Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Demonstration of the new rolling average filtering system in latest firmware of the AMC-AASD15A, on Mike's 737 6DOF platform:

A reversal on axis direction is needed in Ian's BFF 6DOF motion software config file, but other than that its the smoothest platform I have seen taxing!

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
Here is a quick preview of Ian's 6dof racing cockpit in action, powered by FlyPT mover motion software:

Its quite upgrade from 4 actuator to 6 but way more realistic for VR.

IMG_20200131_164829.jpg

Thanks
Thanos

It's really great awesome, more than 70k + viewers, good job, Thanos ~~

Yes, its a good 116:1 ratio, but it wouldn't be possible without quality content to place here.

Speaking of which, i can't help noticing your redesigned website is marvelous and can't praise enough the new actuator kits and platforms you have there now available... I really like the 4DOF + TL + Surge platform base...

mmexport1581868802881.jpg

mmexport1581868800625.png

( as seen here: http://www.pt-actuator.com/index.html )

Thanks
Thanos

Here is the results on some common failures and how the AMC-AASD15A recovers from them:

In short, I tried to put the drives on flames, but its just not possible... lots of safety features around to prevent almost all cases.

Thanks
Thanos

Here is a most complete video explaining all the parts of the huge 737 6DOF platform that Mike from New Mexico is building. Plus some bonus demonstration taxing and takeoff.

Thanks
Thanos

Derek from Oregon started making his 6DOF platform a few weeks ago, see his progress on these videos:

I think its great build to follow, and looks very promising despite being low cost DIY approach.

Screenshot_20200225-030029_YouTube.jpg

Thanks
Thanos

The upcoming firmware will have smoothing filter (Rolling Average and S-curve path correction), and most important of all it will have a hardware implemented Spike Filter, for y'all that can't keep the vehicle in the track and keep crashing against walls.

The filter is simply level based that can detect spikes larger than the average speed of your actuators, and will place the motors in position seek mode (slower artificial motion) for the duration of the crash, until the vehicle comes to a stop. This is quite effective on rollover situations that the crash side effects are sustained for quite long.

If you were using the Force Offline switch when you were about to crash, there is no need now, it acts like a automatic force offline switch, so you don't need to haste into reaching for the switch to turn off the motion.

Being implemented in hardware, means it will work on ALL motion software. Some motion software implement similar spike filter but it just cuts off the motion (freeze in place), while the spike filter in the AMC-AASD15A will keep the motors moving slower seeking to catch up with real time motion data when its safe again.

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
Hi Henry,

You can use an 3.5mm audio jack connector, in order to use shielded audio wire for the e-stop, to avoid interferences from possible EMI. See this video:

If you are going to wire only the E-stop switch you will need to wire just on the KLM pin and the GND, but if you want to also wire the Force Offline switch (recommended), the FSW pin on the green terminal, as well. There is a simplified drawing in the manual:

Or on the main page of the github:
Screenshot_20200229-034628_Chrome.jpg

The e-stop switches have usually four contacts, two contacts are for Normally Open and two contacts for Normally Close. Wire it on the Normally Open contacts.

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
The upcoming firmware will have smoothing filter (Rolling Average and S-curve path correction), and most important of all it will have a hardware implemented Spike Filter, for y'all that can't keep the vehicle in the track and keep crashing against walls.

The filter is simply level based that can detect spikes larger than the average speed of your actuators, and will place the motors in position seek mode (slower artificial motion) for the duration of the crash, until the vehicle comes to a stop. This is quite effective on rollover situations that the crash side effects are sustained for quite long.

If you were using the Force Offline switch when you were about to crash, there is no need now, it acts like a automatic force offline switch, so you don't need to haste into reaching for the switch to turn off the motion.

Being implemented in hardware, means it will work on ALL motion software. Some motion software implement similar spike filter but it just cuts off the motion (freeze in place), while the spike filter in the AMC-AASD15A will keep the motors moving slower seeking to catch up with real time motion data when its safe again.

Thanks
Thanos

A short demo of the new safety feature (spike filter) in action...

To explain what you see in the video, as soon the car hits the wall, the spike filter activates and slows down the actuators speed automatically, so you still have motion, even feel the off road bumps etc... it re-enters online motion data after a short period of seek motion of the motors to catch up.

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
Hi Henry,

You can use an 3.5mm audio jack connector, in order to use shielded audio wire for the e-stop, to avoid interferences from possible EMI. See this video:

If you are going to wire only the E-stop switch you will need to wire just on the KLM pin and the GND, but if you want to also wire the Force Offline switch (recommended) you can wire the FSW pin on the green terminal as well. There is a simplified drawing in the manual:

Or on the main page of the github:
View attachment 352650

The e-stop switches have usually four contacts, two contacts are for Normally Open and two contacts for Normally Close. Wire it on the Normally Open contacts.

Thanks
Thanos
This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! I am so glad I bought your controller. Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi Thanos I know this forum is about your controller but as I am waiting for my parts (motor and other) to arrive from China, I have started to think about wiring system. Again I am very green in this. Would you think this system with Wago 221 levers would work to power the servo drives?
Waggo Wiring.jpg

Hi Thanos I know this forum is about your controller but as I am waiting for my parts (motor and other) to arrive from China, I have started to think about wiring system. Again I am very green in this. Would you think this system with Wago 221 levers would work to power the servo drives?View attachment 352896

I'm not sure how well these lever clips would hold the wiring, especially if they been subjected to vibration from the motion platform. Perhaps its better to get a few screw terminal blocks...

IMG_20200301_093522.jpg

Thanks
Thanos

I'm not sure how well these lever clips would hold the wiring, especially if they been subjected to vibration from the motion platform. Perhaps its better to get a few screw terminal blocks...

View attachment 352905

Thanks
Thanos
They will not be on the motion platform but rather inside the server rack housing the servo drive. This wiring configuration is to power the 4 servo drive using one main cable with other wires connected to the waggo clips. So there should be no vibration. WDYT? Thank you

Last edited:
They will not be on the motion platform but rather inside the server rack housing the servo drive. This wiring configuration is to power the 4 servo drive using one main cable with other wires connected to the waggo clips. So there should be no vibration. WDYT? Thank you
I've been using those WAGOs over a year now. They're not mounted on the motion platform.
No problems so far.

Ok, final iteration of spike filter is done! Works as planned. It recovers instantly after crash, even if you keep driving !!

I added range parameter for the filter so you can fine tune the spike filter value if you are using low value. Try it here:

Here is a demo race with spike filter Enabled!! The stepper motor didn't jolt even once and it recovers instantly to online data...

See here a demo race with spike filter DISABLED...enjoy the jolts... LOL

The spike filter is an active low pass filter, that instead of cutoff of the motion above the filter level, it throws the system in offline mode and replaces the real time motion data with artificial secondary motion data that are executed with lower motor speed. This takes care of filtering out large amplitude consecutive motion packets (spikes) but preserving the original motion. Also it will stop the actuators from executing large swing motions, like jolts from transitioning from game to menus in some games, and generally any unwanted non-linear motion cues from games or bugs in the motion software.

I'm saying again... its the holy grail of motion control... I wanted to fix this for years now, and finally its possible with this controller (but also necessary!!!).

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back