The Formula 17 is just way too easy to drive???

I just bought the premium pack today, Raceroom is my favourite game for just a quick blast or race. I was looking forward to the new formula 17 car but it was just way too easy to drive, does anyone else find this? I run with all assists off (except clutch) and the traction just feels way too good and the brakes are too easy (meaning i barely lock them at all) does anyone else share this experience of the car??

Not me. Most open wheelers are a handful to me, but these really are. Maybe grippy compared to RF2 or Ice Racing but that should make for better racing imo.

I think TC is at 60% by default. I checked it myself when I was finding it impossible to lose the rear. Put it on 0% and the car is much, much harder to drive. Other than that, I agree with Martin. These cars (and most modern F1 cars in most sims) are very easy to drive... but driving them fast at the same pace as the real guys do is somewhat harder. (and I can't do it, so...)

I think TC is at 60% by default. I checked it myself when I was finding it impossible to lose the rear. Put it on 0% and the car is much, much harder to drive. Other than that, I agree with Martin. These cars (and most modern F1 cars in most sims) are very easy to drive... but driving them fast at the same pace as the real guys do is somewhat harder. (and I can't do it, so...)
That's a relief, I assumed that on the "get real" setting all cars would be set to the same as the real life counterparts, i'll turn the TC off :)

you're totally missing the point of the post, but thanks for your input
You're perfectly welcome. So what was the point of your post? You started talking about how you'd expect the car to be set up the same way as the real life counterpart, which doesn't exist considering it's a completely fictional car, so I'd be the first to admit you certainly lost me there.

You're perfectly welcome. So what was the point of your post? You started talking about how you'd expect the car to be set up the same way as the real life counterpart, which doesn't exist considering it's a completely fictional car, so I'd be the first to admit you certainly lost me there.
The point is obvious, did anyone else find it very easy to drive, why are you trying to be a troll on a simple post, it's not helpful trying to belittle someone.

OMG. I'm not trolling you or (good grief) belittling you, I'm just pointing out the (I'd think) obvious. You started talking about how you assumed the traction control on the car to be set certain way according to a "real life counterpart". I simply pointed out to you such assumptions don't make much sense, given that the car is completely fictional, and while it is indeed created to be kinda sorta like a reimagining of a modern F1 car, it really is not a modern F1 car as it has an engine that F1 cars haven't been using for 11 years now, so why assume it is a perfect copy in every other way? For all we know, should F1 cars be using V10 engines now, they might very well be using traction control - there's no way to tell as it obviously never happened.

Anything else above that only happened in your head, sorry.

OMG. I'm not trolling you or (good grief) belittling you, I'm just pointing out the (I'd think) obvious. You started talking about how you assumed the traction control on the car to be set certain way according to a "real life counterpart". I simply pointed out to you such assumptions don't make much sense, given that the car is completely fictional, and while it is indeed created to be kinda sorta like a reimagining of a modern F1 car, it really is not a modern F1 car as it has an engine that F1 cars haven't been using for 11 years now, so why assume it is a perfect copy in every other way? For all we know, should F1 cars be using V10 engines now, they might very well be using traction control - there's no way to tell as it obviously never happened.

Anything else above that only happened in your head, sorry.
The car is based on this years F1 car with a V10 engine, mainly because the fans want the old engine noises and it also means Sector 3 are less likely to get flagged for licensing, since it is based on this years car it is a reasonable assumption for TC to be off, you are literally posting suffer that isn't needed, to basically be a tw*t. My original question was did other people find it too easy and several people pointed out that some TC is on as default, your comments are not needed. Bye

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 5.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.5%