The ideas, wishes & suggestions thread

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
This is a thread for general ideas, recommendations, wishes and suggestions you all might have for GSC Extreme, Formula Truck & future Reiza titles, or even for Reiza in general.

The goal is to concentrate all good thoughts such as this recommendation about the MR18 windshield or this about mirrors, along with wishes / suggestions such as which cars / tracks you´d like to see in a single place us devs can go for inspiration :)

Forum member Leon_90 has kindly created a fairly extensive survey here - if you may take the time to fill it up, we´d also be interested in the results.

While not all suggestions (and certainly not all wishes) might be doable for the current titles, we´ll try to absorb as many of the popular ideas as we possibly can as we move foward.

EDIT: We will exceptionally allow posts in portuguese in this topic, for the sake of keeping all ideas in the same place.

Excepcionalmente postagens em português serão permitidas neste tópico, para mantermos todas as idéias no mesmo local.

Last edited:
Hello, Reiza! I am really enjoying your game. I've been (mostly) away from "real" sim racing for some years, but I am glad to have found SCE. (I will definitely buy Formula Truck soon, too.) SCE, specifically, got me to dig my PC steering wheel out of storage.

Here are some things I'd like to see in future updates:

• Ghost cars in Test day mode. In lots of other games, I personally find having a ghost car in testing a great help in seeing just where I need improvement in a lap.

• I really like your choice of using somewhat obscure tracks and would like to see that trend continue. I think your new tracks will be Kyalami and Imola (?), and I think that's great. Tracks like Spa, Brands Hatch, and Sepang (just to name a few examples) are very common across lots of racing games, it seems to me. The way you've given attention to less-famous circuits is just one of many things that I like about your work.

• I love the Karts. To me, they are just as trilling and compelling as anything else, so I'd like to see more Kart facilites.

• I'd like to see more info about the tracks both in the main-menu session setup screens and on the in-session screens. I guess specifically I want to see the track length, and in-session I want to see the track name and length displayed prominently somewhere (up near the "Practice", "Qualifying", etc. headings?), maybe even with the track's official logo. To me, it would not only be useful, but also add to a sense of location.

• While on the track, I'd like to be able to use more than one information gadget. That is, I want to see maybe my sector timing and car status both at the same time. (Also, it seems that in the past there were real-time controls for moving and resizing the mini-map while on the track? I'd like to see those become functional again.)

• From post #107 above, I want to second the motion for more TV-like "smart replays" that highlight exciting action that occurred during the race like on TV, even if it was between AI cars and the primary player wasn't involved. It just sounds like it would make more replays worth watching.

• Also from post #107 above, I second the motion for having some kind of career mode that spans multiple categories. Maybe you start in Karts, progress to Minis, then to Formula Vee or something, etc. There could possibly be branching paths that you choose along the way which ultimately lead to either Stock Cars or Formula One.

• Variable weather would be great, too.

• Mid-session saves would be really handy. It would be nice to Practice & Qualify, then come back and Warm-Up and Race later. Saving in the middle of a long race would also be welcome.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Since we're daydreaming, how about *two* options for a career?

- A "tin top" one: karts -> Mini -> Camaro -> Marcas -> Opala -> Metalmoro -> StockV8

- an "open-wheel" one: karts -> Vee -> F3 -> Retro -> Classic -> V12 -> Reiza -> Extreme

Or just a mixed mode with everything, you know :)

I think that could be quite fun. There are some caveats (the Vees, Opalas, and Retros, especially, since they're arguably harder to drive than what comes next), but still.

I think Reiza should add the real head motion plugin or design a similar head motion tool for GSCE. After trying this plugin I can't understand why I didn't notice how important this feature is on immersion 10 years ago. Currently however the "g force roll" feature in the RHM plugin is not working for rF which is a shame but even still the effect is a must have type thing IMO.
I 200% agree !
After 1 year of gaming on Assetto Corsa, I wondered how GSC has changed and why i was no longer playing it. The reason is simple RHM.(RealHeadMotion_plugin)
In Assettto Corsa there is an option: Lock to horizon. and I find that a fantastic option, but not as much as the plugin of MagicFr (RHM).

Unfortunately without this option I am not able to play long period without nausea. (I changed the slider of the head motion but it's not like the plugin).

I find it sad because back after 1 year I was pleasantly surprised how this game is fun. FFB is top (i own an OSW steering wheel). Not too greedy on the graphics card, and what about the AI? almost perfect, it seems to compete against humans!

I really hope you add this option soon. This game is wonderful !
Thanks
Eric

http://magicfr.changeip.net/RealHeadMotion/RealHeadMotion.php

Last edited:
I recently discovered this game, and I like it. I play AC for over a year, now also a few hours GSCE, and here are my first impressions and suggestions:

• UI improvements
    • skip intro movie with mouse click
    • in dialog windows, map 'ok' to Enter key
  • in multiplayer server list, show servers which I cannot join - eg. because of mods I don't have - in a different color, or rather make a filter to hide them.
  • improve HUDs
    • smaller fonts, sharper graphics, smaller graphics. These days, fullHD or better screens are common, but the current HUDs look upscaled from low resolutions.
    • show more info at the same time; I would like to see at least the timings and temperatures/wear at the same time. Modded HUDs don't work on my Steam install so far.
    • live delta gap to next/prev car is nice but doesn't have to be displayed in thousands of a second. Tenths is fine.
    • show live delta time to your best lap, like you see on real F1 steering wheels. AC has apps for this, and it's very useful to improve laptime and compare setups.
  • on the timing screen, show sector times for each driver without having to right click. This makes it easier to follow whats happening during a session. Also, drivers in pit could be displayed in a different color (I think GTR2 has this).
  • smaller name labels above cars. Steady; no jumping up and down. Add current driver ranking.
  • auto clutch behavior: in powerful F1 cars, allow wheelspin instantly when in first gear and flooring the throttle. Now it's hard to do burnouts or a quick 180.
Thanks! :)

SUPERTC2000
descarga.jpg
imgTapa.jpg

Bit late to the party and Reiza is giving us stuff faster than i can think of new ideas, but here i go.
A fix for the stuttering introduced in 1.20 was at the top of my wishlist, along with automatic steering lock & Marcas in SCE. Stuttering is fixed already (game runs smooth as butter) and the other two points are confirmed, so only little i can think of to make it the perfect sim.

• A form of penalty (shift-break or clutch slip for example) for using paddles in cars with an H-pattern, immediate sequential-like shifting should be impossible.
  • Automatic skin sharing online.
  • A realroad-like dynamic racing line would be nice.
  • There can never be enough tintops with such fantastic physics, still counting the hours to the release of those '86 Opalas.
Am I the only one who feels the need for a ridiculously powerful AWD compact car with Reiza quality physics? :D
Slam on dirt sections on some of the tracks and bring us Rallycross, pretty please :inlove:.
There wasn't anything good with AWD on the sim market since RBR, this is the most glaring hole in all of simracing right now and it would perfectly round up SCE to the ultimate package.

Big thanks for your stunning work with constant updates and for listening, Reiza :thumbsup:
Best sim on the market keeps getting better while we wait for the "next gen" to be anywhere this good (to be fair, recently rF2 is coming along nicely too, though).

sema_2012.jpg

What's this all about? - http://simracingoz.com/?page_id=1959

UPDATE- 24/3/15
The Indegogo Kickstarter program will kick into LIVE status within 24hrs. This will ensure we will be able to get the Financial requirements needed to finish the Mod program.

UPDATE-22/3/15
REIZA Studios have changed there [sic] support to the Project. Previously Reiza Studios were going to work on the "Holding" and put it into the GSCE Game and then SRA were to bring the 4 other cars as a pack to join it. But Reiza decided that the time to do this will impede the whole Project as well as Reiza's other plans for Cars and Tracks. So Reiza Studios will now be providing the Physics and Sounds with Official Licensing to SRA for official use and SRA will bring the whole 5 car pack as a Mod for GSCE.

Aussie V8 touring cars perhaps?

What's this all about? - http://simracingoz.com/?page_id=1959

UPDATE- 24/3/15
The Indegogo Kickstarter program will kick into LIVE status within 24hrs. This will ensure we will be able to get the Financial requirements needed to finish the Mod program.

UPDATE-22/3/15
REIZA Studios have changed there [sic] support to the Project. Previously Reiza Studios were going to work on the "Holding" and put it into the GSCE Game and then SRA were to bring the 4 other cars as a pack to join it. But Reiza decided that the time to do this will impede the whole Project as well as Reiza's other plans for Cars and Tracks. So Reiza Studios will now be providing the Physics and Sounds with Official Licensing to SRA for official use and SRA will bring the whole 5 car pack as a Mod for GSCE.

Aussie V8 touring cars perhaps?

"Holding" and 5 cars pack?! Sounds like V8Supercars to me! :rolleyes:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes