with it, the more I'm noticing effects that I never felt before. I feel much more connected to the car, which can only be a good thing. Also, because I'm not braced for the inevitable G27 rattle, I'm more relaxed which is making my driving smoother in general. Very impressed so far, and I think I've got the FFB dialled in as I like it now. :thumbsup:

I have a cheap wheel stand pro if your interested Ross, but you would need a seat to go with it.
pm me if your interested.. ill even drill the base plate to fit the wheel.
Thanks for the offer Rupe, but I already ordered the Playseat Challenge which will arrive tomorrow. (Gotta love Amazon Prime.) That wheel stand pro was the other option I was looking at. Seems like a good bit of kit for the price.

Make sure to force the fan on when you use it too....it will help prolong the life of the motor and help prevent ffb fade during a session.
It has a built in automatic fan that kicks in at a certain temp, from what i gathered from an article I read a while back.....when the motor hits the temp required to trigger the fan it will cut a bit of power to protect the motor which will result in weaker ffb till it reaches a safe temp.

Make sure to force the fan on when you use it too....it will help prolong the life of the motor and help prevent ffb fade during a session.
It has a built in automatic fan that kicks in at a certain temp, from what i gathered from an article I read a while back.....when the motor hits the temp required to trigger the fan it will cut a bit of power to protect the motor which will result in weaker ffb till it reaches a safe temp.
Great Tip,I wasn't aware of that,Done,Thanks :thumbsup:. (Button 8 & Mode,Light will flash twice,will stay like this unless reset by the same process,the light will flash once)

Thanks for the tip guys, very helpful! :thumbsup:

The only problem with getting hold of all this new equipment (apart from a significantly smaller bank balance) is that I wont be able to blame rubbish gear for being slow anymore! :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back