AC Modding Questions Thread

I hope this is the right place for this:
Is there a way to look at a driver skin in Content Manager? Im able to open the driver.kn5, but I haven't fount out yet how i have to assign a skin to it.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/kunos-driver-viewer-2016-with-cm.1354/

CC did this up quickly a while back. It's quite handy for driver stuff; just note that the helmet visor is half mirrored, so you may need to load up an open wheel car and put the driver in it to fine tune that area. Also note that the detail texture on the gloves is different than the default one now (not sure when it changed); the one in this model is more coarse.

singer_open2.gif

Does anyone know, how do you set the speed of the animations for the elements ?
for example here; the doors are 10 frames in 3dsmax
the spoiler, whether is 80 or 200 frames is still the same speed ?

Try "SPEED=100", should work for the wing animations.
i tried only quickly, and didn't seem to do much that speed value, but anyways i can sort it later :)

i noticed something new,
20190428174625_1.jpg

few broken face in different parts on the model.
Did the usual "reset" of mesh and smoothing, but nothings does, and it only shows after export, nothing in 3dsmax
I'll try a different fbx version maybe ...

Is it UV unwrapped properly? Seams can do that if the normals change direction.

[edit] I should also mention that using ksPerPixelMultimap_damage_dirt is the only way to stop this, normalmaps have a silly problem and cannot technically be flat in AC. But the _damage version of the shader uses the normalmap for damage only, so it ends up fine.

Last edited:
i tried only quickly, and didn't seem to do much that speed value, but anyways i can sort it later :)

i noticed something new,
View attachment 303471

few broken face in different parts on the model.
Did the usual "reset" of mesh and smoothing, but nothings does, and it only shows after export, nothing in 3dsmax
I'll try a different fbx version maybe ...
Try redoing the UVs on the body

edit: jinx....

For tracks is there an optimal tris count for individual kstree groups? What about grasses? In other words tris per object.
you're limited to 65k triangles (or faces ? triangles i think) per mesh. If you do more, ksEditor will give you an error on loading, so better make sure in your 3D soft the poly count of each objects before export/import!
does it answer your question ?:p

you're limited to 65k triangles (or faces ? triangles i think) per mesh. If you do more, ksEditor will give you an error on loading, so better make sure in your 3D soft the poly count of each objects before export/import!
does it answer your question ?:p
I was looking for optimal number, not maximum :).

You also need to consider your DIP count, so for a flat track with a long viewable distance, you would want fewer grass objects (so more tris per object), but for an old-school twisty turny track where you can't see very far ahead, you might be better off with more objects but with fewer tris per object.

I have a question, one I have found scant answers for:

Just how do you 'fix' the GUID's for a sound mod so that Content Manager doesn't raise that TatuusFA1 error!?

Content Manager links you to a YouTube video that I've never been able to make sense of. Is it something the modder has to do during the creation process, or is there something that we can change afterwards in notepad to stop it happening?

I keep seeing that error in loads of mod cars and it's starting to bug me!

It's something that has to be done to the FMOD project instead of just loading up the example project and sticking sounds in it, so, creation process.

I've asked this in a few places but nobody seems to know the answer:
Any idea why the ROTATION=0,0,0 config command does not seem to work when adding dynamic kn5 objects? I need to rotate the orientation of some helicopters as they are placed, but no values seem to make any difference. Can dynamic object orientation be set in the config?

No, the orientation is set when the model is exported. As far as I know, you can't adjust this in the models.ini file
Ah, thanks mate. You wouldn't believe the amount of time I've wasted on this today. D'oh!
What does the ROTATION=0,0,0 config command actually do then?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 18.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 8 5.8%