Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ferrari SF70-H Introduction Video 3.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have created this nice little video introducing new Assetto Corsa car the Ferrari SF70-H, the latest Formula One machine from the legendary Italian outfit.

Released September 19th for the PC version of Assetto Corsa, the Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC pack would contain six premium Ferrari models from the long history of the Italian brand, plus a special community voted car that controversially turned out to be the 2017 Formula One championship challenging SF70-H of Sebastien Vettel and Kimi Räikkönen.

Although the inclusion of a modern day Formula One car hasn't met with universal excitement from the often vocal Assetto Corsa community, it is a very impressive feat for a reasonably small team such as Kunos to secure a licence for a car that is still very much in the fight for the current Formula One World Championship.

As such, Kunos have created the below cinematic trailer for the new car, available now as part of the Ferrari Celebration DLC on Steam, with Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to follow in future weeks.

Want to know more about the Ferrari collaboration? Don't forget to check out our interview with Stefano Casillo here.

Introducing the Ferrari SF70H, available in Assetto Corsa's Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC pack in response to community votes...

The 63rd single-seater designed and built by Scuderia Ferrari to take part in the 2017 Championship is born out of a regulation change that is without precedent in this category of motor sport. In the past, regulations generally went in the direction of slowing the cars down. However, in 2017 the rule changes went in the opposite direction, meaning ...the cars can have more aerodynamic downforce and more mechanical grip.

There are several differences between the 668 project and Ferraris from the recent past: the lengthened nose and the arrow-shaped wing are a consequence of the regulations, as is the obvious fin on the engine cover and more complex aero appendages ahead of the air intakes on the sidepods. The layout of some of the mechanical components on the hybrid power unit has been revised, while other areas maintain a similar layout to the 2016 car.

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

Assetto Corsa Ferrari SF70-H Introduction Video 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ferrari SF70-H Introduction Video.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ferrari SF70-H Introduction Video 4.jpg

Assetto Corsa and online racing = Love! Check out our brilliant Assetto Corsa League and Club racing forum for great racing events suitable for all skills and experiences. We host regular events using popular content and guarantee a great time for all. Additionally we have a very active sub forum for the game where players can catch up on the latest news and engage with fellow community members here at RD. You can download mods from our modding archive, discuss W.I.P projects in our Modding Discussion Forum and try out a selection of car setups for a wide range of vehicles. Come on, get yourself involved in the action today!

How are you finding the 2017 Ferrari Formula One car in Assetto Corsa? Which is your favourite piece of content from the Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
So just how many tracks you need to race this? I can name at least 6 offical F1 tracks in AC: Barcelona, Monza, Silverstone, Imola, Red Bull, SPA... Mod wise, you can download all F1 2017 track too.

I guess your lack of inspiration to at least race this beast properly @ 1 single track is the issue!

Yep, 6 isn't enough to fight off boredom for me. I don't do modded tracks as I stated in a previous post. I once used mods in AC but they kept getting broken every time the game was patched so I stopped because it wasn't worth the hassle. To each their own.

Well, there are mods that break often, but tracks aren't it. That's more for replacing stuff that's not meant to be modded, like editing original skins. Closest it gets is AI lines needing updates.

I don't see how 6 original tracks is a small amount though (what does rf2 have, just Silverstone? not that it even has a 2017 F1 car). Your options are either "be bored" or "modded tracks" no matter which sim you use.

Last edited:
Since I'm no longer using mods in AC, I had to resort to Google to identify others that have had mods broken more recently than two years ago. This one was one year ago and there's several other Google hits that have turned up more recently even if the cases were less wide spread.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/244210/discussions/0/312265327168178550/

I honestly don't understand why you would think its impossible for mods to be broken more recently than two years ago. Depending on the mod, whether its a car or track, or something else, its always possible for it to be broken with the latest update since mods only use game code that is relevant at the time the mod is released and its on the mod creator to update the mod if a patch changes any of that code.

Either way, this is off-topic now and I'm not going to keep pulling this thread away from topic to debate this. It clearly does happen as you and I have both stated and its my choice if I don't want to use mods, not sure why that's an issue for you.

I honestly don't understand why you would think its impossible for mods to be broken more recently than two years ago. Depending on the mod, whether its a car or track, or something else, its always possible for it to be broken with the latest update since mods only use game code that is relevant at the time the mod is released and its on the mod creator to update the mod if a patch changes any of that code.

He is not saying this. You said that mods, "kept getting broken every time the game was patched", and this is blatantly and factually wrong.

But, what does reality matter when someone complains on the internet. Facts dont matter online :p

He is not saying this. You said that mods, "kept getting broken every time the game was patched", and this is blatantly and factually wrong.

But, what does reality matter when someone complains on the internet. Facts dont matter online :p

It's cool man, I guess I've been playing AC much longer than you have. There was a time during the super long early access period where mods were getting broken almost every other patch. I understand if you came a long when the game was fully released and don't remember those days.

What I stayed was absolutely factual just clearly before your time.

But your drama is irrelevant. The sound for mods had to be updated some times because of changes to Fmod. But this has nothing to do with tracks as track mods were never broken due to any game update.

Did I ever once state in this thread that I stopped using mod tracks because they were being broken? Please go back and read my posts very carefully. If you still don't understand after reading more carefully, I'll quote it for you.

It's cool man, I guess I've been playing AC much longer than you have. There was a time during the super long early access period where mods were getting broken almost every other patch.

once again, because it seems that all the repetitions above did not get the message across.
This is simply not true. In the course of the life of AC mods got broken max 2 or 3 times, every time it was due to updating FMod which we have no control over and doesn't have a retro-compatibility built in system.

Every change we introduced during these years has kept retro-compatibility as long we had control over it.. with FMod, being a 3rd party library, we couldn't guarantee this. Because the update was necessary to fix some bugs we found in FMod and they fixed, the choice was between:

1) update fmod to fix the bug but require modders to simply re-save the banks with the new version
2) keep the bugs

we obviously went with option 1.

Also considering that, since the first public version of AC and including "the super long early access period" (which wasn't super long at all compared to what other titles are doing, nor compared to the plans we had about it btw) we had a total of about 37 major updates for AC, with a very conservative average "minor update" count of at least 3.. putting the guesstimate amount of patches at 111 and, considering that the amount of times that "mod got broken" is hardly reaching 2-3 cases.. saying "broken every other patch" means you fail to grasp very simple arithmetic concepts such as divisions.. perhaps you should work on that before attempting statistical analysis of any kind.

That is if you have any interest at all in truth and facts.. if not then nevermind, you can go on and pull random numbers out of every orifice of yours and hope nobody will notice, it's the internet afterall, most people actually won't notice it.

Last edited:
It's cool man, I guess I've been playing AC much longer than you have. There was a time during the super long early access period where mods were getting broken almost every other patch. I understand if you came a long when the game was fully released and don't remember those days

Attacking the person is always a good idea when you dont have anything else to respond with ;)

But let's help you out some more. AC was only in access 1 year. From November 2013-December 2014. I wouldnt consider that 'super long' compared to other early access games that are going on 3 years. *ahem* wreckfest. And yes, I was around during early access and was very pleased with the progress.

Also, if we go back in time to 2014, there were hardly any mods that were even available back then, as that was when modding was first starting. And no, mods werent breaking at all during this time period.

Mods were also only ever broken for a few shorts months in 2015 as was just mentioned above when FMOD needed to be updated.

All that needs to be said about topic that now.

What I stayed was absolutely factual just clearly before your time.

:rolleyes: :poop:

Fmod was only introduced in the game in the last months of early access. At that point there weren't many car mods if any at all (the legit ones), although there were many rf1 track rips.

So saying that early access updates broke mods is flat out wrong. Fmod started to be updated by the devs after the game was released. There was also an update that broke cars due to aero ini or some other file. But the rest was just because of a couple fmod updates (not all fmod updates broke the sounds for mod cars)...

... besides, Kunos also had to update all their cars every time the mods broke. They could have just stopped supporting the game like some modders stopped supporting their mods.

To be fair, even if you consider the updates that broke something, they never came in quick succession to constitute a drag, not to mention the fact that they usually brought something with added value, so an updated mod usually benefitted from it. Plus if a modder has already put hundreds of hours into his creation, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a 30-minute update after let's say six or eight months. Unless of course you're a hard working scumbag churning out 10+ Forza rips a day...

Anyway, we're heavily off-topic.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back