AC Modding Questions Thread

I've never used it myself, but I would guess it is used to adjust the orientation of a model in-game... just not dynamic objects :(

I ended up exporting 8 different sets of animated birds for my Thomson Road track, just so I could have them flying in lots of different directions :rolleyes:

I've never used it myself, but I would guess it is used to adjust the orientation of a model in-game... just not dynamic objects :(

I ended up exporting 8 different sets of animated birds for my Thomson Road track, just so I could have them flying in lots of different directions :rolleyes:
Mmm... I might try putting them in as static models then. They're hovering helicopters, so don't need to be dynamic...

Yep, that worked..! :)
The lower chopper is a dynamic, the upper one is a static with ROTATION=0,0,90.
I obviously got the axis of rotation a bit arse-about-face, lol.

Screenshot_bacmono_acu_okutama-circuit_26-5-119-22-4-26.jpg

What a shame dynamic objects can't be orientated like static ones. There's no obvious reason why not.

Thanks again mate, you saved me a whole bunch of time.

ok this is fixed :cool: (to my quick test this weekend) after unwrapping the body.
So wrong mapping will create broken reflection
That only happens with the multimap_damage_dirt shader, if you leave any UV seams visible they will show as broken reflections / smoothing.

is there a chart anywhere that shows the meaning of packer range, rod length, bumpstop up/down? im a visual learner and the last few days of trying to figure it all out has gotten me nowhere.

May be a dumb question but since this thread is called like that it will fit in here :D

I´ve wanted to create an ao map using the content manager. The problem is not that I´m not able to create the texture but that the created texture puts the car color to white no matter what metal_detail.dds I´m using. I´m pretty sure I´ve edit the mapped texture but sadly I don´t have any clue how or what I have to edit. Hope that someone can help me out, thanks!

May be a dumb question but since this thread is called like that it will fit in here :D

I´ve wanted to create an ao map using the content manager. The problem is not that I´m not able to create the texture but that the created texture puts the car color to white no matter what metal_detail.dds I´m using. I´m pretty sure I´ve edit the mapped texture but sadly I don´t have any clue how or what I have to edit. Hope that someone can help me out, thanks!

You need to make the alpha channel of the AO texture black so it blends with the detail texture :)

Normal maps.
Right ??
How are they normal XD
i always struggle knowing what is correct or not
i tried to create a black & white version of the license plate so i can then make a template out of it, and create the normal map

singer_license.JPG

it's not super obvious... but the shadow on the car and on the plate don't seem to match perfectly, like one color should be flipped on the normal. I'm using nDo for photoshop, and there isn't much option

any advice ?

Annoyingly AC's not even self consistent about the channels to use for normalmaps. The majority use green up, red left but perpixelmultimap_detailnm uses red down, green right according to my notes.

With GIMP's normal filter the first case is 'invert x' 'invert y' both checked, second one you uncheck both and swap red/green channels

Yours just needs red inverted.

Last edited:
Does anybody know of any guides as to how to implement DRS on a car?
I've found the drs.ini but I've no idea what to put in it to make it work

How do I turn off or tone down lens flares in CSP? Using preview140. I prefer a bit more natural looks than this

QlkXT4t.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 205 88.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 32 13.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 64 27.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 79 33.9%