The ideas, wishes & suggestions thread

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
This is a thread for general ideas, recommendations, wishes and suggestions you all might have for GSC Extreme, Formula Truck & future Reiza titles, or even for Reiza in general.

The goal is to concentrate all good thoughts such as this recommendation about the MR18 windshield or this about mirrors, along with wishes / suggestions such as which cars / tracks you´d like to see in a single place us devs can go for inspiration :)

Forum member Leon_90 has kindly created a fairly extensive survey here - if you may take the time to fill it up, we´d also be interested in the results.

While not all suggestions (and certainly not all wishes) might be doable for the current titles, we´ll try to absorb as many of the popular ideas as we possibly can as we move foward.

EDIT: We will exceptionally allow posts in portuguese in this topic, for the sake of keeping all ideas in the same place.

Excepcionalmente postagens em português serão permitidas neste tópico, para mantermos todas as idéias no mesmo local.

Last edited:
Here are some of my ideas:

- when you start a race with fast rolling start you only get car control after the green flag. Imho it would be good if the ffb would be turned on as soon as you are in the car. That way your front wheels would be pointing in the right direction when the green flag comes. Now the wheel turns freely and the ffb comes on only after the green flag which means you don't know where your wheel should be pointing until it is time to go flatout.

- I'd be really glad if reiza took a look at the way the engine handles the view motion when in cockpit. I've been sim racing really long and only in isi based sims I've suffered from this lack of visual feedback. It feels to me a bit like the view motion doesn't take tire deformation (vertical and lateral) into account or something else. Or maybe the car body roll isn't quite correct. The more stiffly sprung the car the more impossible it becomes for me to feel the car. Ffb helps but compared to other games to me it feels something is missing.

Just for clarification though I'm running the game with all the cockpit view movement turned off just like I do in every other sim. This way I get direct feedback from the car motion but in isi based sims I'm not getting it for some reason.

- more historic race cars. Early 90s skyline and r500 from atcc, 70s sportscars (bmw csl 3.0, chevys, jaguars, fords, minis), 80s imsa gto cars and late 80/early 90s imsa gto and gtp cars (300zx turbo, audi imsa gto...) and older trans-am cars.

- something like caterham r300/r500, ariel atom or some other trackday type of lightweight car. Anything with too much hp, no slicks, and no wings would be great! If the atoms and caterhams lisences are too expensive or not available then go the locost route.

- being able to set resolution and antialiasing from the game (no launcher)

- marbles, dirt spreading onto the track when a car goes off and comes back on to the track

- I'd like to see some reiza made apps (lap time estimator, helicorsa type of app from ac). I say reiza made so that people won't make unrealistic apps. Having the apps made by reiza would also make it possible for the server owners to not allow certain apps for example. And app is just a gui screen which you can place where you want that shows additional info while driving.

- some modding support. When browsing the online hosts screen somehow indicate a server is using content that you don't have for example. Just like in ac if the server for example has a track I don't have then make the name of that track red.

- it would be nice if there was just a button in the setup screen for "add race fuel" that would add enough fuel to complete the race. I think the game already knows how much fuel it will take to complete the race so having a button would simplify it. If someone still wants to fiddle with the fuel he can still do it too. Just a simple ease of life improvement. All too often races start with people wondering how much fuel you need... no need for that.

- show both horizontal and vertical fovs. Some games use one, other games use another and it is kinda confusing if you are used to one but the game uses another. So in the settings menu show the fov like this for example: fov: 35 vertical / 62 horizontal. Equation for that is here: http://wiki.panotools.org/Field_of_view. I'm not saying make both adjustable independantly but just show both numbers.

Some of this may have been said before in this thread but I didn't read the whole thing so sorry. I'd like to see some of my favorite things from AC.
1) Adding minimum force, I don't know exactly what this does but it made my G27 have less deadzone in AC so I imagine it could work here too.
2) Some type of FFB clipping tool to see if you're clipping and preferably a plugin like the FFB app from AC which tells you what force to use.
3) I read that they are working on the game automatically setting the steering lock ie. keep your profile at 900 and the game does the rest, hopefully this is still being worked on.
I'm not trying to turn this into AC, I just like these things that AC has added and I think it would make SCE even better and I'm sure they're working on other things I haven't even thought of.

1) Adding minimum force, I don't know exactly what this does but it made my G27 have less deadzone in AC so I imagine it could work here too.
+1 for this. There's really not much you can do at present to alleviate G27 deadzone, short of turning FFB strength up in the profiler (which doesn't work that well and ends up making the wheel fight itself).

Bit late to the party and Reiza is giving us stuff faster than i can think of new ideas, but here i go.
A fix for the stuttering introduced in 1.20 was at the top of my wishlist, along with automatic steering lock & Marcas in SCE. Stuttering is fixed already (game runs smooth as butter) and the other two points are confirmed, so only little i can think of to make it the perfect sim.

• A form of penalty (shift-break or clutch slip for example) for using paddles in cars with an H-pattern, immediate sequential-like shifting should be impossible.
  • Automatic skin sharing online.
  • A realroad-like dynamic racing line would be nice.
  • There can never be enough tintops with such fantastic physics, still counting the hours to the release of those '86 Opalas.
Am I the only one who feels the need for a ridiculously powerful AWD compact car with Reiza quality physics? :D
Slam on dirt sections on some of the tracks and bring us Rallycross, pretty please :inlove:.
There wasn't anything good with AWD on the sim market since RBR, this is the most glaring hole in all of simracing right now and it would perfectly round up SCE to the ultimate package.

Big thanks for your stunning work with constant updates and for listening, Reiza :thumbsup:
Best sim on the market keeps getting better while we wait for the "next gen" to be anywhere this good (to be fair, recently rF2 is coming along nicely too, though).

View attachment 85836

Now Rallycross is something I'd love to see. I'd like to see how it would compare to the new DiRT Rally RX...

Tracks
More historic venues (rF2 uses Reiza’s Interlagos, can they not borrow ISI’s Spa, Monza & Monaco?)
Historic Bologna & Kansai sans chicanes
More national, less well known, circuits

Cars
GT
V12 ‘Ferrari’ Retro car to run alongside the V8’s
50s & 60s style F1
Open-top sports car (Radical type)
50s & 60s sports car
Small open-wheeler (Skip Barber/Formula BMW style)

Features
Save game between sessions
Custom championship
Auto-lift/blip option expanded to work with all shift types (on/factory/off setting - and for ABS and traction control too)
The option to set a default steering lock other than 14°
Ability to access more than 3 USB devices
Reiza tracks to appear in mod installation
More championships, with a greater span of tracks used and less repetition
Option to enable DRS after 1 lap for short races/long tracks
Better AI - at least stop them power oversteering out of control all the time
An option to control the AI spread
AI adjust value for all tracks (+/-), to better balance AI performance on different circuits
Virtual start lights (or audible start sounds on all tracks)
Single lap qualifying option

UI
Change mod selection to a list so that we don’t have to page through all the options to get to the one we want
Fix ‘All Cars and Tracks’ so that it works with all mods, and add the facility to select opponents to all mods, as in rFactor
Show Qualifying times after the race.

What I've never seen in any Sim is the AI following the flag signals. Especially overtaking (and if needed slowing down) under yellow and being passed under blue. This would be something I would really like to see, but I don't know if this would be possible with this engine. In my opinion, it's these little things that really push immersion.

I might be in the minority in asking for this but I'd like to see better triple screen support added to GSC2013, if at all possible.

I currently rely on SoftTH to be able to use my 3 monitors + bezel correction ( I run 1x24" + 2x17" side monitors ), and I've no idea if it'll work in Win10.

The recent triple screen config additions to rFactor2 have brought it close to Assetto Corsa levels in triple screen support, and once the in-game gui is added into rF2 it'll be ideal.

Here's hoping something similar can be added into GSC2013, Reiza's next sim, or both :), as I don't hold out any hope for NVidia adding mismatched resolution support to Surround anytime soon, and unless AMD pull out a miracle with enhanced drivers for the Fury X to make me switch back to Eyefinity again, I'll be sticking with my 980 Ti for quite a while I feel.

I have mentioned before a telemetry plugin to make Motec style data logs... Now that the fundraiser was a smashing success, would it be possible / practical to purchase a Motec license? Then we could have spot on telemetry analysis for this game and I would hope for the next.

Edit: I think Motec is the industry standard .. but maybe there are other companies that do similar things that Reiza could make a deal, maybe some adverts in game or logos on the liveries type thing.

Last edited:
I have mentioned before a telemetry plugin to make Motec style data logs... Now that the fundraiser was a smashing success, would it be possible / practical to purchase a Motec license? Then we could have spot on telemetry analysis for this game and I would hope for the next.
Yes please!!! Make it work in GSC and next tittle. And also make it get correct damper data, one of the things I miss when EEC moved from GTR2 to GSC is the MoTeC working properly, it's taking ages to do my setups and they are not as good :cry::cry:
(yes I'm using the data plug in, but it's not the same thing)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back