AC Modding Questions Thread

Decided to take a look at driver animations today. I got greeted with this in Blender.
The dummies move, the mesh is independent tho. Is this normal?
unknown.png

I have an issue with career events. I am trying to create a race session where you need to finish 1st, 5th or 10th to get gold, silver or brown but I can't get ac to give out those "medals". Both ac and cm show something like 1/6 and only hotlap sessions seem to be rewarded correctly.

My event.ini looks like this, would anyone know why is it not working? I don't have any errors in any logs. The event works fine otherwise. Are you required to always have opponents.ini even if it is not used at all?
Code:
[EVENT]
NAME=even name
DESCRIPTION=story

[TEMPERATURE]
ROAD=30
AMBIENT=22

[RACE]
TRACK=horsmav8
CONFIG_TRACK=full
MODEL=ks_glickenhaus_scg003
CARS=22
AI_LEVEL=100
FIXED_SETUP=0
PENALTIES=1
DRIFT_MODE=0
RACE_LAPS=7
ARM_FIRST_LAP=0
SKIN=macchina2
MODEL_CONFIG=

[GHOST_CAR]
RECORDING=0
PLAYING=0
SECONDS_ADVANTAGE=0
LOAD=1
FILE=
ENABLED=0

[LIGHTING]
SUN_ANGLE=48
TIME_MULT=60
CLOUD_SPEED=0.2

[GROOVE]
VIRTUAL_LAPS=10
MAX_LAPS=30
STARTING_LAPS=0

[TEMPERATURE]
AMBIENT=28
ROAD=36

[DYNAMIC_TRACK]
PRESET=4
SESSION_START=98
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=20
SESSION_TRANSFER=80

[REPLAY]
FILENAME=
ACTIVE=0

[WEATHER]
NAME=6_mid_clouds

[SESSION_0]
STARTING_POSITION=15
NAME=Quick Race
TYPE=3
LAPS=7
DURATION_MINUTES=0
SPAWN_SET=START

[CAR_0]
SETUP=
MODEL=-
AI_LEVEL=100
SKIN=0_mimetic
DRIVER_NAME=Mark Schroeter
NATIONALITY=
MODEL_CONFIG=

[CAR_12]
SETUP=
MODEL=-
AI_LEVEL=100
SKIN=macchina1
DRIVER_NAME=Miriam O'Foe
NATIONALITY=
MODEL_CONFIG=

[CAR_1]
SETUP=
MODEL=mercedes_sls_gt3
AI_LEVEL=100
SKIN=ALL_INKL_38
DRIVER_NAME=Vinnie Punteroni
NATIONALITY=
MODEL_CONFIG=

...more cars...

[CONDITION_0]
TYPE=POSITION   ; TIME / POINTS
OBJECTIVE=10 ; time in milliseconds

[CONDITION_1]
OBJECTIVE=5 ; time in milliseconds

[CONDITION_2]
OBJECTIVE=1 ; time in milliseconds

The series ini looks like this:
Code:
[SERIES]
CODE=ABC
NAME=event name
DESCRIPTION=more description
REQUIRES=
POINTS=0

[GOALS]
POINTS=0
TIER1=1
TIER2=0
TIER3=0

OK so if I wanted to start creating a fictional circuit, say somewhere flat like a desert to avoid complicated scenery (looking at Western Sahara/Iraq/Jordan/Uzbekistan), I have a couple questions for starting.
1 - What software should I use? I have blender, and also unity if I need that. Are they okay? Will I need anything else?
2 - I'm presuming I need a plane/terrain platform thing to start. Am I right? How do I do this?
3 - Is there a way of getting assets I can use? Do I need to make them myself? Which objects on the map even are assets?
I'm so new to this but I really want to get into it. Sorry if my questions have been asked a billion times.

Does anyone have any clue why the only window where transparency works correctly in the editor is the rear right one?

U8HSJSy.png

I did have an issue with the front side windows. They were parented to the door so I resolved that relationship and 'unparented' all windows, checked normals, checkes direction of inside and outside windows, only exported the outside window, no matter what I do I can't get the transparency to show correctly.

vFkOrAL.png

Could be draw order issue.I don't remember how to fix it exactly but there is the reorder button in sdk and maybe it used the priority parameter...

Did you press the transparent on button on the materials tab?

Edit, I don't see the buttons on your screenshots for some reason, but I mean these:
OvBTUdI.png

Ok i think I've had this problem before and asked about it but cant remember the solution -

AI for my mod pitting on final lap, just before crossing the line. Why? And it seems to be only for very short races (2-3 laps, 4 seems fine).

The log after the race indicates they are filling up enough for the whole race no problem, but yet they still pit for fuel anyway. I've made sure the fuel_cons.ini is set properly, and as such in the log shows they know roughly how much fuel they need. What else controls this? I can't for the life of me work it out.

This shows their fuel before the race, its a 2 lap race, they have enough for 3 laps *1.2, which is plenty.
upload_2019-7-11_10-25-51.png

The guess of 0.46l/lap is actually more than they actually use (0.35l/lap), so its not like all of a sudden they are using more fuel than predicted.
upload_2019-7-11_10-27-57.png

And this shows them pitting on final lap, adding negative fuel (or for some other AI its just zero).
upload_2019-7-11_10-29-58.png

Edit*

Ok the answer seems to be just be super conservative with the fuel consumption estimates. Downside is AI now are carrying more fuel than they should possibly need, but at least they bother to finish the races without getting paranoid about running out!
The fewer laps, the larger the deviation from the 'true' consumption needed it seems. For example I was able to get it so they would complete a 2 lap race (before 3 was the min), but it wasn't enough for a 1 lapper.

Last edited:
i can't find a guide in the pipeline for the shift animation, it must me some precise frame number? I've done it but it's really fast, and fiddling with ini doesn't give me decent result

done with 1.7 rigged body for 3ds, wow that's super!
I have a problem with dash lights, they work on shaders patch, but not normally. the material or mesh has to have some requisite to emit light?

CSP has the feature that F1 car tires will change color to match the compound. For me this works with SF70H, SF-15T and F138, but not with RSS Formula Hybrid 2018. I tried reinstalling the config but it didn't help. How do I get it to work with this car?

@Hoksu Last time I've checked some auto-downloaded rss tyre texture configs weren't ok (haven't the rss fh18 to test). Go to their sellfy and download the "RSS Shaders Patch V0.1 Add-On". Even if you have auto-downloaded stuff, they'll have priority and work (tested on the rrs 2 v6 and rss fh19), else delete already existing stuff.

@Hoksu Last time I've checked some auto-downloaded rss tyre texture configs weren't ok (haven't the rss fh18 to test). Go to their sellfy and download the "RSS Shaders Patch V0.1 Add-On". Even if you have auto-downloaded stuff, they'll have priority and work (tested on the rrs 2 v6 and rss fh19), else delete already existing stuff.
Thanks but the problem is those are the generic Formule tyres rather than Pirellis. I edited the config so the file names match those included in the Pirelli texture pack CSP downloaded, now it works. A bit odd that CSP downloads a config that does not work

@Hoksu Sorry, I forgot that visual difference.
If you're willing to take a moment for it, report it on discord's csp #config-chat and point the files here that need to be fixed and how to. Someone with access should then check and fix it quickly.

TBH, I'm not a fan of github auto-downloading textures for a pay mod that change branding/appearance. At most, it should have RSS's own files if provided by them. For everything else there's RD.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.4%