Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

@camerusa you can also use FlyPT Mover, it's free and work really well. It gets updates frequently as it's a recent project.

You have simtools of course, you have to buy a license and the plugins you need for the specific games you're using.

I would not use sim-motion at the moment cause it's very light in terms of possibilities and yet super pricey....

@Tronicgr_6DOF just bought simtool license and got it setup. But when I run the tool the servo motor do nothing. I can see data coming into simtool but nothing goes to the motors. Controller still show park. Sometimes i go into calibration again and it's hard to calibrate without a proper foot attached to the servo (still raw with their original cylinders) . In simtool I manageds to the controller to receive the date (displayed on the screen) but the motors were not moving. It's my first time going to all this so a big learning curve. Fatigue setting things up doesn't help so any person who could help in very plain lemon terms would get a gold medal. Thanks

@Tronicgr_6DOF just bought simtool license and got it setup. But when I run the tool the servo motor do nothing. I can see data coming into simtool but nothing goes to the motors. Controller still show park. Sometimes i go into calibration again and it's hard to calibrate without a proper foot attached to the servo (still raw with their original cylinders) . In simtool I manageds to the controller to receive the date (displayed on the screen) but the motors were not moving. It's my first time going to all this so a big learning curve. Fatigue setting things up doesn't help so any person who could help in very plain lemon terms would get a gold medal. Thanks
Oh I think I got it! Wait a minute (my com port was not selected)!

@camerusa you can also use FlyPT Mover, it's free and work really well. It gets updates frequently as it's a recent project.

You have simtools of course, you have to buy a license and the plugins you need for the specific games you're using.

I would not use sim-motion at the moment cause it's very light in terms of possibilities and yet super pricey....

i agree. Simtools is really a complete program. FlyPT is great but hard to use for an amateur like me, although if you join Thanos' discord, there's a ton of people willing to help!

i agree. Simtools is really a complete program. FlyPT is great but hard to use for an amateur like me, although if you join Thanos' discord, there's a ton of people willing to help!
yEAH i will post of Discord! Thanks for the support here though. @Tronicgr_6DOF I got the motors to work when I am testing parameters in Simtool but the minute I fire up a game I don't get anything to work. The controller shows that data is being received but in any game (ACC, RR3...) the motors do not receive any data nor their work. I am sure it's my lack on understanding how Simtool works but it's frustrating for now. What could be the issue in game? I have turned off Simhub and even UGT for my Cube Control wheel but still no data in game.

yEAH i will post of Discord! Thanks for the support here though. @Tronicgr_6DOF I got the motors to work when I am testing parameters in Simtool but the minute I fire up a game I don't get anything to work. The controller shows that data is being received but in any game (ACC, RR3...) the motors do not receive any data nor their work. I am sure it's my lack on understanding how Simtool works but it's frustrating for now. What could be the issue in game? I have turned off Simhub and even UGT for my Cube Control wheel but still no data in game.

It could be anything to be honest but you gotta rule out each item one by one. I strongly suggest reading the SimTools manual. I know its long, but you can skip through parts you understand already.

To make SimTools give your motors the data and make them move, you must install that game's plugin into the plugin updater. Theres a separate app that you drop the zipped plugin onto, and it installs the game. Theres a section on xsimulator.net about installing game plugins somewhere also.

Keep in mind that you must also PATCH the game from the SimTools game manager as well. If the game wasn't patched, it wont work either.

Also, make sure that your antivirus software or your firewall, isn't blocking simtools. You may want to shut each one down to rule those out as well, assuming you patched and installed the game's simtools plugins correctly.

I strongly suggest joining the Thanos discord, because others can help alot more quickly there also.

Did you read the simtools manual here?

Did you read the simtools manual here?

Clearly not! I took the time to do it and most of not all the answers to questions were there. Thank you for all your help. This controller is the smartest investment I have made in this project.

Another great demonstration of the motion quality of Mike's 737 6DOF platform. All jolts are now taken care of, thanks to the combination of Rolling Average Filtering and the new Spike Filter. Everything is smooth but still very accurate and responsive to motion cues. Its ready for the mounting of the relisting cockpit on it soon.

Talking about jolts and vibrations, you can go completely opposite way, have all the road details unfiltered from the game (100% intensity in simtools) and still survive crashes like a boss:

Just see the amount of vibration detail running over the curb on this "camera on board" clip. Bonus: Crashing with Spike Filter is like the crash motion cue is erased before it even reaches the actuators!!

Thanks
Thanos

Just to let US based members, there is a way to power the drives from 110v instead of using power converters from 110v to 220v...

It simple as setting Pn083=100
The Pn083 is the undervoltage alarm and should be set 10v or 20v lower than the working voltage. So by setting that to 100v you are able to power the AASD-15A with 110v US power directly.

And some bonus good news for US based members, powering it with 110v lowers the whining noise in half because of the lower voltage swing of the PWM inside the drive if you have good ground connection. Tested and verified... :cool:

Thanks
Thanos

Has anyone had any problems with changing the undervoltage alarm and using 110v? I haven't read anything about this other than this post. Curious to see if anyone has developed any problems after longer-term use after changing this and using with 110v power. Thanks!

Has anyone had any problems with changing the undervoltage alarm and using 110v? I haven't read anything about this other than this post. Curious to see if anyone has developed any problems after longer-term use after changing this and using with 110v power. Thanks!

No. It might just limit the max RPM a tiny bit (2700RPM) as it clips part of the AC wave of the IGBT voltage that it needs to reach the rated 3000RPM.

If you make your motor reach 3000RPM on 100mm stroke let me know (not enough run space).

Hi Thanos,

I am building an SFX-100 system but have doubled the length of the actuators(stroke), will your 4 dof controller allow me to adjust the stroke more than the 100mm documented? Thanks.

Yes the the open-hardware 4dof, thanks for the reply.
Yes the the open-hardware 4dof, thanks for the reply.

Even though the full function AMC controller is $280, its worth it in my opinion. It's already assembled for you, can go up to as big a stroke as you want, can go up to 7-DOF, has a screen so you can see the settings you're setting up on the controller, and gets full upgrades from Thanos. His Crash Filter firmware update ALONE, is worth it.

You'll spend about $200 more than making the free 4-DOF one probably, but take my word for it - it is ABSOLUTELY worth it. Join Thanos' discord also. You'll get help fairly quickly. They helped me when I was putting together my PT-actuators kit.The community is getting larger every day and you can find answers within minutes.

Even though the full function AMC controller is $280, its worth it in my opinion. It's already assembled for you, can go up to as big a stroke as you want, can go up to 7-DOF, has a screen so you can see the settings you're setting up on the controller, and gets full upgrades from Thanos. His Crash Filter firmware update ALONE, is worth it.

You'll spend about $200 more than making the free 4-DOF one probably, but take my word for it - it is ABSOLUTELY worth it. Join Thanos' discord also. You'll get help fairly quickly. They helped me when I was putting together my PT-actuators kit.The community is getting larger every day and you can find answers within minutes.

I will have to wait and save up for it, the sfx-100 wiped me clean and I learned about the Thanos controller too late. I just realized I will be limited to 100mm stroke but I redesigned my actuators to have double the stroke for when I use it on flight sims.

I will have to wait and save up for it, the sfx-100 wiped me clean and I learned about the Thanos controller too late. I just realized I will be limited to 100mm stroke but I redesigned my actuators to have double the stroke for when I use it on flight sims.

Ye SFX-100 is made for 100mm stroke, so Thanos wanted to give people the option to use any motion software and gave a free DIY plan for that controller which does 100mm stroke. If you plan on going to a longer stroke, just save up for it. It's 100% worth it - I can tell you from experience.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.