The Formula 17 is just way too easy to drive???

I just bought the premium pack today, Raceroom is my favourite game for just a quick blast or race. I was looking forward to the new formula 17 car but it was just way too easy to drive, does anyone else find this? I run with all assists off (except clutch) and the traction just feels way too good and the brakes are too easy (meaning i barely lock them at all) does anyone else share this experience of the car??

A car with enough aero to drive upside down and massive fat sticky slick tyres has "too much grip" you say??! I don't believe you. It should feel like being on ice... ice = real...

The car is based on this years F1 car with a V10 engine, mainly because the fans want the old engine noises and it also means Sector 3 are less likely to get flagged for licensing, since it is based on this years car it is a reasonable assumption for TC to be off

I mean, this is almost entirely off, but that's alright.

you are literally posting suffer that isn't needed, to basically be a tw*t.

From an outside perspective, the projection is strong in this statement. Maybe take a step back for a while and relax :p

As for the car itself, TC is reversed as pointed out above. It is quite strong by default. If you switch to 25% or less and put up top times, that will be impressive.

The car is certainly a handful when you really push and go for truly fast times. This car, more than any other will quickly lose lap time if you make a small error or slightly mis-time your turn in point.

And in my opinion, setup changes make the biggest impact on laptime in this car in the game. Without a proper setup that is track specific, you will not be anywhere close to getting the most out of the car. And this is quite a joy to discover. Figuring out what sort of setup a track takes to really be fast and get the most out of your laps. :)

Just for some fun, I'll post some of my times if you want to try to beat them.

At Hungaroring: 1:17.033
At Shanghai: 1:34.528
At Hockenheim: 1:12.202
At Silverstone: 1:27.653
At Nurburgring: 1:29.191
At Sonoma IRL: 1:07.818
At Spa: 1:42.663
At Red Bull Ring: 1:05.808
At Suzuka: 1:28.902

I would be quite impressed with anyone that beat my times at Hungaroring or Sonoma IRL. Those will require definite setup changes and some effort. Im pretty sure the FRX-17 wont feel completely easy when trying to beat some of those :)

Cheers

I must say i'm so obsessed with the WTCC 2017 championship (if only WTCC in real life was as exciting as the game) that i don't play with many of the other cars but after this thread i made a point of doing proper laps in the F1 car and IMO it is fantastic and up there as one of the best F1 gaming experiences for me. I will look forward to seeing how far off i am of those times above!!

But yes turn off TC and then push rather than just 'drive' and it can get squerly..

@natedogg1867 I'd add my 5:09.803 at Nordschleife (that's with default setup), if it wasn't for the fact I don't really consider that being all that fast and it's only #35 at the leaderboard at the moment. I'm pretty sure even I could shave a few seconds off of that still. But it still was one of the most insane experiences I've ever had in simracing by quite a large margin.

I mean, this is almost entirely off, but that's alright.

From an outside perspective, the projection is strong in this statement. Maybe take a step back for a while and relax :p

As for the car itself, TC is reversed as pointed out above. It is quite strong by default. If you switch to 25% or less and put up top times, that will be impressive.

The car is certainly a handful when you really push and go for truly fast times. This car, more than any other will quickly lose lap time if you make a small error or slightly mis-time your turn in point.

And in my opinion, setup changes make the biggest impact on laptime in this car in the game. Without a proper setup that is track specific, you will not be anywhere close to getting the most out of the car. And this is quite a joy to discover. Figuring out what sort of setup a track takes to really be fast and get the most out of your laps. :)

Just for some fun, I'll post some of my times if you want to try to beat them.

At Hungaroring: 1:17.033
At Shanghai: 1:34.528
At Hockenheim: 1:12.202
At Silverstone: 1:27.653
At Nurburgring: 1:29.191
At Sonoma IRL: 1:07.818
At Spa: 1:42.663
At Red Bull Ring: 1:05.808
At Suzuka: 1:28.902

I would be quite impressed with anyone that beat my times at Hungaroring or Sonoma IRL. Those will require definite setup changes and some effort. Im pretty sure the FRX-17 wont feel completely easy when trying to beat some of those :)

Cheers

Just beat all those times :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back